Calling all Inch lifters - informal survey

Vinnie

When you first lifted the Inch, what were your numbers at that same point in time on other lifts employing similar strength?  Crusher, Rolling Thunder, Napalm NIghtmare, etc.?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Vinnie said:

When you first lifted the Inch, what were your numbers at that same point in time on other lifts employing similar strength?  Crusher, Rolling Thunder, Napalm NIghtmare, etc.?

When I lifted the Inch replica DB 80 KG- 176.8 lbs!! (Full lift not lockout) my numbers were 103 LB Original Wrist Wrench and 175 LB with Blue Fat Gripz dumbbell. Numbers vary for so many due to hand size and BWT.
Vinnie, you will lift the Inch DB if you devoted the time 💪💯

Bittersweet moment last May’2021 as 2 days later I would find out I had stage 2 Melanoma. Very proud of that lift for numerous reasons but to get off the mat(emotionally) the following 16 months makes my family and I even prouder. BTW, hand gap is 1 3/4” 💪

B740D3D0-0988-48BC-83F0-FC0A4476871C.thumb.png.ce185ae7a01caca40fd70660baf678cc.png

Edited by Kluv#0
Reflection on bittersweet memory
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

When I lifted the Inch replica DB 80 KG- 176.8 lbs!! (Full lift not lockout) my numbers were 103 LB Original Wrist Wrench and 175 LB with Blue Fat Gripz dumbbell. Numbers vary for so many due to hand size and BWT.
Vinnie, you will lift the Inch DB if you devoted the time 💪💯

Bittersweet moment last May’2021 as 2 days later I would find out I had stage 2 Melanoma. Very proud of that lift for numerous reasons but to get off the mat(emotionally) the following 16 months makes my family and I even prouder. BTW, hand gap is 1 3/4” 💪

B740D3D0-0988-48BC-83F0-FC0A4476871C.thumb.png.ce185ae7a01caca40fd70660baf678cc.png

That’s an amazing story. Was not aware you had melanoma. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

That’s an amazing story. Was not aware you had melanoma. 

In grip world I had only divulged that to 2 of my closest. They both asked why in the world would I cancel Kong ‘21 when Finnish  Ball was being contested( I was former WR holder) I then spoke about situation and understanding was quick.

Not fun after sentinel node biopsy and other areas of massive cuts but family and oddly enough -grippers -helped me immensely . Grippers gave me a chance to get back to a certain level of confidence and obviously low impact. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

In grip world I had only divulged that to 2 of my closest. They both asked why in the world would I cancel Kong ‘21 when Finnish  Ball was being contested( I was former WR holder) I then spoke about situation and understanding was quick.

Not fun after sentinel node biopsy and other areas of massive cuts but family and oddly enough -grippers -helped me immensely . Grippers gave me a chance to get back to a certain level of confidence and obviously low impact. 

I had a scare myself  recently.. I randomly developed a growth on my head, and at the time ears where ringing really bad (I have some tinnitus but this was extreme) Between those two I thought for sure I had a tumor... I went to the doctors and they told me it was a cyst but to see a dermatologist... I'm glad i went last week, its not a cyst but a lipoma... a non cancerous tumor... Got that sucker taken right out, but I keep hitting it at work and making it swell because I think they took some of my brain out too last week too.

I'm glad everything went ok for you. 

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Vinnie said:

So the first time I saw an inch was at Paul & Eric’s Metroflex mayhem 3 in Jan 2011- in the medley I lifted one of the Metroflex ones but missed the double lift. I took 3rd that day with a 158/160 gripper / 214 pinch / 386 axle and I think 3rd for medley? The first time I lifted the proper inch replica was that June of 2011 at Chris Rice house for US Nationals - I took 2nd that year and the events were a big spread I can’t remember the exact events - at that time of year my RT was 210-215 ish DOHA was 393-396 and euro was 220 ish. In Sept that year I bought a pair of them from Jason Adamski and once having daily access my lifts took off. In 2012 my axle was consistent 425-430/ RT 220/ Euro 245-250 ish. 
of all the equipment I’ve ever used nothing is even close in value to the Thomas inch- including bells under 78 kg or over. For a single tool to do so much it’s just absolutely stellar. Every year of things I accomplished the underlying foundation has been thousands of lifts on the bells. 
We have so many lifters here who can do it and who have shown up for contests I can share a few more folks who may interest you Vinnie- Tanner lifted my Adamski bell which was 172 weighing 171 and than since he has lifted my 200 lb inch at 196 lb, he has lifted my 213 lb green bell weighing 210 and lifted the 228 Holle bell weighing 224 lb. He has always been at 240+ on RT since I have lifted with him and went from an axle of 393 to 465. On crusher lifts he is pound for pound the best I’ve seen ever. 
Matt Brouse was good on the inch with RT 210-215 and 393-417 on axle

Riccardo Magni lifted Tanners inch with a 215 RT and 380 axle 

Tommy JR has lifted his Sorinex bell, my fbbc bell and tanners bell with an RT at 200-205 and axle 355-360. 
Eric Milfeld has lifted Tanners slater bell with RT 185-190 axle 355-360.

Issac Newton lifted my fbbc inch & Tanners Slator when he was at 195 rt and 373 axle - he btw has the best collection of inch bells in the country he owns like every size available in pairs. 

