Newest batch of I.M. Red

anwnate

Anyone else receive some recently?  I feel like they are significantly weaker than normal.  Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Anyone else receive some recently?  I feel like they are significantly weaker than normal.  Thoughts?

Are they ones you got from us?

No.  Even with your fabulous shipping, they have not yet arrived.  :)

• Thanks 1

Haha okay. When you get them it would still be interesting to get feedback on our batch. 

Will do.

I asked David Horne a while back about Red Nails and he told me that recent red nails he had rated was around 210 kg at 6". On his site they are listed at 225-233 kg, those numbers are from many years back. He also said they have always varied in strength. The recent ones does seem to be lighter on average though. The ones I bought recently was definitely easier than the 207 kg bar from world of grip.

I have 10 more incoming now, should be interesting to see how they are.

@Cannon

Just got them.  I bent 1 of my new stock and one of your shipment back to back.

Both took 3 hits (6 sec maybe).

I think they are the same batch...probably easier than they should be?

Single IMPs 

20200622_115659.thumb.jpg.17db92ee95f9ccb3f6fdfcd910823161.jpg

Edited by anwnate
Wraps
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got some on memorial day, I also have some older "new" ones and some old spiral ones.

The spirals are a bit easier than the "old new" batch, I'll try them back to back and update later this week with how the most recent ones stack up.

• Like 1

For what its worth guys, I bent dozens of red nails on the run up to my cert.....but there was one batch in particular that was just MASSIVELY harder than all the others.

It was a complete freak batch. Ive no idea what was in it but it was just ridiculously tough!

I remember I was consistently bending multiple reds and bastards in about 10-12 seconds in my training sessions, but could barely put a kink in that batch of reds.

Al the other batches I had were fairly similar in strength.

• Like 1

1/4×7 square warmup. Most recent red nail, cert conditions no problem. Old spiral cert conditions, stopped cold at about 10*. Recent red, no problem. Spiral, no movement at all. Recent red, about 5* (ran out of steam.)

So the new ones are definitely easier. I've grabbed the occasional hard spiral, but never 2 in a row. And all the other "new" red nails have been a bit harder than most of the spirals.

These newest ones just don't fight back at all, feels more like HRS than CRS, but they are still harder than 5/16 HRS.

Good for training, but I expect you'd end up with a harder bar whenever the certs start up again.

Edit: the difference to me feels about like bending a spiral red vs a bastard in BBW wraps, the recent red nails are about that much easier than the spirals. 30 lbs?

Edited by wobbler
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, wobbler said:

1/4×7 square warmup. Most recent red nail, cert conditions no problem. Old spiral cert conditions, stopped cold at about 10*. Recent red, no problem. Spiral, no movement at all. Recent red, about 5* (ran out of steam.)

So the new ones are definitely easier. I've grabbed the occasional hard spiral, but never 2 in a row. And all the other "new" red nails have been a bit harder than most of the spirals.

These newest ones just don't fight back at all, feels more like HRS than CRS, but they are still harder than 5/16 HRS.

Good for training, but I expect you'd end up with a harder bar whenever the certs start up again.

Edit: the difference to me feels about like bending a spiral red vs a bastard in BBW wraps, the recent red nails are about that much easier than the spirals. 30 lbs?

Thanks for the feedback.  Good to know I'm not hallucinating.

• Like 1

Has anyone made a joke like “well, I can bend them consistently so I knew something was up”?

no?

Dibs.

EDIT actually the batch I’m finishing now we’re purchased in about 2018 and I have a new stack of 25 from a month or two ago ready to go. I’ll let you know my feedback when I start the new bundle. 

Edited by Tom Flesher
  • Haha 2

I was a bit skeptical the first one I crushed down without having to use gripper crush technique. I had been working on chest crushing, but not enough to explainTHAT much.

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
On 6/28/2020 at 4:10 PM, Tom Flesher said:

Has anyone made a joke like “well, I can bend them consistently so I knew something was up”?

no?

Dibs.

EDIT actually the batch I’m finishing now we’re purchased in about 2018 and I have a new stack of 25 from a month or two ago ready to go. I’ll let you know my feedback when I start the new bundle. 

Oh, just to confirm this, the new batch is stupid easy. 

@Squeezus mentioned he got some unnaturally tough nails in his recent cert bend - maybe things are back to normal now?

• Like 1

Yeah I just got some that didn't stand out as easy to me.  Didn't feel materially different from my cert batch in summer 2017 (the "hard batch")

• Like 1