Skin Tears In V-bar Lifting

Mikael Siversson

Tears in the skin in the v-bar often takes place high in the palm just below the middle finger. It results from poor wrist flexibility where the bar rotates around a fixed point (which is usually just below the middle finger) as the hand is forced to open up a bit in the initial pull.

For me it is just below the ring finger. I think skin care is crucial in this event. Avoid callouses or skin iregularities of any kind.

Also, I find that squeezing the bar hard just before the lift (a bit earlier) tends to help in the sense that the hand does not just resist the pressure of the bar, it makes the pressure itself (I hope this is understandable).

I don't have skin tearing of any kind. Only pain i have with max weights is that my skin gets folded, like it is glued to the bar...

I don't have skin tearing of any kind. Only pain i have with max weights is that my skin gets folded, like it is glued to the bar...

Mandatory hand inspection after WR at the Euro. No, superglue is not allowed. :D

Edited by Mikael Siversson

:( Nobody told me this :cry:laugh

Gotta get that WR first :cool

:(  Nobody told me this :cry  :laugh 

Gotta get that WR first :cool

:D

Hey man, i only need 4.7kg to break it, look it up! :cool