Heavy Gripper Dream Pack Or Nightmare?

GatorGrip

Thanks to my mother and father in law I just received a belated Christmas present.

The Heavy Gripper Dream Pack - 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, and the limited edition 400 # 62 and 500 #55.

I am not sure if it is a DREAM or a NIGHTMARE. Let me explain:

I have had the Iron Mind Captains of Crush #1, #2 and #3 for a while now but haven’t worked with them seriously. I bought the KTA program a while back but I haven’t got myself in the right frame of mind yet to really commit to it properly so I won’t until I am ready to give it my all. I seem to be an all or nothing type guy. Do it right (go all the way) or Don’t do it at all (no half-assed jobs)

Anyway I tore into the packages like a kid on Christmas morning and as soon as I had them spread out on the dining table. I begin to grab and squeeze in their pounds of force sequence.

ALL NO-SET CLOSES– I HAVE NEVER USED THE SETTING METHOD YET!

100 – Laughable

150 – About the same

200 – Amazingly easy! In fact my IM #2, which I have come within a dimes width in closing is much, much harder.

250 – Tougher but no real problem grinding the handles

300- ¼ inch gap from handle to handle

400 – About a 1 1/8th” gap from handle to handle

500 – A bit over ¼ inch movement but that damn thing has my little hand stretched out like I was using a wide block weight. It may take me a month or two to grind the handles. HA HA! Yeah Right! The only way I could grind those handles is with my bench grinder, a Dremal tool or a heavy file.

THEN I WENT BACK DOWN THE LADDER TRYING 3 OR 2 FINGER CLOSES

250 - It was tougher but I managed several good 3-finger closes with a metallic click.

200 – Closed with a 2-finger close with a little grinding to boot

150 - Closed with a 2-finger close with little effort at all, if I had of kept grinding I would have had aluminum shavings on the table.

100 – I SHIT YOU NOT! If I am lying I am dying! I shut it metal to metal several times in a row with on my index finger and thumb like the Okay or OK hand signal.

It was just silly but I had to show the wife as if she would appreciate this effort.

She gave said something like “Well yeah! so what is the big deal, you and those gripper things and bending stuff all the time you are such a little kid”

I wanted to slap the taste out of her mouth! but I vowed never to do that since I grew up in a violent home besides I was too ecstatic okay style repping the 100 gripper in my hand.

Anyway thats my story and I'm sticking to it! :D Anyone else care to comment I am all ears, but I have a feeling I'm not the only one with this experience with the HGs

Cool way to go.

What is the wire size of those hg gripper?

So, Gator, are you saying that the Heavys are inferior (based on rating) to Ironmind?

Or are you saying that your grip is suddenly stronger than it once was despite a lack of consistant training?

So, Gator, are you saying that the Heavys are inferior (based on rating) to Ironmind?

Or are you saying that your grip is suddenly stronger than it once was despite a lack of consistant training?

Baldthrower my friend I think that it is a small combination of both in a matter of speaking.

1) I hear that all grippers vary in strength so more some less than their advertized strength.

2) I honesty think I have got a hold of a really strong IM # 2 CoC that is well over the proclaimed 195lb of force required to close it.

3) Now my #3 CoC and the HG 300 seem very comparable in fact I think I have a HG 300 that is probably a bit over it's stamped end.

4) I have really jumped head first in the bending game recently and I think that must have benefited significantly in a short period.

These are combined to make this hypothesis I am a little stronger now and they may be a little weaker than proclaimed. All I wanted was as they say "Tweeners" to help me train gradually to get to that big #3 CoC.

Thanks for the response and have a good night. :)

I was able to get a shot of the 2 finger close on the HG 100lb. Now my Brothers of Steel, it was a damn choir to click the handles and click the camera in unison and in focus. It took me a few tries to get it right but here is the final result. :cool

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=1824

This is proof for my post Heavy Gripper Dream Pack Or Nightmare? today ( 5 FEB 2005) when I received the Heavy Gripper Dream Pack 100, 150, 200,250,300, 400Ltd #62, 500Ltd #55.

