What's Your Fave Brand Of Gripper?

lloyd80s

Your fave gripper brand to use?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. What brand of gripper do you find the best to train with?

• Captains of Crush
    • HeavyGrips
    • Barabans
    • BeefBuilders/Tetting
    • Ivanco
    • Vulcan
    • Other

If you forget about certs and price and has to choose just 1 brand of grippers to train with forever, what brand would you go for and why?

For me, only having used COCS, HGS and RB's I'd have to say that the RB's look the best but as a training tool and for the way the spings seem to keep their tension it has to be COCS.

if i could only use 1 brand i would use BBs.

if i could only train with one gripper it would be my #4 though. I would find it hard to part with this gripper.

Tetting. The easy customization Warren offers does it for me.

I have some favorite grippers of all brands- HG250 is my warmup gripper, NGM+HG300 are my hard training grippers lefty, and I use IM,RB, and COC grippers around the #3 range in my right hand training.

Beefbuilders. Feel right, plain and simple looking, do the job.

I missed the Vulcan option. I like the look and feel of BB's but I'm getting better at all grippers using the Vulcan.

Beefbuilder for me but I love COCs as well. Tetting's options are just great.

Tim

im a big fan of the rbs and bbs, but i think it depends where you are, in terms of gripper strength, if you arent looking at customised grippers. My BBM is easier than my 1.5, and my BBSM is harder than my 2.5, and as im at the 2.5 level i havent had a lot of play with my BB grippers, as i dont do a lot of negs. So i favour my RB grippers as i use at least my 180 every session, but i do rate rate the knurling on the BBs quite high. I expect when i get nearer the 3 level i will prefer the BBs as i will be using them a lot.

Those of you that have voted for other, what grippers do you prefer then??

This looks like a race betwwen COCs and BBs, be interesting to see what comes out on top after more people have added votes!

The CoC without a doubt, most want to cert with ironmind-and gripboard to start mm ladder- and best way to do that is train with the ironmind grippers. They last forever, have enough choices and are just the best.

I think most people will go with the CoC's mostly because of the brand recognition, while the Tettings are really the best. Bb's are even better in quality than the CoC's, also last forever,

have even more choices, are the same price, and you know they are made by Warren himself, not mass-produced.

And now that I think about it, the pinned handles are pretty cool, too ;)

Edited by Magnus

Vulcan Gripper has allowed me to have a "fire sale" some of you enjoyed on my gripper collection which included COC's, Tetting's and RB's.

Train pretty much only on the Vulcan, have 'tested' with my remaining COC's and RB's with big improvements since NOT training with them.

Keeps the workouts focused and progressing. Great smoothe handles work awesome with chalk.

Hard to compare if you don't have one- I have had them all (including Brookfield, HG's and Ivanko) and it is my favorite by a BIG MARGIN.

VULCAN meets my needs for heavy-duty training- I have no desire to certify on anything, just get stronger.

David has built the best.

I voted for Beef Builder/Tetting. I love the sharp knurling on these grippers, thats what wins it for me.

I think most people will go with the CoC's mostly because of the brand recognition, while the Tettings are really the best. Bb's are even better in quality than the CoC's, also last forever,

have even more choices, are the same price, and you know they are made by Warren himself, not mass-produced.

I"m suprised you would choose BB when all you train with are HG. CoC has been recognized for a while as having the best grippers and for good reason. They look slick, feel right don't vary much at all and have all the prestige of the certs. The BB do become important when trying to find a small gap between a 2.5 to 3 or 3.5 to 4 in order to get the prestigious iron mind cert.

I"m suprised you would choose BB when all you train with are HG. CoC has been recognized for a while as having the best grippers and for good reason. They look slick, feel right don't vary much at all and have all the prestige of the certs. The BB do become important when trying to find a small gap between a 2.5 to 3 or 3.5 to 4 in order to get the prestigious iron mind cert.

perhaps you didn't see the part in the original post about forgetting about the certs and choosing over feel and quality :D

I train with HG's, but I have Bb's also (it's just that I can't close my GE ;) ). But as for the best gripper, Teemu will tell you,

Bb's are the top-notch, with CoC's running a close second.

perhaps you didn't see the part in the original post about forgetting about the certs and choosing over feel and quality :D

Thank-you :D

Edited by Magnus

Err I think you might wanna edit that one right out. ALL gripper brands vary, some more than others. IM is, in spite of claims to the contrary, no better at avoiding this than anyone else. I like Randall, he's a good guy, but some claims he's made on this issue are wrong.

I agree!

Sometimes the most basic tool can do the best job. Tetting or Beefbuilder grippers are made even now by the man who, if not created, certainly made the very earliest gripper of the kind we all recognize. That he makes them, from the weakest to the monster 1800lb rated beast, the way he does should mean something - that there is no need to modify the design.

For improving my gripper power I highly rate David Horne's Vulcan Gripper - it's worked for me.

For out and out fancy custom jobs I'd put Robert Baraban a little ahead of Warren. God only knows what they might produce if they joined up.

I agree!

Sometimes the most basic tool can do the best job. Tetting or Beefbuilder grippers are made even now by the man who, if not created, certainly made the very earliest gripper of the kind we all recognize. That he makes them, from the weakest to the monster 1800lb rated beast, the way he does should mean something - that there is no need to modify the design.

For improving my gripper power I highly rate David Horne's Vulcan Gripper - it's worked for me.

For out and out fancy custom jobs I'd put Robert Baraban a little ahead of Warren. God only knows what they might produce if they joined up.

If they joined up, you'd end up with a mirror shine gripper with a 1 inch spring, with pinned handles and digital lbs read out on the top!!.....oh and it'd play your cds as you train! :rock

I agree!

If they joined up, you'd end up with a mirror shine gripper with a 1 inch spring, with pinned handles and digital lbs read out on the top!!.....oh and it'd play your cds as you train! :rock

Bwaaaahahahahaha :laugh But, back on topic, it looks like Warren is catching up in the polls :rock

Edited by Magnus

I also think COC grippers are leading simply because of name recognition.

Their quality is very good, but it is hard to beat the options you can get from Warren.