Packaging On Mash Monster Grippers

Jedd Johnson

Guys,

I got the MM1 today after the most recent cert and the envelope it was in was nearly half open. We came very close to losing the MM1 Gripper.

I am asking anyone that takes part in a certification to please be as careful as you can when shipping these back to me. Be sure that the adhesive is pressed down firmly across the edge of the envelope, and do not be afraid to ask the post office employee to throw some extra tape on there.

If one of these grippers falls out here in the office that I visit, they will know who it goes to. However, if it falls out of a poorly sealed package en route, we may not be so lucky.

For anyone else who is in line for certs, please review the procedure and make sure youa re aware of the fee, packaging, videoing, etc.

Thanks everyone.

That was me. Myself and the post office employee pressed on the seal. I guess if you are going to use the USPS envelopes then use tape in addition to envelope adhesive. I would make it a rule to use tape on edges as well because when I recieved the gripper it was open in spots along the top. not where it seals. the seal was good but where the envelope folds along the edge above the adhesive was open in a few spots but only an inch or so.

Edited by Chris Mathison

This means basically COVERED in tape.

I did the same with the boxes which still should be used when possible rather than an envelope IMO.

You cannot trust just the normal tape seal of the USPS stuff.

Thanks everyone!

Take it from me the more tape the better. I work at UPS and see things that break open all the time because they were not packaged right.

Why not calibrating the MMG grippers? Just in case it got lost (for any reason) you always can know the exact poundage of it.

I think prevention is a better idea. i see where you are coming from, but it would still be a different gripper.

If one of these grippers falls out here in the office that I visit, they will know who it goes to. However, if it falls out of a poorly sealed package en route, we may not be so lucky.

Jedd, I have a suggestion. How about placing a tag on the gripper itself when sending it to/from you with your name and address and phone number JUST IN CASE the very worst happens and the gripper should fall out of the box. That way, there's a tag with contact info on it... and everyone can sleep well knowing that! :happy

That is how I send stuff that I ship. I know at UPS if you have a addy on something that fell out of the box it will find its way back to ya. Much harder without that.

Jedd, I have a suggestion. How about placing a tag on the gripper itself when sending it to/from you with your name and address and phone number JUST IN CASE the very worst happens and the gripper should fall out of the box. That way, there's a tag with contact info on it... and everyone can sleep well knowing that! :happy

Wannagrip gave me a crapload of those and I only remember to put them on 25 percent of the time. That is my bad.