Grrrraaa! Dc1 Goes Down!

timiacobucci

Bent DC1

I finally bent this damn shoe. I've had this pile of diamond shoes sitting in my living room for months that I couldn't do anything with, just mocking me. Finally the battle begins in earnest to start wading through these suckers.

I had thought it was mainly my kink technique that was stopping me and that with my braced bending strength I could take it the rest of the way pretty easy after I got it kinked good. The dc1 did not disappoint though. It was super hard the whole way through and I could only get it a wink over 180 right now. Tough bastard! I would have it no other way though.

I have a feeling once I get it a bit more past 180 I can crush it to a heart allot easier though. My kinking over the thigh on braced bends is my weak point, rowing and crushing is where I shine.

I used leather wraps, making them as tight as I could really helped I think, thanks for the tip on that Zack. I also used a wadded up towel. I don't like how the towel feels but I was all relaxed after a long day of selecting at work (shitty tough manual job) for 10 hours. So I was wearing pajama pants, not much padding there. I need to get some jeans. I also need to try it again when I'm rested. I couldn't resist hitting it again though and I am happy that I did.

CONGRATS TIM!!!!

Nice job. I'm still working on the DC shoes.

Congratulations on finally getting the DC1. I want to get that heart too, but I have the opposite problem of you. It might take me awhile to find the right spot on my leg to get the kink going, but once I find the right spot, that DC1 goes easily enough to 90. My problem with the DC1, as with all other shoes actually, is getting it from 90 to 180. Matter of fact, the night I got my first (and only as of this moment) DC1 to 180, I had gotten a Polo#1 to about 130 degrees of damage right before trying the DC1. Afterwards, reasoning that the DC1 felt harder than the Polo, I tried to finish off the Polo. Couldn't budge it past 130. Go figure.

Great job Tim! That's a tough shoe right there.

Tim

Great Job Tim!! Thats a tough shoe buddy! Congrats! :rock

Where can I find instructions on bending shoes? I think I want to start, even if I can only do iso's.

Where can I find instructions on bending shoes? I think I want to start, even if I can only do iso's.

As far as I'm aware, at the moment, all you can do is watch videos of mine, Adam Glass, Dennis Rodgers and the others on the net. Try to replicate the technique as best you can, you could also ask us questions and we'll try to help. The best teacher, however, is experience so simply grabbing one of those St. Croix Ultralites that I KNOW you have and trying on it. See where the shoe is most comfortable for you, R or L thigh, or perhaps your like Foxman and Bossie308 and you just come up with your own crazy technique because it's most comfortable for you that way. Some tips, TIGHT wraps, don't push on the end of the shoe leg with the outside of your palm, push with the center right by the thumb pad. This will put your wrist in an easier position to crank downward.

As far as I'm aware, at the moment, all you can do is watch videos of mine, Adam Glass, Dennis Rodgers and the others on the net. Try to replicate the technique as best you can, you could also ask us questions and we'll try to help. The best teacher, however, is experience so simply grabbing one of those St. Croix Ultralites that I KNOW you have and trying on it. See where the shoe is most comfortable for you, R or L thigh, or perhaps your like Foxman and Bossie308 and you just come up with your own crazy technique because it's most comfortable for you that way. Some tips, TIGHT wraps, don't push on the end of the shoe leg with the outside of your palm, push with the center right by the thumb pad. This will put your wrist in an easier position to crank downward.

Just a thumbs up for Zach's videos. I'm sure the others are good, as well, but when I was having trouble, I watched a couple of Zach's over and over, especially taking note of the hand position. I am a visual learner and it helped a lot.

Just a thumbs up for Zach's videos. I'm sure the others are good, as well, but when I was having trouble, I watched a couple of Zach's over and over, especially taking note of the hand position. I am a visual learner and it helped a lot.

