First Go At 2 Hand Pinching

itch85

Took my 2 hand pinch set-up to the gym today to start 2 hand pinching. Started off with 40kg (88lbs) found that quite easy so went to 42.5kg (93.5lbs) and got it to full deadlift and held for about 5secs, went for 47.5kg (104.5lbs) but couldnt quite break it off the floor. Do i just want to do timed holds for 5 - 10 secs or do i want to do sets of singles?

I agree, do both and once a week.

I would not do timed holds. I would do overcrushes instead. And, I would do multiple singles with overcrushes. And, not just once a week if you are specializing on pinching. :)

until i can get my hands on a thickbar im alternating pinch and crush over 3 days, so one week ill do pinch twice and the other ill do crush twice

Bill do you mean multiple singles with a heavy weight and then follow that with overcrushes? I love the overcrush idea as well.

Austin

Yes.

I never thought of overcrushing while pinching, do you just take a lighter weight and squeeze the thing like your life depended on it?

so i want to lighten the weight up a bit but just grip it as hard as i can

so i want to lighten the weight up a bit but just grip it as hard as i can

Do a search on my posts.

Overcrushing is applying more force than is needed, as much as possible in fact. Kind of difficult to take pics of I would say! :blink

Think of it this way. Pretend you can smash your fingers THROUGH the plates as if you could crush the plates to dust in your hand. That's a plate overcrush.