Hub Lifting Plates?

jamesburk3

What types of plates do most people use for hub lifting?

Ive got 2 different 25lb plates and 3 different 45 lb plates .

The ones I have seen are:Old Yorks,Hampton,fitness gear,and I think some use Standard.I own the Hampton and fitness gear brand and both are very good for hub lifting Although the F.G. ones have a larger hub,But that just makes more of a challenge. :D

The plates I own are VTX. They are good for hublifting but not so good for plate pinching because the 10s are as thick as some 25s I've seen.

Hubbing is cool. I will say Ivankos are lousy. All my gym has :(

Edited by The Writer

old 20 kg-berg-plates for example.

watch achim kircher here:

• Like 1

i have six different ones i see diesel crew uses billards about any deep dish plate has a bigger hub

1 . york 3 1/4 x 1 in deep

2 . york 3 1/2x 1 in deep

3 . international 3 1/4x 1in deep

4. york 3 5/8 x 1 in deep

5. hampton 3 in x 1 1/16 deep

6. cap 4 1/8x 3/4 deep

7. sybersnotts plate 3 in x 1 1/4

8. jeds billard ??? he can tell us

9.??

10. any more :D

i have six different ones i see diesel crew uses billards about any deep dish plate has a bigger hub

6. cap 4 1/8x 3/4 deep

9.??

10. any more :D

I've got a schisler 45 close to a york not as much slope, the shallow standard and yorks are a good challenge if you can hit them the others come easy.

6. cap 4 1/8x 3/4 deep

9.stews schisler 45

10. :Dhttp://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=5160

I don't know the hub depth on Jedd's Billard plate, but it's nice!

My gym has new rubber coated plates that are junk for just about everything.

Are you talking about the Jackson plates that I got? Those would be great beginner hub lifting plates! :happy

I just measured my Billard 45 lb hub width 3 5/16 inches depth 1 /1/4 inches to the face of the plate 1 inch to the sweep hope this help's.

Are you talking about the Jackson plates that I got? Those would be great beginner hub lifting plates! :happy

YES SIR :D

6. cap 4 1/8x 3/4 deep

9.stews schisler 45

10. :Dhttp://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=5160

Fitness gear plates= 3-5/8"x7/8"

You guys have been a lot of help. :rock

I mainly asked this question because I want to work up to a 45, and I wanted to know how much dish everyones plates had. Thanks :D

Are the Caps decent?

I'm thinking of buying some plates for hub lifting, and those are just about the only ones I see in my area, but I don't want to spend money on ones people think are junk or not worth it.

Incidently, are they decent for plate lifts (i.e. 2x 45 plate lift), because I'd like to start training for that to (with a pulley system, I'm not at the level yet)

Are the Caps decent?

I'm thinking of buying some plates for hub lifting, and those are just about the only ones I see in my area, but I don't want to spend money on ones people think are junk or not worth it.

Incidently, are they decent for plate lifts (i.e. 2x 45 plate lift), because I'd like to start training for that to (with a pulley system, I'm not at the level yet)

caps are harder to hub but good to pinch i think stew did a hub lift with a cap plate get some hamptons to hub lift or internationals

thanks. Do any of the chain sporting good stores in the US carry hamptons or internationals per chance?

Forget what other people think... just find some plates that have a decent looking hub on them and start lifting! :happy You might wanna go around to some P.I.A. stores or anyone having a garage/moving sale and see if they have any weight plates available and take a look at them.

Are the Caps decent?

Caps aren't terrible but are harder than hamptons, the 25 caps aren't to bad to start with. But like Syber siad just get some and work them you'll get them with some practice and I would shoot for the used thing if you can.