Blisters

kumikata

Lately, I have been developing blisters on my hands from working the CoC grippers. It's definately something that I can live with but it does cut down on my volume of training. I have tried gloves but I can't seem to get a good grip on the handles with them. Should I tape up the areas that blister? Does anyone have any suggestions? thanks.

here is what i do......i usually just drain the blister with a pin, put something on to sterilize it, then keep going. if it rips, use a little super glue to close the rip, and then cover it with heavy tape. i used to ge them all the time, but i just tried to keep going, since it builds mental toughness and tough tissue. BTW, with the gloves, use them sometimes, because they make the gripper much tougher. that helped me move up to the next gripper

Super glue is my best friend! Your hands should get tougher as you work at it. The first time I picked up my Super Master it ripped the crap out ouf my hand, but after a few more workouts my hands got used to it.

I also got blisters several times. As soon as they are drained and healed the skin is thicker. Give them enough time to heal and your skin will get used to the training, mine have. Takes 4-5 days before it is healed. Don't stay off training long enough to let your hand soften and the problem is more or less solved for ever :yikes

theres a baseball player, cant remember his name. hes pro and he pisses on his hands, no lie. says it tuffens um up. lol i would never try.

theres a baseball player, cant remember his name. hes pro and he pisses on his hands, no lie. says it tuffens um up. lol i would never try.

2 guys in the Major Leagues are known to do this..............

Moises Alou - Chicago Cubs

Jorge Posada - New York Yankees

Neither one uses batting gloves or wash their hands after going to the bathroom :tongue

You can try what Longshoremen do to toughen their hands.

Soak them in high concentrated cookingsalt and water for 10 mins or so,

2-3 times a day

Scullers/Rowers also do this. As well as applying rubbing alcohol to their hands

I use electrical tape on grippers that I'm doing negatives on. I only tape the side that the fingers wrap around.

could someone talk more about the salt thing? sounds interesting? as for the whole piss thing...i have heard it before, but damn....i cant imagine they get many dates to hold their hands :whistel

could someone talk more about the salt thing? sounds interesting? as for the whole piss thing...i have heard it before, but damn....i cant imagine they get many dates to hold their hands 

Mix 1/2 cup of salt to 3 cups of warm water. Soak for 2-3 mins.

let air dry. Repeat everyday

I was mistaken in my post above suggesting 10 mins. Could not quite

remember the time, but found the correct info in my notebook and

reposted it here

as for the whole piss thing...i have heard it before, but damn....i cant imagine they get many dates to hold their hands 

Yeah but they're also millionaires... They can afford to buy the girls that hold their hands an atlas stone sized diamond.

With that much cash, I'm sure it's not their hands the females are holding. ;)

haha good point milkbone.....im sure they will hold anydamn thing those players want....must be nice to be rich :angry:

Moderator Edit: Topic straying off original concept. Closing it down.

Thanks