Surprise

liam.mccaffrey

again after a short layoff i am surprised to find how much my bending has suffered, my previous best for a red nail was 47 seconds

now after 3 weeks off i can not kink a red nor move one prekinked to 30 deg

Really?

Usually I'm suprised at how much a lay-off helps me. I almost wonder if you've got a much harder red nail or was just having a really bad night.

Tim

Was it a new Red? Those cal at 460 lbs. while the old ones were MUCH easier. If that's not the problem it might be an acclimation thing. Usually after a week or two off it takes me a workout to acclimate back to bending then it's not long before I'm hitting giant PRs.

Liam, i find the same things happen to me also! I have given the bending a break now for several weeks and i know that the first session back won't be brilliant, but after a few more training sessions i'll be getting back to where i was.

i suppose daily ISO work is the way to keep the body in tune for bending (even if you're not actually going to bend anything)