Questions Regarding Plates Used For Pinch

RunningRiot4Fun

Hello GB!

I'm interested in attempting the 2x45 plate pinch and I was wondering what thickness the plates should be. I currently have cheap Chinese deep dish plates and they measure 3.5" in a pair. I see that York has legacy plates that measure 1.5" bringing the total for 2 plates to 3". 

I also own a flask which is supposed to mimic 2 plates, but the flask is only 2.25". This is where the confusion comes. I cannot seem to find 2 plates that equal 2.25".

Please let me know what size plates I should order. I tried looking online and couldn't find a clear answer.

Thanks!

Edited by RunningRiot4Fun

Most cheap generic iron plates are 1" to 1.5" thick. Deep dish plates are the exception, and of course are going to be much thicker and harder. Best way to find thinner plates is to buy them in person. Used better than new. Check out used sporting good stores or online classifieds like Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist.

• Like 1

Deep dish are certainly harder - but most others are simply a matter of training with what you have.  More important is having them "clean" of any grease from your hands etc. - after that it's just a matter of strength at that width - which will develop over time.

• Like 1