Samuelsson Closes The #4 Gripper

Griparn

yup cjcocn, thats what Im talking about. If you also look down at the series of pics between Bagent and Binnie you see Binnie has lost the hand but still in a good position. Both these men are well behind their arms and not in any kind of danger. This is perfectly safe. Sylvain is one of the best pullers on the planet, and has been for years. The things I have seen him do with dennis Dubreil just blows my mind.

Break arm postion is where your shoulder gets ahead of your arm. In a tournament the ref will stop the match and you will receive a foul. This is part of the reason why the sport of armwrestling gets a bad name. Two drunk guys is a bar who dont know what they are doing injure themselves and then the whole sport gets a bad rep.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• Tom of Iowa2

• Matt Van Weele

• The Mac

The fact that Nathan, who was "unskilled" in arm-wrestling held Magnus as long as he did - that is what peaks volumes about his power IMO.

I seem to recall Nathan won the World Muscle Power champs in 1995 (confirmation please??). He was definitely destined for the final, and who knows where from there??

Gripmaster I will have to disagree with you too.  First all power can mean an aweful lot in armwrestling.  If you know anything about gary goodridge

Too bad he sucks at pride fighting!! :D:D:D:happy:yikes:whistel

Magnus might end up at Pride.

Gripmaster I will have to disagree with you too.  First all power can mean an aweful lot in armwrestling.  If you know anything about gary goodridge

Too bad he sucks at pride fighting!! :D:D:D:happy:yikes:whistel

Well he went out with a bang in his retirement fight with Don Frye.

Guest gripmaster316

Thanks mav for clearing that up (break arm), but I personally still think that when your hand is folded like that it is a pretty bad position to be in. All you have to do is press down on the hand and it can become very painful.

I dont know how to convince you but I have been pulling professionaly for about 4 years and see this all the time. It is a very normal and safe position. Watch any tournament and you will see it alot.

gripmaster

mav is right, it looks a lot worse then it is. I think of it as the wrist acting like a shock absorber and "draining" some the opponent's power. Think of it this way, if there are two guys armwrestling and they are both pros, then they have tremendous tendon and ligament strength, and they can take the strain. If one is a pro and the other an amateur, then the pro will pin him before any real damage occurs (okay, that may be a generality, but those pros are fast!). If on the other hand they are both amateurs, then they're probably in a double hook anyway so their biggest concern should be the unnecessary strain on the tendons in the elbow area.

Check out a few sites for pics of guys who have lost their hand (ie. have been top rolled) and are in a bent wrist position and you will see many instances where their elbows appear to be in a more dangerous position - there tremendous tendon and ligament strength keeps them safe, however.

CJ