I REALLY don't want to sound heady here but I have to say something about my vids. The ones I'd think would help people the most are my DC1, DC0 and Lite 3 vids. Each one has it's merits but to be completely honest, I learned how to bend shoes while filming the DC1 because I figured out what works during that bend and that becomes obvious when you watch the vids that came after. A lot of the positions I tried and a lot of the weird directions in which I pushed just didn't work and were subsequently rooted out. Keep the arms as straight as possible throughout the bend, a little bend is actually perfect because you can push on the shoe most efficiently by trying to lockout the triceps. Check out all the shoe bend vids on youtube, what do they all have in common? Straight or nearly straight arms throughout most of the bend ;)

Thanks everyone, this has really been a major goal for me for a good while now. It is right next to bending the bastard the first time for me, of course it is still only half done.

Ya like has already been said, watch Adam and Zack's vids. I download them and scan back and forth focusing on hand position and even play in slow mo. The hand position and also the placment and location where you brace your arms against your body play a big role, at least it did for me. I have pressure marks against my belly from the back of my left hand.

For pushing over the thigh I know some guys can bench a ton and have monster tricep and arm strength so they can actually push down and don't need to brace as much but I feel it is a huge issue where and how you brace to use the most powerful parts of your whole body combined. Like Zack said, keep your arms straight and lock and "scissor" into it, that is to say get that sucker way up on your hip, like jamming something deep into a pair of pliers to get the best leverage on it, and crush your whole upper body down on it and I usually squat down at first and squat up and try and drive into and against my decending upper body, this will also flex your thigh hard and makes a harder, and less painful fulcrum to bend around. You can imagine why this is going to be allot stronger than just pushing with your arm.

I think practicing other braced bending will help allot especially with the part after 90 degrees. ALso it is NOT the same as a bar or wrench even though the pushing down motion is similar. It is still not straight like a bar you need to balance it on the edge which it tricky and it is also not straight which affects hand position and power application. Like I said before too, watch Tim T and Dennis push down, everything as straight as possible and compact, get the best levers and be as efficient as you can to take full advantage of the braceing.

Again like has already been said, and like anything else, actually practicing and doing it is the only way to really learn it, just keep these things in mind when you are setting up and experimenting. I believe actually being able to bend a shoe is much more helpful than isos for shoe bending, at least until you have your method and form down like Zack. You cannot go all out and get the benefit of an iso until you know how to generate max force in a given position, and obviously what that position is going to be.

Try an ultralite and even file the thickness down until you can get it, if you have a couple and don't mind defileing one.

I REALLY don't want to sound heady here but I have to say something about my vids.

You heady bastard you.

a little bend is actually perfect because you can push on the shoe most efficiently by trying to lockout the triceps.

Actually thinking about this, I bet super heavy quarter benches in a power rack would be awesome to develope power in this range for most braced bending, I was going back and watching Tim T vids and dennis's S wrench and they're arms are bent right at that last bit of lockout range.

a little bend is actually perfect because you can push on the shoe most efficiently by trying to lockout the triceps.

Actually thinking about this, I bet super heavy quarter benches in a power rack would be awesome to develope power in this range for most braced bending, I was going back and watching Tim T vids and dennis's S wrench and they're arms are bent right at that last bit of lockout range.

Yes, did you see that recently posted picture of Stanless Steel doing lockouts with a CAR? Of course, now I forget who posted it where...

Yes, did you see that recently posted picture of Stanless Steel doing lockouts with a CAR? Of course, now I forget who posted it where...

I did not, but I sure would like to if you can find it.

More bent shoes

I bent a ds1 and dc00 today. The ds1 was very close to the dc1, I might give the dc1 a slight lead.

The dc00 was real small and hard to start but the rest of the bend was easier than the big guys.

I couldn't get any of them much more past 180 though.

More bent shoes

I bent a ds1 and dc00 today. The ds1 was very close to the dc1, I might give the dc1 a slight lead.

The dc00 was real small and hard to start but the rest of the bend was easier than the big guys.

congrats!!! :rock

More bent shoes

Awesome job :rock