Coin Bending

hellswindstaff

Can anyone on the board do this? How do you train for such a feat? Stanless Steel does it at 2:08

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

What a insane feat.

3 hours ago, stranger said:

What a insane feat.

I believe we need the plural for this.  Wow.

• Like 1

Stan was born in May, 1958. He identified himself in that video as being 39 years old. That means those feats were done in 1996 or 1997. Just a little ahead of his time👍

Slim Farman, who knew Stan since Stanley was a young kid, once told me that Stanley had “stupid strength”. It was not meant as an insult; it was meant to articulate that unlike other performing strongmen, Stan did not rely much on technique compared to others, it was mostly sheer will.

In 2009, I asked Stan what feat he was most proud of, and he said it was penny bending.

Thanks for posting that video. I had not seen that one before.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hubgeezer said:

Stan was born in May, 1958. He identified himself in that video as being 39 years old. That means those feats were done in 1996 or 1997. Just a little ahead of his time👍

Slim Farman, who knew Stan since Stanley was a young kid, once told me that Stanley had “stupid strength”. It was not meant as an insult; it was meant to articulate that unlike other performing strongmen, Stan did not rely much on technique compared to others, it was mostly sheer will.

In 2009, I asked Stan what feat he was most proud of, and he said it was penny bending.

Thanks for posting that video. I had not seen that one before.

I met Greg Matonick around 2006-2007. (I was 17-18 at the time)  A few of use were at his home in New Jersey doing some bending and tearing. He told us about Stan and how he's probably the best there is at these type of strongman feats. He said something along the lines of "He's bending bars no one car even come close too. If he just made them a little longer he'd complete the bends and still be in a league of his own. But that's not who Stan is, he wants to go for broke". 

Side note, Greg also bend a dime into an 'S' with his teeth for us. Absolutely incredible!  

• Like 2

f**king killer

• Like 2

I remember an old article in a magazine (I think TIME) that was about a guy that could bend a quarter with his thumbs. Mentally disable guy with HUGE hands/thumbs. Of course it could have been fake, but it always stuck out to me as an impossible feat.

5 hours ago, stranger said:

Side note, Greg also bend a dime into an 'S' with his teeth for us. Absolutely incredible!  

Who is Greg? Greg please share your knowledge and wisdom!

Edited by hellswindstaff
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, hellswindstaff said:

Wait, maybe it was a quarter. Here's a video of him bending a horseshoe in his mouth and 's'ing a quarter. Truly amazing. Unfortunately he passed away a few years back .

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stranger said:

Somebody call the doctor, because that feat was sick!

How does one even train their teeth? I tried jaw lifting when I first started but was much too scared that I would end up with dentures rather than an iron jaw.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The original question remains... can anyone bend coins with their hands?!?! Better yet, does anyone know how to contact Stanless Steel? Maybe he'll allow himself to be prodded by questions from us.

1 hour ago, hellswindstaff said:

Somebody call the doctor, because that feat was sick!

How does one even train their teeth? I tried jaw lifting when I first started but was much too scared that I would end up with dentures rather than an iron jaw.

good question. There are three things you’ll never see me do. Pull an airplane with my prick, bite steel with my teeth and pull air planes. with my hair. Especially the last one because I’m bald. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/17/2022 at 9:35 AM, hellswindstaff said:

Greg died over 5 years ago. His obituary spoke extensively of his strength feats.

• Like 1

Greg was very impressive... Stan, off the scale, his Muscle&Fitness article had some huge feats.

Chris Rider, and Bobby Wilson have done (not bare handed) impressive bends of pennies. I recently put a decent bend in one, next video (YT) will show start to finish, hopefully with a legit 'taco'.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2022 at 1:41 AM, MilGrip said:

Greg was very impressive... Stan, off the scale, his Muscle&Fitness article had some huge feats.

Chris Rider, and Bobby Wilson have done (not bare handed) impressive bends of pennies. I recently put a decent bend in one, next video (YT) will show start to finish, hopefully with a legit 'taco'.

I totally missed this when you posted it... but how did you train to bend coins?

9 hours ago, hellswindstaff said:

I totally missed this when you posted it... but how did you train to bend coins?

Have done various specialized pinching, and finger strength feats over the years. See my YouTube channel for more. Work and death in the family have delayed me posting a full video of another bend.

• 5 months later...

Thats awesome.

I admire people can do this..  But its not for me.. And really, my dentist would murder me if I chipped a tooth doing this.  

• Like 2

yes this would be cool. they say John Wayne could bent a silver dollar with his bare hands

Edited by John Knowlton
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

yes this would be cool. they say John Wayne could bent a silver dollar with his bare hands

He also kicked the crap out of that guy in the Quiet Man.

Yes sir, he was a true American

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 12:16 PM, hellswindstaff said:

The original question remains... can anyone bend coins with their hands?!?! Better yet, does anyone know how to contact Stanless Steel? Maybe he'll allow himself to be prodded by questions from us.

Robert Nejedly (weighing 117 lb) has bent pennys here at my house using only a 2” x 2” leather pad. Scott St Vincent can do them barehanded with no padding he’s a retired fire fighter who lives in Michigan. They both have said they don’t think modern dimes or quarters can be done due to the strength of the material. It looks like an extremely painful bend and probably warps the thumb joints over time in one of those less than awesome ways. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Robert Nejedly (weighing 117 lb) has bent pennys here at my house using only a 2” x 2” leather pad. Scott St Vincent can do them barehanded with no padding he’s a retired fire fighter who lives in Michigan. They both have said they don’t think modern dimes or quarters can be done due to the strength of the material. It looks like an extremely painful bend and probably warps the thumb joints over time in one of those less than awesome ways. 

Wow!!! Any more info on the Scott St. Vincent guy??

23 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Yeah I would definitely be interested to hear more from these men. If they say that don't think that modern dimes or quarters can be bent by the human hand then the question that comes to mind is "What kind of coins were they bending?"

Edited by hellswindstaff