Sore Hands

Chupacabra

Went from not being able to close #T to 1,5 cm left on #2 in 3 weeks of griptraining , I have noticed a quite severe pain, not in tendons or muscles of my hand but in the bones, when I put pressure on them. :cry

Should this be sorted with rest, or shall I continue gripping?

Toby

It depends, so , do a search on sore hands and you get a lot of answers.

My hands were really hurting me for a couple weeks especially the knuckle area.

I asked the same question here not too long ago.

I really started to pay attention to doing more flexor extensions. hot and cold contrast baths...taking glucosamine and using horse liniment and wearing gloves to bed. It all worked..they still get sore but it is the "good" kind now..not the kind

that feels like an injury.

is the pain in your knuckles...when you are releasing the gripper? thats what i am feeling recently. I may take time off....

No pain in the knuckles here. (However -used to have sore knuckles and sometimes even blue lesions on the knuckles/joints after climbing sessions, and those always went away after a couple of days.)

My soreness is not tendinitis pain. It´s deep in the bones.(or at least feels like it) :blink

But after using the search function I realise my training was a bit to steep...

So I guess I back down a bit on the intensity. :erm

Toby

Grandpa used to say "If it hurts, don't do it."

Grandpa was smart.

Chupa, I'd take a few days off between grip sessions. There are other ways to get in a tremendous number of reps. I prefer gripping every 3-5 days usually. High volume (100+ reps) normally. Sometimes much higher reps, like 400+. Sometimes I switch it up and only try some bigger grippers. But that's not what I like. You might be the same. How many reps are you doing right now, volume-wise? I'm curious if you might be able to condense it 2 or 3 weekly sessions instead of every day, if that's what you're doing currently. Good luck.

ill tell you how it was for me when i first started maybe it will help

my left hand seemed to hurt, the tendons on the top of myhand would hurt when releasing the gripper, so i would release veeeeery slow kinda letting the pain come gradualy. now this pain wasnt THAT bad. so you have to think to yourself how bad your pain is. does it interupt your training? then take some time off.

is it getting worse? take time off. but if its notgetting worse and you can deal with it keep at it. for me as my hands got stronger so did my tendons and now i have no pain.

pdoire: do you really think that the glucosamine helped?

dannyboy: I have had that exact same pain in my left hand for a couple of months now. I took some time off, but it doesn't seem to go away. What do you think that pain is from? Letting the gripper go slowely...that worked for you? how long did it take?

dannyboy:  I have had that exact same pain in my left hand for a couple of months now.  I took some time off, but it doesn't seem to go away.  What do you think that pain is from?  Letting the gripper go slowely...that worked for you?  how long did it take?

well its hard to explain but i found when i let the gripper go fast i got a sharp pain, and when i let it go more slower the pain was more dull. <----make sence? im sure it dosnt.

and as for how long it took? the pain gradualy went away, right now after over a year of using coc i have no pain at all.

im pretty sure it went away as a result of my tendons just getting stronger.

also i train pretty much every day but i only do 1 set. if you do more than one set maybe you should take more time off inbetween workout. maybe

Grandpa used to say "If it hurts, don't do it."

Grandpa was smart.

Clay, tell your Grandpa he's got one strong mofo grandson!!! :bow:D

" How many reps are you doing right now, volume-wise?  I'm curious if you might be able to condense it 2 or 3 weekly sessions instead of every day, if that's what you're doing currently.  Good luck."

Bencrush,

I´m doing lowreps. Mostly overcrushes and negatives. Never more than 10-12 each hand and a lot of rest between each rep. But I´m at it every day. I´m shure I could condense that. But I just cant leave the grippers alone. :tongue I think I have to send them away for a while... :mellow

I think it´s the overcrushes that made my hands sore. (When I "pretend" an overcrush with no gripper in the hand I can definitely feel the pain. Nothing when flexing or extending)

Toby

dannyboy:  I have had that exact same pain in my left hand for a couple of months now.  I took some time off, but it doesn't seem to go away.  What do you think that pain is from?  Letting the gripper go slowely...that worked for you?  how long did it take?

Rekx,

Because I did all of the above at the same time...I cannot pinpoint

one thing that specifically helped...but together they all did...synergy.

I am still relatively new and doing KTA so my hands still hurt routinely

but it is not that deep down pain in the bones any longer...It appears it

takes a while before the body adapts to these new levels of stress. My

pain now is like muscle soreness and I like the feeling.

I have always relied on Flexall 454 for soreness. However if the pain feels like it is coming from a joint instead of a muscle, then more rest is required. Physiologically speaking muscles heal alot easier than joints do.