David Troutt lifted my inch first try with RT 225 and axle 435

Stephen Anderson has lifted the fbbc bell I own and Tanners slater bell with RT 195 axle 350

DJ Dogget lifted my fbbc inch first try with rt 250 and axle 480 than went one to lift my 200 recently here at the shop <- in a contest this match absolutely marvelous fatbar strength on this one. 
Clay Edgin has lifted my fbbc bells 80&90 kg he is consistently 225-231 RT and axle 425

Lance Lewis lifted TJs Sorinex bell and my fbbc bell first try with a 225 RT- I haven’t seen him axle yet but he will easily be 440-450 first try. 
two arm wrestlers I have seen lift the inch was Adam Irrgang who can do it thumbless but not overhand he owns one of my old Adamski bells and the big man from Oklahoma Matt Satori did it with absolute confidence. 

take a ways — lifters who can easily pull 550+ tend to do well with the inch. Lifters who can get 195-200 on RT tend to lift it. In situations where they can lift it but can’t do the RT it’s usually large hands plus a good wrist. Smaller handed men will need much more thumb to stop the turn but let us all remember Yves lifting the bell at a body weight around 150 so nothing can be counted out. Lifters with elbow tendinitis problems will likely miss their lift but could get it if they were more healed. Most of these men listed above can also easily hub 45/lift a blob/pinch 45s so all have above thumb power regardless of how much or little they have tried those things. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, AdamTGlass said:

Issac Newton lifted my fbbc inch & Tanners Slator when he was at 195 rt and 373 axle - he btw has the best collection of inch bells in the country he owns like every size available in pairs. 

Now imagine what PRs could’ve Albert Einstein get, just amazing 😉

Probably the best Inch advertising campaign ever, Adam!

I need one asap.

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

Now imagine what PRs could’ve Albert Einstein get, just amazing 😉

Probably the best Inch advertising campaign ever, Adam!

I need one asap.

Anar, You got the hands no doubt! Albert might not the RT🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AdamTGlass said:

So the first time I saw an inch was at Paul & Eric’s Metroflex mayhem 3 in Jan 2011- in the medley I lifted one of the Metroflex ones but missed the double lift. I took 3rd that day with a 158/160 gripper / 214 pinch / 386 axle and I think 3rd for medley? The first time I lifted the proper inch replica was that June of 2011 at Chris Rice house for US Nationals - I took 2nd that year and the events were a big spread I can’t remember the exact events - at that time of year my RT was 210-215 ish DOHA was 393-396 and euro was 220 ish. In Sept that year I bought a pair of them from Jason Adamski and once having daily access my lifts took off. In 2012 my axle was consistent 425-430/ RT 220/ Euro 245-250 ish. 
of all the equipment I’ve ever used nothing is even close in value to the Thomas inch- including bells under 78 kg or over. For a single tool to do so much it’s just absolutely stellar. Every year of things I accomplished the underlying foundation has been thousands of lifts on the bells. 
We have so many lifters here who can do it and who have shown up for contests I can share a few more folks who may interest you Vinnie- Tanner lifted my Adamski bell which was 172 weighing 171 and than since he has lifted my 200 lb inch at 196 lb, he has lifted my 213 lb green bell weighing 210 and lifted the 228 Holle bell weighing 224 lb. He has always been at 240+ on RT since I have lifted with him and went from an axle of 393 to 465. On crusher lifts he is pound for pound the best I’ve seen ever. 

Tommy JR has lifted his Sorinex bell, my fbbc bell and tanners bell with an RT at 200-205 and axle 355-360. 

Stephen Anderson has lifted the fbbc bell I own and Tanners slater bell with RT 195 axle 350

DJ Dogget lifted my fbbc inch first try with rt 250 and axle 480 than went one to lift my 200 recently here at the shop <- in a contest this match absolutely marvelous fatbar strength on this one. 
Clay Edgin has lifted my fbbc bells 80&90 kg he is consistently 225-231 RT and axle 425

Lance Lewis lifted TJs Sorinex bell and my fbbc bell first try with a 225 RT- I haven’t seen him axle yet but he will easily be 440-450 first try. 
two arm wrestlers I have seen lift the inch was Adam Irrgang who can do it thumbless but not overhand he owns one of my old Adamski bells and the big man from Oklahoma Matt Satori did it with absolute confidence. 

take a ways — lifters who can easily pull 550+ tend to do well with the inch. Lifters who can get 195-200 on RT tend to lift it. In situations where they can lift it but can’t do the RT it’s usually large hands plus a good wrist. Smaller handed men will need much more thumb to stop the turn but let us all remember Yves lifting the bell at a body weight around 150 so nothing can be counted out. Lifters with elbow tendinitis problems will likely miss their lift but could get it if they were more healed. Most of these men listed above can also easily hub 45/lift a blob/pinch 45s so all have above thumb power regardless of how much or little they have tried those things. 

Wow! Now that’s an answer!

For me, I can’t remember exactly but I’m pretty sure I was lifting a little over 200 on the RT when I lifted the Inch for the first time in 2010. I wasn’t even deadlifting at the time so my axle numbers would have been low because of a lack of back strength. But my hands could have handled over 400.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Great reply, but I would have expected no less from the InchMaster.  Obviously a lot of those people pulling 225-250 RT are not just BARELY lifting the inch, but you suggested 195-200 RT is about where a single rep Inch lift might be comparable and that is kind of what I am trying to find out.  My PR on RT is 177 and right now it'd be a little less, so there is definitely work to be done, but maybe not out of the realm of possibility.

• Like 5

On 10/7/2022 at 2:48 PM, Vinnie said:

I can't remember but nothing is the same as lifting a globe dumbbell. If you have a gym near you that has solid dumbbells putting a fat gripz on the handle and training that way would be the way to go and pretty much the only thing that will tell you how far away you are (other than lighter inch dumbbells).

• Like 5