• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lennix

• David_wigren

• bruce1337

• Slippery Pete

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me, @Lennix and @bruce1337 have decided to take over the world. We will post about our steel bending conquests in this topic.

@David_wigren said he would explain the "physics" of crushing steel one day. @Lennix and I are eagerly waiting

Had some time over but shouldn't have trained today, was tired from yesterday's Axle, reeves, 2" vbar thumbless and grippers. + I hauled big trees etc outside for like an hour today. Anyway got some w

Posted Images

Lennix

DO Bending: 

2x7mm nails 7" in doubles easy

Horrido 10.9 bolt prekinked 10 degrees to over 90 degrees. Got stuck at the sweep as most steel lately. Me loosing weight havent done wonders for my crush. Need to learn the sweep better DO. Happy with the progress. 

8mm rebar 10" singles pritty easy. 

Ironmind Gold Nail no movement, but! I feel I can get it into a position where I am 80-85% strong. With some training at longer bars I am sure I'll have it soon in doubles. 

• Like 5

Warmup

7mm x 7" nail x 3: Done in 3/4 cordura. Easy bends but it flared up my index knuckle injury again! 

Training

8mm x 7" hard stainless from @Slippery Pete to 95 degrees DO. This was a surprise since I thought my DO bending had gotten weaker. Now I know my weak spot lies in the sweep and crush.

Finished off with some wrist levers

20210610_145304.jpg

• Like 4

DO Bending double leathers 

8mm rebar gold nail size 

8mm rebar 3x gold nail size last one 9.5" 

Gold nail 10 degrees in like 10 min 

Cool to be able to kink it!

• Like 3
David_wigren

King’s shield yesterday. Took third place overall behind Reuben and Simon. But those two are most likely cyborgs so I’m not sure their results should count. I’m declaring myself to be the best human.

For the contest, you were allowed to do the events in any order you like. This is the order of events I chose to do. All bends had to be done with Horne wraps, which are slightly thinner than Ironmind pads, but grippier.

6” 12.9 bolt 188kg wraps touching DU bent past 40 degrees in 3 seconds. DU felt VERY strong today. I was absolutely smashing my warmup bars and could tell it was going to go well. Gave me 2nd place in that event behind Kirill.

6” grade 8 bolt 207kg wraps touching reverse bent past 40 degrees in 21 seconds. Happy I finished. My reverse has been weaker the past month or so. I don’t know exactly why. These grade 8 bolts are the hardest ever rated, harder than some of the previous red nails cut to 6”. But they should still go down easy for me. 2nd place behind Simon.

6” grade 8 bolt 207kg snap whilst laying on the floor. Snapped in 32.5 seconds. Very good time for me. Massive PR for me. Burnt my thumb pad from the heat of the bolt. 3rd place.

13” 12mm 256.6 braced bend. Did it in 14 seconds. Me, Simon and Reuben were separated by 3 seconds. For me, I think I would’ve benefited if the bar was harder. For me, the kink is very easy but I always seem to move the bar slower during the crushdown, even when the crush feels easy. Still, this was a PR for me. 3rd place.

25” 16mm 242kg. Did it in 42 seconds. Again, me Simon and Reuben were separated by 4 seconds and I ended up being the slowest of the field. Again, I think I would’ve benefited if the bar was harder. Also a PR bend for me because I haven’t bent many rated mid bars lately. 3rd place.

7” 8.8 bolt 305kg snap. 1 min 23 seconds. Massive PR for me. Previously it took about 3 minutes.

Five 65 mm oval nail snap. 6 min 12 seconds. In training I was consistently getting around 4 minutes. But the wraps I used had torn and I used another set of wraps that behaved differently. It was from an old wrap setup from Horne, but thinner. I thought the thinner wrap would help get a tighter bend and thus help it snap quicker. But what ended up happening was the wraps coming undone and bunching up so it became impossible to open up the nail further without pulling the wrap. Big underperformance for me. 4th place.

6” grade 5 137kg triple snap. 13 min 3 seconds. Very happy with this performance! In training it had been very much hit or miss. I was very careful toward the end. Snapping one side too early would’ve ruined the whole event. 4th place. 

F630034B-AD64-42AC-88B5-6DADECDFFDA7.jpeg

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

King’s shield yesterday. Took third place overall behind Reuben and Simon. But those two are most likely cyborgs so I’m not sure their results should count. I’m declaring myself to be the best human.

For the contest, you were allowed to do the events in any order you like. This is the order of events I chose to do. All bends had to be done with Horne wraps, which are slightly thinner than Ironmind pads, but grippier.

6” 12.9 bolt 188kg wraps touching DU bent past 40 degrees in 3 seconds. DU felt VERY strong today. I was absolutely smashing my warmup bars and could tell it was going to go well. Gave me 2nd place in that event behind Kirill.

6” grade 8 bolt 207kg wraps touching reverse bent past 40 degrees in 21 seconds. Happy I finished. My reverse has been weaker the past month or so. I don’t know exactly why. These grade 8 bolts are the hardest ever rated, harder than some of the previous red nails cut to 6”. But they should still go down easy for me. 2nd place behind Simon.

6” grade 8 bolt 207kg snap whilst laying on the floor. Snapped in 32.5 seconds. Very good time for me. Massive PR for me. Burnt my thumb pad from the heat of the bolt. 3rd place.

13” 12mm 256.6 braced bend. Did it in 14 seconds. Me, Simon and Reuben were separated by 3 seconds. For me, I think I would’ve benefited if the bar was harder. For me, the kink is very easy but I always seem to move the bar slower during the crushdown, even when the crush feels easy. Still, this was a PR for me. 3rd place.

25” 16mm 242kg. Did it in 42 seconds. Again, me Simon and Reuben were separated by 4 seconds and I ended up being the slowest of the field. Again, I think I would’ve benefited if the bar was harder. Also a PR bend for me because I haven’t bent many rated mid bars lately. 3rd place.

7” 8.8 bolt 305kg snap. 1 min 23 seconds. Massive PR for me. Previously it took about 3 minutes.

Five 65 mm oval nail snap. 6 min 12 seconds. In training I was consistently getting around 4 minutes. But the wraps I used had torn and I used another set of wraps that behaved differently. It was from an old wrap setup from Horne, but thinner. I thought the thinner wrap would help get a tighter bend and thus help it snap quicker. But what ended up happening was the wraps coming undone and bunching up so it became impossible to open up the nail further without pulling the wrap. Big underperformance for me. 4th place.

6” grade 5 137kg triple snap. 13 min 3 seconds. Very happy with this performance! In training it had been very much hit or miss. I was very careful toward the end. Snapping one side too early would’ve ruined the whole event. 4th place. 

F630034B-AD64-42AC-88B5-6DADECDFFDA7.jpeg

Really a great performance! Strong everywhere. Your snapping improved tremendously. Congrats!

• Like 1
David_wigren
On 6/13/2021 at 2:13 PM, Donc101 said:

Really a great performance! Strong everywhere. Your snapping improved tremendously. Congrats!

Thank you Don! Yeah, I realized that improving my snapping would be the best strategic approach. I was already close in the traditional bending events and had alot more to gain by improving my snapping.

• Like 1
Lennix

DO 

7mm nails 210mm x2 

8mm CRS HEX single leathers PR 

Gold nail prekinked 10 degree no movement 

10.9 ISO crush moved around 15 degrees to 70mm between ends. 

Gold nail is really eating my wrists, so hard on them! 

• Like 1