Jump to content

Plate wrist curls 15kg


David_wigren

Recommended Posts

David_wigren

Ever since Larry Wherls posted a video of him and Khaled curl a 45lbs plate there has been alot of plate curls and plate wrist curls on social media. I had to jump on the band wagon. Most of my grip and forearm strength is down these days since I’ve been neglecting the movements for many years now. But wrist flexion is strong, perhaps stronger than ever. Most likely due to the armwrestling.

Here is five reps of “near” full range of motion with a 15kg plate. It would be cool to find a 20kg plate with smaller diameter and test to see if I can wrist curl it with similar fashion.
 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH3eRc_Ah9-/?igshid=19krn9au0x0hq

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Im a grip newb but nice video. Is it harder or easier to curl it sitting vs standing?  I saw that video of Khaled and Larry a couple weeks back and was thinking of giving it a try.

Link to post
Share on other sites
David_wigren
4 hours ago, Karl said:

Im a grip newb but nice video. Is it harder or easier to curl it sitting vs standing?  I saw that video of Khaled and Larry a couple weeks back and was thinking of giving it a try.

Thank you brother! Seated plate wrist curls are alot harder. I can rep this plate while standing for +10 strict reps no problem.

Go for it! Plate curls and wrist curls are great for wrist flexion strength. But it’s also easy to strain your wrists on the exercises so I try not to go overboard with them. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Ever since Larry Wherls posted a video of him and Khaled curl a 45lbs plate there has been alot of plate curls and plate wrist curls on social media. I had to jump on the band wagon. Most of my grip and forearm strength is down these days since I’ve been neglecting the movements for many years now. But wrist flexion is strong, perhaps stronger than ever. Most likely due to the armwrestling.

Here is five reps of “near” full range of motion with a 15kg plate. It would be cool to find a 20kg plate with smaller diameter and test to see if I can wrist curl it with similar fashion.
 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH3eRc_Ah9-/?igshid=19krn9au0x0hq

Do you have a onlyfans page for more dirty videos? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
David_wigren
59 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Do you have a onlyfans page for more dirty videos? 

DM me

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi

Easy buddy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
David_wigren
5 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Easy buddy!

You should have Khaled try a 20kg or 45lbs plate. If anyone can do it it’s gonna be him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi
2 hours ago, David_wigren said:

You should have Khaled try a 20kg or 45lbs plate. If anyone can do it it’s gonna be him.

Not sure if he can do that. And my 45 LBS plate is not small sized too. It's Olympic size.

Link to post
Share on other sites
David_wigren

Did 8 reps today. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH_MNszAQP3/?igshid=5oeqm61sh97i

Though I notesed afterwards that the range of motion was a bit less then before. Still, I regard doing 8 reps this way to be better than doing 5 reps with slightly better rom.

Edited by David_wigren
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.