Strapholds.

divided

So im thinking about implementing strapholds into my training. Using my trainer and an old belt i looped a 5lb plate and held it for a few seconds, obviosuly, not very strong at it yet, I had two questions,

1. Is an old belt ok to use?

2. Why exactly are these more effective than overcrushes? Or are they even? Does the lenght of the belt matter?

Old belt are ok, I like using a thin metal ruler with a hole and some string. Just as long as it is realy thin. You can use different thing fo different widths also. Why exactly are they more effective, don't know really. The best thing to me about a straphold is when you are through exerting maximum force you will know it because the weight falls. Straps with a BTR gripper and a thin strap are very good. IMHO, keep the weight under 12lbs, 3 or less sets of 10 secs, when you hit 3x10 with a weight, up the weight, or up the gripper.

When you get tired of straps go to overcrushes.

I was gonna say something similar to Heath. With an "overcrush", how can you measure how hard you're crushing the gripper? With the straps, is simple, because you have weight, and it falls if you dont crush hard enough, and you can up it pound by pound attaching small objects to the strap or 2.5lb plates, etc.. hell, sometimes I even attached a gripper or two to microload :P