CONTEST! 137 IronMind #3

Cannon

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Also just found a 203 #4.  The last time there was a 203 was 1/13/21 almost exactly 2 years ago. It's close to being the lowest since then as well, except there was a 202 on 2/24/22. 203 is a low #4! It's pretty narrow at 69 mm.

I wonder how close that was to be my #4 I just bought from you lol. Well thank God it's not mine, I need an average - hard one to practice silver bullet with. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cannon said:

Also just found a 203 #4.  The last time there was a 203 was 1/13/21 almost exactly 2 years ago. It's close to being the lowest since then as well, except there was a 202 on 2/24/22. 203 is a low #4! It's pretty narrow at 69 mm.

Is it going to be for sale? I'm interested..

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I thought of something. A few years ago, I scrubbed our ratings data to see if there were any numbers which have NEVER come up. There was one single number which had never appeared. This is among ALL ratings of NEW gripper for ALL brands we have sold. I tucked that bit of trivia away for a rainy day.  

THE GAME

So that is the door opener. Between the inclusive range of 25 to 220, what is the only number which has never come up in over 12,000 ratings? The answer can be entered at this link to view the riddle. However the answer is not as simple as entering that number or you could easily get through with brute force. You have to take the correct answer and perform a simple mathematical function and enter that new number. Getting through will allow you to view the riddle. Once you can view the riddle there are instructions about how to guess the answer. First correct answer to the riddle wins. I tried to make this DAMN hard.  

THE PRIZE
The winner will receive the rated IronMind #137 for free shipped anywhere in the world. This is the lightest #3 we have ever found. 

THE ONLY RULE
PLEASE read if you're going to participate. I tried to keep it very short. 

• Conspiring to find the answers is allowed! Feel free to discuss and share with your friends. You can share anything you know or have tried, but do not actually post anything in this thread.      

Have fun. I could see this lasting a day or forever. 

SOLVED!

Explanation and answer updated at the contest page:
https://cannonpowerworks.com/pages/contest

• Like 7

I will be spending all night on this, any 137RGC would fill a gap in my collection.

• Like 1

I would love to participate, but I have no idea what you are talking about lol, so I am just going to wait and see who wins.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I would love to participate, but I have no idea what you are talking about lol, so I am just going to wait and see who wins.

Same here, when I was made they where passing out brains and I thought they said trains so I asked for a slow one.

I’m confused 😐 

• Like 1

I already wasted an hour at this and I have a 137 already anyways. I do know a math phd but I doubt they care enough about this to try to figure it out lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cannon said:

People have made it through to the riddle already. :)

I just don't understand the question so there is nothing to try.  Maybe I will hit myself over the head when I hear.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I just don't understand the question so there is nothing to try.  Maybe I will hit myself over the head when I hear.

I assume you have to guess the right rgc and use that for the password to advance? Although I put almost every number I could in and it didn’t work haha 

35 minutes ago, slazbob said:

I assume you have to guess the right rgc and use that for the password to advance? Although I put almost every number I could in and it didn’t work haha 

You will need the correct RGC number but you need to do, as Cannon said, a 'simple mathematical function' on that number in order to get the password. That password is used to access the site. 

1 minute ago, BenMorrissey said:

You will need the correct RGC number but you need to do, as Cannon said, a 'simple mathematical function' on that number in order to get the password. That password is used to access the site. 

yes, thanks Ben.  He did make it hard ! Way too many things to do …my taxes were easier.

damn, Matt it’s not a Tetting 😀

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, slazbob said:

yes, thanks Ben.  He did make it hard ! Way too many things to do …my taxes were easier.

damn, Matt it’s not a Tetting 😀

If you think that's the hard part then you don't wanna see the actual riddle. Pretty safe to say no one will ever figure it out

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

If you think that's the hard part then you don't wanna see the actual riddle. Pretty safe to say no one will ever figure it out

The riddle id be happy to attempt. 

^ what i said above was also not an invitation to ask me if I would make a deal to say tell them the code or say how I figured it out (multiple people in my inbox) sigh. Weren't we not supposed to even discuss anything about this..anyways

20230129_001627.jpg

• Like 2

one day we will get this

man-sweating.jpg

Edited by Kevin Gripz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, C8Myotome said:

^ what i said above was also not an invitation to ask me if I would make a deal to say tell them the code or say how I figured it out (multiple people in my inbox) sigh. Weren't we not supposed to even discuss anything about this..anyways

20230129_001627.jpg

• Conspiring to find the answers is allowed! Feel free to discuss and share with your friends. You can share anything you know or have tried, but do not actually post anything in this thread.      

Have fun. I could see this lasting a day or forever. 

he did say we could discuss it in private but I understand that it would be annoying getting your DMs blown up

• Like 2

I know the password and the gripper rating. I have a guess for the riddle but probably not correct because it would've been too easy then 🙂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, matek said:

I know the password and the gripper rating. I have a guess for the riddle but probably not correct because it would've been too easy then 🙂

how long did it take you?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kevin Gripz said:

how long did it take you?

Not long, but I didn't brute force it. 

But as I said, my riddle solution is probably wrong...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

20230129_001627.jpg

No, we are allowed to share info just not in public. 

• Like 1

When this contest is actually over I can explain in detail how I got through the first part (could be years from now or never) publicly but until then I would like a fair shot at completing the 2nd part as anybody. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1