coc number 2

strix

Hey guys, i've been training with the captains of crush grippers for 3 months. I'm now able to close the number 2 gripper for 10 reps, do you guys think that's enough to move to the next gripper (number 2.5)?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, strix said:

Hey guys, i've been training with the captains of crush grippers for 3 months. I'm now able to close the number 2 gripper for 10 reps, do you guys think that's enough to move to the next gripper (number 2.5)?

Yes, I think you'll be able to. 

If grippers are your thing I'd suggest getting some rated ones from @Cannon

If you're not sure you could get a GHP 5 or Standard Platinum. They both rate in-between the CoC #2 and 2.5.

here's a ratings chart from Cannons website

Screenshot_20220617-151701.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, strix said:

If you can do 5x5 with a normal amount of rest between each set, like 3-5 minutes. Then you can move up to the next .5 gripper. Using the same setting that you use for every rep on the 5x5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And I agree with stranger, buy rated gripper if you're serious about your training.

It's impossible to say if you will be able to move up or not. If you're doing 10 reps with a light #2 and that is your max. It's not likely you will close a hard #2.5. 

If your #2 is a hard one you will definitely close an easy #2.5 etc. It all depends on how hard they actually are. Then it also depends on your endurance. you can get good at reps without moving up much on your max close. This becomes more important the higher up you go. Depends on how you train, if you train for max closes you will get good at that, if you train for many reps you will get good at that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there anywhere i can buy pre-rated grippers in Europe? If i buy from cannons website the shipping is 32-99$.

Edited by strix

I normally try to get 4 or 5 grippers at a time to the UK not too bad for shipping when you think of the distance plus just falls below customs taking an interest in them.

I'm sure I read either armlifting Greece or Italy can rate grippers also Gods of Grip in the UK maybe more.

But as cannons has such a vast number already rated it does make life easier than buying and sending hoping you get the rgc you require.

The cheapest none rated CoC in the UK is $32 plus post.,

Edited by Busa
added to post
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, strix said:

Is there anywhere i can buy pre-rated grippers in Europe? If i buy from cannons website the shipping is 32-99$.

Gods of Grip in UK do rating however if you're not in the UK you have to pay tax for it since they are no longer in the EU.

I would try grip and bend Italy. Ask him if he can rate grippers for you. If it's possible you could buy from a store and have them sent directly there first. But it depends on shipping costs. It might just be cheaper just to order from CPW. 

I would guess, probably not tho, cheapest is probably to have someone rate them for you who is located in the EU.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, strix said:

The higher prices are service based, not really location. Like some countries do not have the USPS option because it is totally unreliable. UPS and DHL rates are simply higher and we only really mark them up enough to pay for packaging. Otherwise, you can always elect the cheapest option. 

One gripper can go first class which is <$30 to most countries. Did you have anything else in your cart?

People from far flung countries like Australia definitely get shafted by the shipping costs, A single rated gripper can cost $200 from australia

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If I was in Europe or Australia or whatever I'd just make my own rating rig and buy a crane scale. Might be expensive at first, but rate two grippers and you already saved money then you can even start a side hustle and rate grippers for other people in your same country. 

• Like 2

its not to hard to make a rig 9545F6FA-B4FF-4C4F-BA5A-D4DE09B1B815.thumb.jpeg.c44ba7885b8a321c323221d5ad0b15dd.jpeg

• Like 4