Tracking changes at CPW

Cannon

One of the most common requests we get is "Can you notify me when __________." Two of the major ones are "when Pre-rated grippers are updated" or "when xyz is back in stock."

We get so many such requests that there is no way we could possibly manage them. Also, there is an entire population of customers who fanatically check the site for changes and we've always felt that kind of diligence should be rewarded. 

But there are other ways. I experimented with the free iOS app WebWatch and it works. The app is extremely simple and easy to use. All you do is enter any URL and the app will notify you when that URL changes. You could, for example, enter the link for Standard Platinum, or the Pre-Rated grippers (make sure there is no variant extension) or Choker grippers. Whatever you want to follow. 

The change could be anything, so you might get slightly over-notified, but maybe that is better than nothing. Make sure background app refresh is ON otherwise the app will not work. If we change the wording of the ad copy it will notify. If we delete sold variants it will notify. If we update variants or quantities it will notify. It does not appear to notify if quantities change because a purchase was made. 

There are many such apps in the "Web Alert" genre and I think Google actually provides this service as well. Maybe through Google Alerts. We found many apps were hard to use or a little too technical, or they required subscription after a short free trial. WebWatch specifically was free, VERY easy to use and no subscription. 

It would actually be cool if we could develop a CPW app for this purpose. You could select products to follow, receive push notifications when they were updated, and link straight through to the store for quick shopping. (Anyone know how to get that accomplished?) 

Happy hunting!  

• Like 10

If anyone set this up, you should have gotten notified by now. We just posted a bunch of pre-rated grippers. 

• Thanks 1

I hadn’t set it up just yet, but I had a slow day at work which meant I was able to check mid-morning. When the page was down, I knew something was coming. Got some real gems!

• Like 2

I don't have an apple phone to do this with but I have been fortunate enough to check often enough previously to have acquired pretty much everything I actually need to have a very full line up so I'm not too worried about that 

• Like 2

You can use web service for check changes on web site  like this visualping.io
Just insert page URL and choose TEXT mode to track any changes.
Free Plan doesn't provide option Frequency - checks will be performed every day once per day.
If changes detected, notification will be sent to your email.
It is convenient way to track web site for free and receive notifications to email.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 11:28 AM, C8Myotome said:

I don't have an apple phone to do this with but I have been fortunate enough to check often enough previously to have acquired pretty much everything I actually need to have a very full line up so I'm not too worried about that 

This is the Google Alert app I mentioned which I think can be downloaded on any PC or Android. 

I know you said you don't need this, but maybe it will help someone else. :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

This is the Google Alert app I mentioned which I think can be downloaded on any PC or Android. 

I know you said you don't need this, but maybe it will help someone else. :)

I use this one, sadly it only allows checks every 15 minutes with the free version. Still better than nothing though!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I will start checking day and night again, tried and true method if you are persistent enough.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Thanks for this Matt!