How often?

Paul A Marsland

Being a relative novice to grip training (4 months) I have been training my grip twice a week during my normal workouts I use a variety of exercises such as pinch grip etc. My question is how often can the grip be trained without going over board? I have a #2 COC gripper which I am about 2 mm from closing, I tend to have a go once or twice a day when the mood takes me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul.

Guest kINGPIN

I train grip 2 times a week.  I am not saying that that is good or bad it just seems to work for me.  I could probably train more but so long as the gains keep coming I won't change it.  When the gains start to taper off, which I am sure they will, the I will start playing around with volume, sets, reps etc.

Train hard and you will find out what works best.  Everyone is different.

Paul,

Change your grip routine.  Twice a week; heavy one workout, light the next.  See what that does.  Try some timed holds and some negatives.  You might be stale, and need a change from your current grip rountine.  Hope this helps!  :)