• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amaury

• king crusher

• antarath

• Digdogz

I don't have a T I tried a #1.. i was pretty far from parallel with ... my middle finger. With my index finger I moved it 1-2 mm and it felt like the muscle that curls my index finger was going to rip out of my forearm. I couldn't even try a max contraction, I'd hurt myself. A #2... :whacked:whacked what could Kinney pinch 4 45's? :whacked

I can do it with my sporting goods store gripper, but that's weaker than a pony clamp :tongue

I miss on one of my store bought grippers. I remember when I used to think that's what grippers were.

I worked my pinch grip yesterday and my hands are greecy, I'll do it tomarrow. Yeah, right. But thanks for the idea, now I have a Titians Telegraph Key impliment.

• 8 months later...

Just chatted with good ol' David Horne, aka 'The Pinch Monster'.

He tried it.

16 secs righty and 20 secs lefty.

#1 ~ 6mm. :bow

Man, that's tough. :bow

I'd like to see some video of someone doing this. Awesome!

I can do it with my WalMart special if I wrap my fingers under

the index tightly into a semi fist.

A new pony clamp exercise...good thinking Bill!!

I've never done it before, but the german boys Franky and Flo asked me about it in the chat room, so I had a go there and then. I haven't touched a gripper above a #2 since August because of my Armwrestling training and was suprised that I could do it. Anyway, I think it's got more to do with my Pinch gripping which I am still doing in a backhang format. Anyway, my thumbs still feel sore from it now, and I have training in 2 hours!

I think it's a good exercise done for holds.

All for now,

David

i got it to parelle with my #1,and my 1 is harder then avg.

i got my red handle store gripper closed for 20 reps with just my thumb and pointer with my right hand.

9 reps with my left but it kept slipping out.

i think my thumb is pretty strong.

I dont know anything about using a pony clamp, and I am unsure as to how to close this the way wanna was talking about. Maybe someone could explain the way the gripper is positioned and you hands are a little different?

strongman,

hold it like you do scissors, to cut paper.

just your thumb and pointer should be on the gripper handle, the other fingers should be hanging off the bottom.

hope this helps

I could do it with a storebought gripper for a few reps but not with the Trainer. Oddly enough, my left hand was much better at doing this. Probably because it mimics the way my left hand works at setting grippers in the right hand.

I could come close with my store bought gripper, but was at parallel with the trainer. After a bunch of tries though, my thumb really hurt! Since my thumb is a weak point for me right now, I think I'm gonna have to start using some pony clamps!

Is this just basically trying to close a gripper with the index finger and thumb but pointing the spring away from you?

If this is the way you do it I did it with my store bought but I don't have a trainer.

Edited by JustinH

• 1 year later...

Svend Karlsen said there was one feat he still cannot believe was humanly possible.

Norwegian oldtime strongmanlegend Torkel Ravndal squeezed the fronttire of Svend's moped flat with his indexfinger and thumb.

Torkel is the guy in my avatar

Edited by Mats Erik