Some of our attempts for the NFA/WPSA online grip contest

Terry Conjugate Iron

Officially my first time training grip with other people, enjoy the session! 

• Like 6

Shame these attempts didn't count cause I hit a big PR on the Rolling Thunder at 82kg. 10kg up in 6 weeks or so. So I registered a 72kg in the end. Oh well. We had to be wearing a singlet and I wasn't aware. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Officially my first time training grip with other people, enjoy the session! 

Awesome dude!

Merry Christmas!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DevilErik said:

Awesome dude!

Merry Christmas!

Hey thanks man! I'm at work loool. Hey gotta make some extra cash for the bills right? (it's for grippers 😶😐

Merry Gripmas to you too! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Hey thanks man! I'm at work loool. Hey gotta make some extra cash for the bills right? (it's for grippers 😶😐

Merry Gripmas to you too! 

Thank you!

Hahaha I got 5 new grippers today I nearly closed the hardest one without setting it.

I also tried deep setting them but my no set is stronger lol.

https://www.goudengrip.nl/en/collections/grip-training/products/handknijpers-premium-set

I got this set  I can nearly no set close the 300 lbs one they are unrated so I have no idea what their RGC is.

I am going to get some thumbscrews in the near future and use the lighter ones for dynamic pinch work.

Torsion spring grippers feel so different but since I am so used to no setting all of my strength actually carries over to other grippers.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Thank you!

Hahaha I got 5 new grippers today I nearly closed the hardest one without setting it.

I also tried deep setting them but my no set is stronger lol.

https://www.goudengrip.nl/en/collections/grip-training/products/handknijpers-premium-set

I got this set  I can nearly no set close the 300 lbs one they are unrated so I have no idea what their RGC is.

I am going to get some thumbscrews in the near future and use the lighter ones for dynamic pinch work.

Torsion spring grippers feel so different but since I am so used to no setting all of my strength actually carries over to other grippers.

I remember you telling me about it. Actually looked them up that day. 

Rated or not, a 300 gripper isn't a joke! 

AND without setting it! Good job man 💪

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DevilErik said:

20211225_205029.jpg

20211225_204845.jpg

20211225_204730.jpg

Looking good! And they're on discount haha, I clicked on the link you posted... That 300 spring looks fat 🥩🐖👌🐮🐷

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Thanks man!

It's just my style I actually tried setting them but it just doesn't work for me.

I also feel like I don't have the upper body strength for it.

I closed my lightest gripper with a deep set and it just felt super awkward.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

I checked Cannon's website and compared all 300 lbs gripper ratings.

They are either a few lbs lighter than an average coc 3 or they are heavier.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I checked Cannon's website and compared all 300 lbs gripper ratings.

They are either a few lbs lighter than an average coc 3 or they are heavier.

Yeah that's true. I'm truly thankful to them for that board that keeps being updated man. And I agree. My #3 and my 300 grippers are very close. I said that in one of my videos actually. 

• Like 1

Thanks man!

It's just my style I actually tried setting them but it just doesn't work for me.

I also feel like I don't have the upper body strength for it.

I closed my lightest gripper with a deep set and it just felt super awkward.

Yeah I'm sure it's also hand design, genetics, but habit as well! I'm glad to announce that I'll be getting back to gripper training today. It's been a while and I have some goals to achieve. I'm excited. 

Setting them for me is very easy, exploding with my close isn't easy. I mess it up. I'm certain I take away from my strength with my mediocre setup 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Yeah I'm sure it's also hand design, genetics, but habit as well! I'm glad to announce that I'll be getting back to gripper training today. It's been a while and I have some goals to achieve. I'm excited. 

Setting them for me is very easy, exploding with my close isn't easy. I mess it up. I'm certain I take away from my strength with my mediocre setup 

Awesome dude!

There's plenty of videos out there that explain the best setups maybe those can make your set even better.

Most great setters recommend this video.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Yeah that's true. I'm truly thankful to them for that board that keeps being updated man. And I agree. My #3 and my 300 grippers are very close. I said that in one of my videos actually. 

Awesome thanks for confirming!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Awesome dude!

There's plenty of videos out there that explain the best setups maybe those can make your set even better.

Most great setters recommend this video.

Agreed! I actually have it saved to my favorites so I can go back and watch it every once in a while. The man is a beast 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Agreed! I actually have it saved to my favorites so I can go back and watch it every once in a while. The man is a beast 

Awesome! You will be a beast at setting in no time!

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

Awesome! You will be a beast at setting in no time!

@Cannonhas also posted an amazing clip regarding this subject 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cannon said:

Thanks for the link! Now I can have it open in my tabs and study it obsessively haha 👀🧐🤔👁️🧠

• Haha 2

On 12/25/2021 at 7:05 PM, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

You should definitely consider hosting the King Kong Grip Challenge in Greece next 2022! Your enthusiasm deserves to be applied to the best tournament in the Grip World, friend! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2021 at 4:37 AM, Ivan Pupchenko said:

You should definitely consider hosting the King Kong Grip Challenge in Greece next 2022! Your enthusiasm deserves to be applied to the best tournament in the Grip World, friend! 

I appreciate the kind words. If something like that happens, it'll have to go through my sponsor @Emmanouil Marizaswho owns Armlifting Greece and is an official organization.

That being said, I got the first YouTube channel in Greece that posts Hand gripper brand reviews and other Armlifting handles! 

I'm not sure if it's possible to hold a KK contest in 2022,what with the Covid restrictions. 

• Like 2

On 12/29/2021 at 6:16 AM, Bigfoot Grip said:

Agree with Ivan. Great to see grip growing in Greece! Would be very cool to see another KK venue perhaps in Athens. 

That would be super cool indeed, will have to run it by @Emmanouil Marizasfor something like this to happen. He has the knowledge and a ton of equipment, plus he's got an official organization 👌

Edited by Terry Conjugate Iron
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

That would be super cool indeed, will have to run it by @Emmanouil Marizasfor something like this to happen. He has the knowledge and a ton of equipment, plus he's got an official organization 👌

I have King Kong under my consideration since 2019 and it is for sure in our future plans! Also i have to say that the day you visited our gym it was a small grip party 😁😁💥💥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

The rules are such that only enthusiasm is required of you... and a little money... And it's definitely not about the presence of any "official organization"! The rules of the contest were previously very friendly and as convenient as possible for athletes. And in connection with the coronavirus, they have undergone a number of changes. For example, you can hold a tournament for two weeks, accepting several people (as many as is allowed in your country at a time) or as many as you can hide from police in your garage!)))) I also considered this option in hard quarantine - my gym is in "a few" meters from the regional police department, but if necessary, I would hold a tournament in the warehouse of the complex, which has no windows and any enemy spy will not penetrate in it!))) Write to Eric Roussin - he always in touch and always mega friendly and ready to help in any situation! For example, in this year, without his personal help, I would not have been able to buy one device, because the coronavirus severed postal relations between Finland and Ukraine... There is still a lot of time, but... If you want to prepare yourself well and give your people an opportunity to prepare, you need to start moving right now!

• Like 2