Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Alawadhi

Larry Wheels amazing grip

Recommended Posts

Alawadhi
Posted (edited)

So I decided to test Larry Wheels grip. Boy he is astonishingly amazing. Warmed up a bit and attempted the 40 pounds york blob. He couldn't. Showed him that he needs to chalk. That's it. He destroyed it. Up to 45 pounds blob and same results. He asked for the bad boy and I gave him the fatman blob. He did it. His max was half of the 110 york legacy up to his knee's. 

Now for thickbars. 100 points fbbc inch. Easy. 125 pounds. Another easy lift. 150. Same results. 172, easy! Millennium trainer, his max. 97 kg inch, nope.

Grippers up to almost 150 pounds CoC #3. If he knew the MMS technique he would destroy it. It didn't click with him when I showed him. 

His best plate pinch was 2 35's. But hey no one else ever did my two 45's besides big Sam. It is so slick, sharp and wide. Larry got like one CM of air below it.

That and few more grip fun plus Armwrestling. His base is most people max training in a life time. He is just so strong and a good guy. Videos will be uploaded tomorrow. 

Edit: Once Larry's videos are uploaded, it will be good promotion for grip sports too! 

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
4 hours ago, jchapman said:

B-b-but steroids doesn't even help you that much, it only makes you recover a little faster that's it 🙃

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip

It's well known that PEDs are in strongman, football, basketball, etc. and the same with Larry.  Brian Shaw was highlighted here with several big grip feats for example without anyone having to bring up steroids.  Per our rules, discussion of PEDs  are off limits. Thanks.

5 hours ago, jchapman said:

 

26 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

B-b-but steroids doesn't even help you that much, it only makes you recover a little faster that's it 🙃

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boulderbrew
5 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

 

It's well known that PEDs are in strongman, football, basketball, etc. and the same with Larry.  Brian Shaw was highlighted here with several big grip feats for example without anyone having to bring up steroids.  Per our rules, discussion of PEDs  are off limits. Thanks.

 

Also, people can do whatever they want....it’s STRENGTH sport. I’ll compete against anyone. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip

@Alawadhi - how did you end up training with Larry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi
13 hours ago, jchapman said:

And?

8 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

It's well known that PEDs are in strongman, football, basketball, etc. and the same with Larry.  Brian Shaw was highlighted here with several big grip feats for example without anyone having to bring up steroids.  Per our rules, discussion of PEDs  are off limits. Thanks.

 

 

Exactly!

8 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

Also, people can do whatever they want....it’s STRENGTH sport. I’ll compete against anyone. 

100% I will compete against Larry too in grip, no problem 👊🏻😎

6 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

@Alawadhi - how did you end up training with Larry?

You should know me by now Bill. I have access to anyone in my country if I want to 😉

On a more serious note (the latter was true btw) he wants to train to Armwrestle the school boy. I am the only one in the country with a real heavy duty Arm wrestling table.

Few videos and more on my channel

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip

Wow...and I noted "whatever just feels good" with no coaching. He killed that Inch.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bearcat 74

Strong

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi
4 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

Wow...and I noted "whatever just feels good" with no coaching. He killed that Inch.  

Yep. Didn't wanna coach him. Knew it from his 150 pound lift and of course his handshake. Gentle but you could feel the stiff muscles between his thumb and the index. Made sense that his thumb is really strong to stop the rotation or lift the blob. His hand size is around my size.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jchapman
On 6/20/2020 at 11:48 AM, Alawadhi said:

And?

Just adding context

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mfin77

I thought I saw a video of him with Thor lifting the inch?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Florian Kellersmann

Thank for sharing Bader! His grip strength doesn't surprise me though, very strong alround guy with good hand size for sure :rock

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi
4 hours ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

Thank for sharing Bader! His grip strength doesn't surprise me though, very strong alround guy with good hand size for sure :rock

You're welcome. I mentioned it on one of my YouTube videos, Larry's hand size is almost identical to my hand size. Crazy yeah?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hannes
Posted (edited)

The 45's you have must be damn hard to lift! When Larry was here in Iceland I saw him almost lockout 116lb on a 3" block at Thor's gym.

 

Edit

Just remembered that it was with his right hand.

Edited by Hannes
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maiche 25

Strange to see him deliberately slow and calm, his incredible explosiveness does not seem to be useful for this kind of strength exercises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fist of Fury
1 hour ago, Maiche 25 said:

Strange to see him deliberately slow and calm, his incredible explosiveness does not seem to be useful for this kind of strength exercises.

That's because you can only be explosive on stuff you know how to do (have the right technique for).

On friction lifts like pinch it's not always desirable to lift fast either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi
13 hours ago, Hannes said:

The 45's you have must be damn hard to lift! When Larry was here in Iceland I saw him almost lockout 116lb on a 3" block at Thor's gym.

 

Edit

Just remembered that it was with his right hand.

No one could lift my two 45's except big Sam. And I had lots of strong people at my gym. My 2 45's are exceptional hard.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blackjaw

What did you think of Larry's arm wrestling? Has he developed much technique, or is he dependent on his super strength?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi
1 hour ago, Blackjaw said:

What did you think of Larry's arm wrestling? Has he developed much technique, or is he dependent on his super strength?

Both. Plus I have lost lots of technique. My shoulder far from my hands. I was side pressing than pulling and so on. I should Armwrestle again to get my things back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
robertmiller67

Watched the video...  guy is an absolute beast!  
He seems to be a good guy too... humble and down to earth!  💯👊🏻

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PronatorKyle
On 6/20/2020 at 3:39 AM, Alawadhi said:

So I decided to test Larry Wheels grip. Boy he is astonishingly amazing. Warmed up a bit and attempted the 40 pounds york blob. He couldn't. Showed him that he needs to chalk. That's it. He destroyed it. Up to 45 pounds blob and same results. He asked for the bad boy and I gave him the fatman blob. He did it. His max was half of the 110 york legacy up to his knee's. 

Now for thickbars. 100 points fbbc inch. Easy. 125 pounds. Another easy lift. 150. Same results. 172, easy! Millennium trainer, his max. 97 kg inch, nope.

Grippers up to almost 150 pounds CoC #3. If he knew the MMS technique he would destroy it. It didn't click with him when I showed him. 

His best plate pinch was 2 35's. But hey no one else ever did my two 45's besides big Sam. It is so slick, sharp and wide. Larry got like one CM of air below it.

That and few more grip fun plus Armwrestling. His base is most people max training in a life time. He is just so strong and a good guy. Videos will be uploaded tomorrow. 

Edit: Once Larry's videos are uploaded, it will be good promotion for grip sports too! 

quite a few guys in the uk can do 2 45's with ease.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PronatorKyle
On 6/20/2020 at 9:02 AM, Hopefully said:

B-b-but steroids doesn't even help you that much, it only makes you recover a little faster that's it 🙃

it's the amount of strength his forearms and tendons have from years of training and lifting heavy things. steroids have helped build that but that's not what gave him his grip strength , he's a world class athlete and strength competitor , they all have good grip nowadays. especially when shown how to use what they have power lifting doesn't use straps in deadlift. it's not the same as strongman

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
3 hours ago, PronatorKyle said:

it's the amount of strength his forearms and tendons have from years of training and lifting heavy things. steroids have helped build that but that's not what gave him his grip strength , he's a world class athlete and strength competitor , they all have good grip nowadays. especially when shown how to use what they have power lifting doesn't use straps in deadlift. it's not the same as strongman

Sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.