2022 United States Championship Talk

Jedd Johnson

I'm interested in running the US Grip Championship this year. Is anyone else interested in running it?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

I'm interested in running the US Championship this year. Is anyone else interested?

I'm actually interested in YOU running it as well lol.  I like travelling to your comps and just missed the last one.  So you have two votes already ...

Edited by Vinnie
  • Like 1

If you host it, I’ll be there

• Like 1

i'd love to go and watch and learn...so  I can compete in a couple years.

2 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

i'd love to go and watch and learn...so  I can compete in a couple years.

Not sure what the credentials are (as in, does it require prequal, like the NAGS championship?).  You may be able to compete this year, if it is open or if you can vid a few feats.

Nationals competitors will definitely need to be qualified as per the qualifications list post.

So far I have been contacted by two people, Nick Sanders (KY) and Dan Cenidoza (MD) about running Nationals. I've asked them to send me their planned events and we will vote for who hosts Nationals in the next week or so.

Thanks

• Like 3

Anyone else interested in throwing their name in the hat for running Nationals?

Last call for people interested in running "Nationals" aka US Grip Championships. Please email me by Friday. jedd.diesel@gmail.com

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Everybody who is qualified for Nationals, that I have contact info for, has been contacted regarding the vote to see who gets to run Nationals.  There are a handful of individuals I don't have info for. If anyone knows them they can get in contact with me at jedd.diesel@gmail.com.

Keagan Richards

Brandon Wilson

Wayne Taylor

Jeremiah White

Tim Aanensen

Also looking for Alan Vern, who ran Merry Gripmas this past season.

I also want to make sure all the women who are interested in competing get the chance to vote.

So far, only a small number, 2 or 3, have responded to my request for contact information, but I know there are more active women competitors out there.

I have a few more women to contact that competed in World Wide Grip Battle, but other than those few, no women have responded through the email newsletter, social media posts, etc, that I have put out.

Please, if you know of any lady grip lifters that might want to compete at Nationals, have them get a hold of me.

Thank you to everyone who took part in the vote for the Nationals location.

We had 50 lifters vote.  Here's a breakdown:

Jedd: 52%, 26 votes

Nick: 32%, 16 votes

James: 16%, 8 votes.

I think no matter who won, Nationals was going to be an awesome contest with well-rounded events.

Now, my goal is to make this event the biggest US Grip Championship ever.

It will be held in a "festival" style venue, as part of at the very least an Arm Wrestling tournament, and possibly a Strict Curl, and by the time we get to it, there could be even more. So get ready to have a great time in an awesome environment of strength.

I'm also planning my event to be 2 days - with the normal type of National Championship contest on Day 1, and then on Day 2 the plan is to hold the first qualifier for the new grip season, as well as a Championship for Arm Wrestlers, Military/Police/First Responders, which includes women's divisions for both. Day 2 will most likely involve the Crane Scale to be able to put as many people through it as possible.

More info to come.  Thanks again!

Jedd

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Already have had a few people reach out to me about getting qualified.  Be ready to blow doors down at Nationals!

• Like 2