Devon Larratt vs Hafthor Bjornsson

Zoom

It's a boxing match between these two strong men in Dubai. I think it has already happened but Google is strangely silent about it.  

Anyone know the results or if it's even happened yet? 

Edited by Zoom

The fight had not happened yet. Happens in three and a half hours after I post this comment.

Since I’m in the mood to bring the board back up off life support again I want to roast this here a little.

But before I do I want to make 1 thing clear. I like Devon these days. Wasn’t a fan of him for a while.. but this last year he has showed a ton of class. And I am now a fan.

so I dedicate this rant to his fans who feel the need to coddle him with jealous loyalty. 
those same fans that believe Devon is the 8th wonder of the world. lol!

The ones who were all over YouTube comments sections acting like Devon was some kind of viable opponent for Thor.. and encouraging Devon. saying things like “he was a special forces soldier! So he knows how to fight!” And “Devon has an MMA background. And boxing is 1 dimensional. So Devon will win!” Blah blah blah…

….are all now lining up to lick Devon’s wounds for him and tuck him in. By saying things like “well you still made us proud Devon.” Or “Devon showed heart getting in the ring with Thor!”…..who is actually an amateur himself.

…..in what world is anyone “proud” of Devon’s performance?…  he looked like a drunk blindfolded yeti trying to shadow box random waist high noises in a dark field full of groundhog holes that he kept rolling his ankles in as he stepped.

Good lord people.

listen, the reality is Devon never stood a chance in the ring. He moved like a guy who had never even been in a single bar fight. Let alone had any helpful hand to hand training what so ever throughout his career in the military. Hands low as shit, zero head movement, and didn’t appear to know how to even stay on the balls of his feet and off his heels. Those things should not even need to be taught to a guy who agrees to a prize fight. And should come natural to a guy long before a professional even agrees to train them up for a fight, or even sign off on a medical card for him. I mean yeah… Thor is big and strong and all that.. but he moves like shit too.. and is NOT a professional fighter to any degree. Thor looks as bad in a ring with a professional as Devon did in the ring with Thor. Yet Devon nearly got his head taken off by a slow moving amateur that actually looked like he was holding back a bit. Can you imagine what it would have looked like if Devon was in the ring with even a retired 210lb heavyweight like Evander Holyfield?.. especially if Evander decided he wanted to punish Devon instead of hold back?

….holy CRAP that was bad! And I’m like 100% certain that many of us here wouldn’t have looked worse fighting Thor.

so this next part is a genuine caring message to his fans.. get a better grasp of reality! And if you love your arm wrestling hero like you say you do, be vocal in the fact that you don’t want to see them get hurt, and to not try stunts like that again. No matter who the opponent is. That could have been so much worse had the ref not stopped it. And had it been worse and Devon truly got hurt, I’d have blamed every single person who encouraged it. How bad would you have felt if an arm wrestling legend ended up with permanent brain damage and could never do the very thing again that made you adore him?…

I understand that Devon is his own man. And he not only offered to take eddies place on his own, but also followed through with it on his own. But if not for all the thousands of comments and support he received from his la la land fans on a daily basis that gave him a false sense of invincibility, I don’t think he’d have actually been brazen enough to try it.

• Like 1

I agree with you Tommy. That fight was hard to watch and I'm very happy that Devon did not get hurt.

Devon looked terrified and out of place. 

Although I'm impressed by how they both handled it. Devon does not deny that he didn't stand a chance and Thor is humble and respectful in his victory under the conditions of the fight. 

• Like 2

Only thing that was embarrassing was that the fight took place at all. A trained boxer versus a non-trained boxer. Very unprofessional in every way. Good thing they at least had a competent referee.

• Like 2

The "fight" was just sad.  I didn't follow any of the buildup - how much was the payout supposed to be for each fighter?  That might explain why Devon did it?

• Like 2

I took people to mean they were proud that he even stepped in the ring and tried, not proud in his actual performance which was pretty expected. 

The special forces comments were silly, people watch too many movies and don't know the difference between fighting and tactics. 

I also consider it a huge win that he survived, hopefully this short stunt didn't harm his arm wrestling in any way. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, climber511 said:

The "fight" was just sad.  I didn't follow any of the buildup - how much was the payout supposed to be for each fighter?  That might explain why Devon did it?

I don’t know an exact figure for Devon and Thor. But it is my understanding that Thor and Eddie were charted for 7 figures. I assume both Thor and Devon made substantially less than that for this bout. With Devon making even less than Thor.

I would assume Devon’s payout was likely more than he gets off any arm wrestling match, otherwise it would have made zero sense across the board for him to take the fight, given that I’m almost 100% positive he got nowhere near 7 figures.

From a financial standpoint tho, I get it.. because if for example someone legit offered me, say, 7 figures to fight someone.. I’m certain I’d accept regardless of the opponent. So long as it’s a reffed fight with all the bell and whistles in place. EMS, etc. Especially if it was a flat rate weather I won or lost. I’d just show up, get punched a few times, and then get paid. Probably wouldn’t even bother training depending on who the opponent was. A guy like Thor or any actual pro boxer and I wouldn’t even bother training. Because it wouldn’t change the outcome. But if it was some random arm wrestler or powerlifter or grip guy who also had no boxing background, then yeah I’d train hard and aim to win.

so I get it I suppose… but no way I’d bust a careless move like that for less than 7 figures +!.. 

Oh and if Thor and Eddie actually do finally fight, I hope Thor puts Eddie on his back. Fast. That guy has turned into a real hateful asshole over the last couple years. I don’t care how funny his fan base thinks he is prancing around like an arrogant child. That guy is literally a grown ass fit throwing child.

on a side note, did any of you catch the Eddie and Julius bench video?.. Eddie even had the nerve to casually suggest at one point in the video that him possibly taking the raw bench record from Julius (if he so “chose”) was just another day at the office.. you should have seen the look on Julius’ face.. 🤣 it was priceless. Eddie is literally a full blown narcissist. That apparently no one other than Thor is willing to check.

I was watching that video hoping Julius would put him right back in his place and say something along the lines of “bro… you haven’t even pressed anything near 700.. what makes you think your a candidate to even get near my bench record? Don’t say anymore dumb shit like that again please.”

Eddie even implying that to Julius is like some guy who’s never even done a grip comp looking at Tanner, Adam, or Jedd and saying to them “yeah I guess whenever I decide, I’ll just train for a bit and show up to a grip comp and best your best official lifts ever.”

for real.. watch Eddie a little closer from time to time and you’ll see exactly what I’m talking about.

• Like 1