Check Out My New Pr Bend

Tim71

Well, I decided to push my luck and see if I could knock another 1.75 inches off my PR. That way I'd have done a 100d length bar only alot tougher.

Sorry to say the cammera wasn't rolling but it wasn't show worthy anyway as it took quite a while and I probably dropped to the floor half a dozen times. The 11.75 incher I got on vid is a much better vid.

Probably took 20 or so hard tries to even get the thing moving after the miniscule kink over the thigh. Monumentally hard from begining to end. I was totally spent afterwards.

I scanned it next to a griprite 100d for comparison. This kind of bend gives me my workout for the night. Thank God too I didn't get any injuries from it.

Here's the pic.

1/2 inch by 10 inch HRS

Later,

Tim

That's super duperly awesome, Tim!

WOW TIM, :blink

Those are some seriously thick and short braced bending bars. You just keep getting stronger and stronger by the week--CONGRATS MY FRIEND!!! :rock

Or Tim The Spike Man. Congrats Tim!!!

HUGE bend, Tim. Congrats!

Goody

You will get the 6" 1/2 HRS this year! :rock

Gazza,

You see, I decided since I was taking it easy, to go ahead and cut some steel and grind the edges so I could have it ready. Big mistake. It's like that steel just kinda calls out to me when I walk by. Then I just decided to wrap the bar just to see how the length felt. Ha Ha! Before you know it I'm huffin and grunting and really laying into it.

Alawadhi, thanks but at 6 inches it would be like asking a tractor trailer to turn around on a 2 lane highway. My shortest possible goal would be 8 inches for any braced bend since that's sorta the rules of bending. HOWEVER, I do have some 9/16 calling my name.

Thanks everybody. It was a tough one and I could tell it when my feel hit the ground this morning.

Tim

Tim

This is only the start for you matey one day you will be doing that with CRS or square No "LIMITS" bro.

1/2in. x 12in. :bow John B. Oh & the Red wasnt bare handed.

This post is one of the things that really insprired me.

That and seeing Big Steve bend the 1/2 inch on his second DVD.

Tim

Awesome bend tim I have got to try some of that hot roll stuff looks real cool.Great Job!!! :mosher

Brendan

Nice Bend Tim

You put up a good effort and stayed with it to finish the job

Live Long - Bend Strong

Robert

Tim,

That is NICE! Can you send one of those off to be calibrated? I'd like to know where it comes in at.

Chris

Chris,

I've been thinking about that too. My concern was that the clamps Eric uses I'm not sure are big enough to go around a bar this big. I'll PM him and see or maybe he'll see this post. I too am very curious. I know a 10 inch FBBC spike is 400 lbs and I know this is well above that having bent both.

I'll try to do that soon.

Tim

Which technique do you use to bend a piece that long?

Got any video's from it? I've tried a piece of 10" today, but it's very difficult to get a good start with it IMO.

Sick steel Tim! I have to admit seeing that bend had me eying some 1/2 HRS at the hardware store today. I am a bit jealous. Keep tearing it up man, your getting strong!

- Aaron

Thanks acorn and the rest.

White Scorpion, to start off trying a 10 inch piece of 1/2" hot rolled is very ambitious. I started with smaller sizes and worked my way up and started with longer lengths and worked my way down. My first PR with 1/2 inch steel was 24 inches. Then I think 19 then 16 then 12. I didn't video this one but I did get the 11.75 inch bend on video and will be on it's way to Walter once I fill it up with a couple other bends I want to try.

My method was to press down over my thigh and got a very slight kink. I used padding for this one though due to the pressure it took. Then I went between my thighs to finish it. I took probably 20 hits to get it moving though and I was just about to give up. That technique doesn't work well for everybody though.

Tim

Thanks acorn and the rest.

White Scorpion, to start off trying a 10 inch piece of 1/2" hot rolled is very ambitious. I started with smaller sizes and worked my way up and started with longer lengths and worked my way down. My first PR with 1/2 inch steel was 24 inches. Then I think 19 then 16 then 12. I didn't video this one but I did get the 11.75 inch bend on video and will be on it's way to Walter once I fill it up with a couple other bends I want to try.

My method was to press down over my thigh and got a very slight kink. I used padding for this one though due to the pressure it took. Then I went between my thighs to finish it. I took probably 20 hits to get it moving though and I was just about to give up. That technique doesn't work well for everybody though.

Tim

I didn't say it was 1/2 inch thick :tongue

The piece i had laying was 25cm (approx. 10") of M10. I tried bending it over my knee, but i just lift myself up. I will give it a try higher up my thigh and see if that works better.

I'd love to see that video of the 11,75 inch ;)

Tim

Have you tried any square HRS short braced bends if so what and what do you think is possible i would like to try and emulate Alexander Zass short square braced bend.