Tetting Grippers Question

Tim71

Okay, I've got a question concerning my research I've done on the super-grippers that are above the #4.

In the "where do my grippers lie" thread that's stickied, it shows the beefbuilder galaxy having a .353 spring, the super galaxy having a .362 spring and so on. In the thread "Warren Tetting's huge grippers" cbr454 posted an email that says the galaxy uses a .392, the super a .437 and the celestial a whopping .501.

Which is right? Also, how big is the spring on the RBWT?

Did Warren change the spring sizes or is one of these posts wrong?

Just curious as I like the extreme stuff.

Tim

In the "where do my grippers lie" thread that's stickied, it shows the beefbuilder galaxy having a .353 spring, the super galaxy having a .362 spring and so on. In the thread "Warren Tetting's huge grippers" cbr454 posted an email that says the galaxy uses a .392, the super a .437 and the celestial a whopping .501

Tim,

If you can contain yourself a little while longer (!), I may have an answer for you shortly. I just got my 1st installment of the new "T" grippers from Nutritiongeeks and I'm going to get a caliper and give you the results of my findings. The T13 spring, which was revealed as the Super Galaxy has a very big spring and I can't even budge it! BTW, does Warren still make the "celestial"? Wow, that's gotta be a very huge gripper!! :D

The 'older' galaxy with the .345 spring is called a 'constellation' i think Dave Ostlund uses to own one of these and use it for chest crushing to help with bending.

the new galaxy (thor range of BB gripper) with .392 spring (i own one of these) is a whle different animal and feels harder than 2 #4s together. this will never be even chest crushed.

.312 COC #4

.312 BB Grand Elite

.331 BB World Class

.345 BB Galaxy

.362 BB Super Galaxy

.375 BB Grand Galaxy

above are the wire sizes of the first batch of super grippers the new ones have much bigger wire sizes for exmaple the new galaxy (.392) has a bigger spring than the old grand galaxy

Edited by CoC#3

Warren's changed the naming a bit, and no longer makes some sizes.

In 2003 Warren sent me a "Constellation" (spring size 0.362") and the old model "Galaxy" (spring size 0.376")--my old micrometer agreed with Warren's claims about the "wire" size.

Last month I received Warren's new model "Galaxy" (with a spring size of 0.392"), and a "Super Galaxy" (spring size 0.437"), along with his usual hand-written letter, explaining that he no longer makes grippers with 0.362" or 0.376" springs. He also promised the "Celestial" (spring size 0.501"!) within 30 days.

True to his word, also as usual, Warren sent the "Celestial" in about 3 weeks. Competition for the most outrageous--some would say most worthless--gripper must now be over. The "Celestial" has a spring diameter close to the diameter of the handles, has an inside handle spread of 2.97" (it doesn't look that wide, because of the scale of the spring), and dwarfs the "Super Galaxy". Of course, these are all just collector's items, like the Baraban "World's Toughest" (spring size 0.393").

Chris

Thanks a ton guys! That really clears it up for me and I'll have to aquire some of these when I get the "normal" grippers bought.

Tim