2022 Napalm Nightmare World Championship

Jedd Johnson

I'm planning to run a virtual mega-comp on 12/10/22 that will involve the 2&3/8" NN, 2" NN, 3x4 NN Pinch, and 2x5 NN Pinch

I've sent out emails to all the regular promoters I could think of. If I missed you, email me, and I'll forward it on to you (jedd.diesel@gmail.com).

Naturally, the more the merrier, and I plan to have official rules posted later this week. It's almost complete already. Just trying toc over all the bases.

Entry form and rules document can be found here:  http://www.dieselcrew.com/articles-pdf/2022NNWC.pdf

Thanks.

• Like 10

Maybe i'll compete.... 

My highest number might only be some of your guys warm ups but thats ok. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Maybe i'll compete.... 

The only person you're competing against, is yourself, brotherrrr!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

yup and i'm gonna kick that guys A$$

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Maybe i'll compete.... 

If you're thinking about competing, do it! 

You'll get to see how a comp is ran and the post comp feats are super fun. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

If that was true, i should run my own comp against myself. Then id be world champ every single time 🤣

Edited by BottledCitrus
  • Haha 6

Confirmed Promoters

Jedd Johnson, Wyalusing PA

Josh Culpepper, Troy IL

Nick Sanders, Bowling Green, KY

Bryan Hunsaker

Michael Wilfong, Pullman, WA

Thomas Larsen

Arto Joronen (maybe)

Zach Mullins

Bruno Gonzales Andres, Chile

Will Guiliani, Los Angeles, CA

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 1:03 PM, Jedd Johnson said:

I'm planning to run a virtual mega-comp on 12/10/22 that will involve the 2&3/8" NN, 2" NN, 3x4 NN Pinch, and 2x5 NN Pinch

I've sent out emails to all the regular promoters I could think of. If I missed you, email me, and I'll forward it on to you (jedd.diesel@gmail.com).

Naturally, the more the merrier, and I plan to have official rules posted later this week. It's almost complete already. Just trying toc over all the bases.

Thanks.

Are you hosting at your gym as well, or just encouraging virtual participation?  If you have it there I think I would attend, because I couldn't make it today and I can't make Gripmas.

Just now, Vinnie said:

Are you hosting at your gym as well, or just encouraging virtual participation?  If you have it there I think I would attend, because I couldn't make it today and I can't make Gripmas.

From your promoters list it looks like there are "venues," so I am gonna book a room for that weekend and plan to attend yours.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm holding it here, and then venues will send me their results as well, like World Wide Grip Battle

• Like 2

Completed.  Any prize for registering first?  LOL.  Looking forward to it.

Entry form and rules document can be found here:  http://www.dieselcrew.com/articles-pdf/2022NNWC.pdf

I emailed you a question but I will post it here because it may help others to estimate their opening weights, as the form requests:  For those of us who have done Saxon bar pinch lifts but not Napalm's Nightmare pinch lifts, have you noticed how they correlate?  I know you don't need an exact opener now for the registration form anyway, but it made me wonder what to put.  I've never tried the NN pinch implements.  I just guessed based on what I get on Euro, IM Blockbuster, flask, and various Saxon bars.

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I emailed you a question but I will post it here because it may help others to estimate their opening weights, as the form requests:  For those of us who have done Saxon bar pinch lifts but not Napalm's Nightmare pinch lifts, have you noticed how they correlate?  I know you don't need an exact opener now for the registration form anyway, but it made me wonder what to put.  I've never tried the NN pinch implements.  I just guessed based on what I get on Euro, IM Blockbuster, flask, and various Saxon bars.

Vinnie we lifted on NN 2" pinch blocks at last year's gripmas

• Like 1

4 hours ago, liftyzig said:

Vinnie we lifted on NN 2" pinch blocks at last year's gripmas

We did?

I have no recollection.  I will go look at the top100 lists then.

1 minute ago, Vinnie said:

We did?

I have no recollection.  I will go look at the top100 lists then.

Wow.  I am looking at what I lifted and I'm like, whoa, I should remember that.  But I still don't remember.  I will revise my starting weight up though.  Thanks.  I never tried the 3-inch though, so my uncertainty stands on that one.

• Like 1

I'm in, glad this is happening since I also can't make gripmas and couldn't do king kong this year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Climber028 said:

I'm in, glad this is happening since I also can't make gripmas and couldn't do king kong this year. 

will be good to see you again, Mike!

• Like 1

I have none of those pieces of equipment. I feel like signing up would be a death wish. 

Edit: Upon looking at the numbers, I can confirm that I would get destroyed and that having a DNR was probably for the best. Ill sit this one out. 

Edited by BottledCitrus
  • Haha 1

On 11/4/2022 at 10:00 PM, BottledCitrus said:

I have none of those pieces of equipment. I feel like signing up would be a death wish. 

Edit: Upon looking at the numbers, I can confirm that I would get destroyed and that having a DNR was probably for the best. Ill sit this one out. 

If there's an implement you should buy, it's Napalm's Nightmare.  Best thick bar implement on the market and it's now a complete system.

Also, if you're interested in one day competing, the best competition to go to is the next one coming up, which for you, could be this one, or Gripmas, the week before.  Experience is key.  @ClassyName competed at King Kong for his first comp a couple weekends back and was virtually clueless, but he did just fine and got some good learning experience.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 11/4/2022 at 10:00 PM, BottledCitrus said:

Yes, the NN is a great piece of equipment... Works different aspects of grip w/ different handles the whole body... I'm sure you can do swings with them and hook it up to something and do pull ups.

If there's an implement you should buy, it's Napalm's Nightmare.  Best thick bar implement on the market and it's now a complete system.

Also, if you're interested in one day competing, the best competition to go to is the next one coming up, which for you, could be this one, or Gripmas, the week before.  Experience is key.  @ClassyName competed at King Kong for his first comp a couple weekends back and was virtually clueless, but he did just fine and got some good learning experience.

"Virtually" clueless - you're too kind. I was totally clueless. ("THAT'S why people use chalk!") Invaluable experience. Had I not gone, I would have continued to train improperly.

Key takeaway: Just because it *feels* like your training your grip - it doesn't mean you are.

More important takeaway: Listen to Jedd.

Wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything. Can't wait for the next!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

So you recommend the NN even if I dont compete? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BottledCitrus said:

Only if you want to get extremely strong in the body AND the hands, training both at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BottledCitrus said:

Seriously, it’s a great piece to have. Go to Arm Assassin and order the NN and order as many handles as you can afforded.

• Like 1