Microloading pn pinch grips

cantgripcrap

Oly's so I've been using 2 20 pounds which are thinner. Today I wanted to go up in weight so I took a 1/2" thick bolt about 6" long and put a washer on it, slid it threw the 2 paltes, added 5 more pounds and put a washer over that with a nut to hold everything in place. There was still plenty of room for the weights to hang free, in fact the 5 slid down to the end making the gripping even more interesting. I know that it is easier pinching standards vs. Oly's but for now I'm working on improvement and the Oly don't really allow for that right now. And to be honest, I felt I wasn't working my grip as much when I did try using the Oly's, I felt more stress just trying to wrap my hands around the darn things. Any way, just wanted to share anotehr way of safely progressing. Hope everyone has a great workout today.

Fred

Hey gang,

I'm not really sure what the #### happened to my post but some of it got cut off in the beginning so I apologize for the confusing post.

It should have read:

I have trouble using the 2 25 pound Oly's because they are so thick so I've been using the 2 20 pounders etc, etc, etc......

Guest woody36

Fred,

I dont have olympic plates myself,i have to put

a block of wood at either side to make a smooth

surface for gripping.This limits the amount of weight

i can use because its about 4 inches wide and i am

no Sorin...If youre just starting out Fred and youre

using two 20s regardless of there width thats a

decent poundage,  Fred you da man...

much respect.

Woody.