Introduction

Guest Militarus Deus

Guest Militarus Deus

greetings gentlemen (and i imagine some women as well),

just joined your fine board and decied to say hello, and introduce myslef to you of the grip community. i am 19 years old, about 6'4 and 270, i play rugby (tight-head prop for those of you who may know of the sport) and a sophomore at the university of florida. Ive have been griping for about 6 months now and am about 1/16 off from closing the no.3, attributed mostly to my mentor radiulis who has gotten into nail bending as well. anyways, just saying hello and looking forward to posting on this wonderful board you have here.

Cheers

Big Lou

Welcome to the board, Lou.  What is your current training routine, and what are your future grip goals?

Guest Militarus Deus

well at the moment my routine is rather simple, i am on the compulsive side so i cant help picking up the gripers and giving them a go every time i see them, so in essence my grip work out consists of a progressive workout lasting about 4 days at a time, i ussualy begin with the #3 and work my way down, kind of a reverse pyramid, and it seems to have worked well for the moment. also playing a sport like rugby has helped my grip since my position requires tight grippage of my fellow front liners so we stay tight through the scrumaging which is murder on the grip, not to mention neck and shoulders.  thats pretty much it, as for my goals... i really havent set anything specific, it would be nice to close the #4, so i suppose that is my goal,  even more to the point would be to say my goals are to develope my grip to its fullest. btw almost closed the #3 today, less than a penny to go, hopefully friday it will be closed.

cheers

Big Lou

Hey Big Lou, welcome to the board!  Good luck with the #3.  I hope to get some good tips off you on closing the tougher grippers.  Hope you get the help you need off everyone here.