I was able to get a shot of the 2 finger close on the HG 100lb. Now my Brothers of Steel, it was a damn choir to click the handles and click the camera in unison and in focus. It took me a few tries to get it right but here is the final result.  :cool

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=1824

This is proof for my post Heavy Gripper Dream Pack Or Nightmare? today ( 5 FEB 2005) when I received the Heavy Gripper Dream Pack 100, 150, 200,250,300, 400Ltd #62, 500Ltd #55.

dam good :yikes

Thanks to my mother and father in law I just received a belated Christmas present.

The Heavy Gripper Dream Pack - 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, and the limited edition 400 # 62 and 500 #55.

I am not sure if it is a DREAM or a NIGHTMARE.  Let me explain:

I have had the Iron Mind Captains of Crush #1, #2 and #3 for a while now but haven’t worked with them seriously. I bought the KTA program a while back but I haven’t got myself in the right frame of mind yet to really commit to it properly so I won’t until I am ready to give it my all. I seem to be an all or nothing type guy. Do it right (go all the way) or Don’t do it at all (no half-assed jobs)

Anyway I tore into the packages like a kid on Christmas morning and as soon as I had them spread out on the dining table. I begin to grab and squeeze in their pounds of force sequence.

ALL NO-SET CLOSES– I HAVE NEVER USED THE SETTING METHOD YET!

100 – Laughable

150 – About the same

200 – Amazingly easy! In fact my IM #2, which I have come within a dimes width in closing is much, much harder.

250 – Tougher but no real problem grinding the handles

300- ¼ inch gap from handle to handle

400 – About a 1 1/8th” gap from handle to handle

500 – A bit over ¼ inch movement but that damn thing has my little hand stretched out like I was using a wide block weight. It may take me a month or two to grind the handles. HA HA! Yeah Right! The only way I could grind those handles is with my bench grinder, a Dremal tool or a heavy file.

THEN I WENT BACK DOWN THE LADDER TRYING 3 OR 2 FINGER CLOSES 

250 - It was tougher but I managed several good 3-finger closes with a metallic click.

200 – Closed with a 2-finger close with a little grinding to boot

150 - Closed with a 2-finger close with little effort at all, if I had of kept grinding I would have had aluminum shavings on the table.

100 – I SHIT YOU NOT! If I am lying I am dying! I shut it metal to metal several times in a row with on my index finger and thumb like the Okay or OK hand signal.

It was just silly but I had to show the wife as if she would appreciate this effort.

She gave said something like “Well yeah! so what is the big deal, you and those gripper things and bending stuff all the time you are such a little kid”

I wanted to slap the taste out of her mouth! but I vowed never to do that since I grew up in a violent home besides I was too ecstatic okay style repping the 100 gripper in my hand.

Anyway thats my story and I'm sticking to it!  :D Anyone else care to comment I am all ears, but I have a feeling I'm not the only one with this experience with the HGs

My HeavyGripper 250 is much stronger than COC 2(Extra hard 2)!!

Zimbo Zimbaza

GatorGrip,

I have the set of Heavygrips, from 100 to 300, and I find the 250 is close to my IM No2 in strength. It is quite a bit narrower though, so I can do it no-set, whereas the No2 I need to set.

The 100 and 150 are too soft to be much use and the 200 is good for warming up, but the 250 is a good workout for me and the 300 is something to aim for, or at least do negatives with.

All-in-all I think they are useful tools, and I've got a number of the girls in the gym repping the 100. It's nice for them to have a gripper they can actually close.

What does this entire 'pack'sell for?

I know these grippers(the heavy grippers) are available at a few sites/companies.... but who sells this entire set up the cheapest?

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

the older style HG grippers are more comparible to the IM grippers - similiar metal for the spring. The new HG grippers have a black spring - that has lowered the strength of the levels.

Thanks

As  i read it thats:$65 for 5 grippers and a t-shirt then $40+$40 (for hg 400 and hg 500)?

Send Mr.Beatty a e-mail,maybe he will give you a deal if you buy all seven grippers!It's worth a shot!

Way to go Gator, seems like you got that gator strength in your hands as well as your mouth. :D

Lyle, is that a real compliment or just good old fashion sarcasm disguised as a one, either way I thought it was funny.

Strength in my mouth ssshhhhh! makes me sound dirty or like I eat steel.

Have a good evening my friend. :)