RGT replica?

EmilBB

I came across this replica/rebrand of RGT with the shop being in europe, so it could be a better option for europeans. 

I'm curious if anyone has compared these two implements because they do seem identical.

RGT VS GGPR.png

• Like 3

Just now, EmilBB said:

I came across this replica/rebrand of RGT with the shop being in europe, so it could be a better option for europeans. 

I'm curious if anyone has compared these two implements because they do seem identical.

RGT VS GGPR.png

I have that golden grip one and it's great I have not tested the RGT though. Golden grip is located in the Netherlands.

I don't think many people outside of the Netherlands own one because the shop hasn't been around for that long.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I have that golden grip one and it's great I have not tested the RGT though.

That's good to know, I hope they're coming back in stock soon.

I have to assume they're the same, I really can't see any difference in the pictures.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, EmilBB said:

I have to assume they're the same, I really can't see any difference in the pictures.

It spins like crazy just like the RGT.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

This is me holding it.

received_2199945430143543.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

This is me holding it.

received_2199945430143543.jpeg

Looks really solid, how long have you had/used it and does it still feel good?

If anyone else is wondering, the Golden Grip version is gonna be in stock the 14th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmilBB said:

Looks really solid, how long have you had/used it and does it still feel good?

If anyone else is wondering, the Golden Grip version is gonna be in stock the 14th.

I have not used it for that long I was forced to quit everything but grippers due to health issues.

Edited by DevilErik

8 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I forgot to mention you also get lifetime warranty.

im assuming the one you own and the one i own are exactly the same.... I don't think you will ever need to use it, these things are built like tanks. 

Hopefully Grip Genie designed it and then let whoever manufactures it sell it in Europe under a different name.  I hope they aren't lying about designing it. They will loose all credibility in my books.

Regardless, its a great handle and this thing makes you work for every additional pound you add to it.

• Like 2

Just now, Blacksmith513 said:

im assuming the one you own and the one i own are exactly the same.... I don't think you will ever need to use it, these things are built like tanks. 

Hopefully Grip Genie designed it and then let whoever manufactures it sell it in Europe under a different name.  I hope they aren't lying about designing it. They will loose all credibility in my books.

Regardless, its a great handle and this thing makes you work for every additional pound you add to it.

The color is slightly different and there is no grip genie logo on it.

The golden grip one is more blueish while the grip genie one is black(ish).

I have no idea whether they have permission from Grip Genie to sell it like this or not.

I am just glad there's a Dutch company that makes grip tools now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

The color is slightly different and there is no grip genie logo on it.

The golden grip one is more blueish while the grip genie one is black(ish).

I have no idea whether they have permission from Grip Genie to sell it like this or not.

I am just glad there's a Dutch company that makes grip tools now.

Definitely, always really great to see new european grip tool companies. The free shipping when buying for over 50€ is really nice too, makes it really affordable.

The customer support is really great too, they even answer late in the evening lol.

• Like 2

Godsofgrip have some great stuff as well they are located in England.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DevilErik said:

Godsofgrip have some great stuff as well they are located in England.

If only they stayed in EU, after Brexit there's also a customs fee when buying stuff from there. 🥲

Edited by EmilBB
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

If only they stayed in EU, after Brexit there's also a customs fee when buying stuff from there. 🥲

Do you always or does it depend on the country? When I buy from  David Horne I don’t pay a customs fee. I almost bought a two of the smaller inch dbs from godsofgrip, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn’t get hit with a huge customs fee and they never answered me.

didn’t think it was a dumb question. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Do you always or does it depend on the country? When I buy from  David Horne I don’t pay a customs fee. I almost bought a two of the smaller inch dbs from godsofgrip, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn’t get hit with a huge customs fee and they never answered me.

It's up to the customs in your country to scan and inspect everything and put import charges on it. I don't know the laws in your country but here it's the individuals responsibility to pay import charges. Even if the customs screws up and make some error you can be charged later if they find out they have made an error. You can get charged several years later. It's not very likely this will happen but it can happen.

It's best to not talk about it on a public forum to be honest. At least not if there's big money involved :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I don't think it's a dumb question either but I think it's up to the buyer to know the customs of their own country. They probably don't know how customs work in your country. But definitely make sure you research it because it can get very expensive, atleast where I'm from.

On 2/1/2023 at 12:46 PM, EmilBB said:

RGT VS GGPR.png

My understanding is this is the "Made in China" issue. That is likely the same overseas manufacturer for both Grip Genie and Golden Grip. If you contacted them, you can probably sell the unit too under your brand. This is the same issue with the factory who makes Heavy Grips. Anyone can tweak them and offer them under their own brand and countless companies have. It's entirely probable that Grip Genie did design the unit, but once it exists there is absolutely nothing keeping the factory from spreading it around at their leisure.  

• Like 2