Thumb Blaster PR, anyone else use one of these?

liftyzig

Giant PR with my thumb blaster replica (1-5/8") of 108 lbs (swipe for video)

Previously I only was able to lift 75 pounds and then felt a twinge in my thumb and it was numb for a day afterward, this time it felt great!

Would love to have more input as far as where I stack up on this, have heard from a few that this is a very good lift
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, paul valpreda said:

I've got one and I love it. I haven't tried a max on it yet.

Great lift!

I cant seem to help myself from going for max attempts with anything I get my hands on, call it a character flaw.  Thanks Paul!

I know @ClayEdgin uses a thumb blaster a lot. I haven't had a chance to use one myself though. Seems like a pretty neat grip tool.

• Like 1

Love them, best way to go heavy on thumb volume without tearing the skin. I'd say anything over 100 is pretty good. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Love them, best way to go heavy on thumb volume without tearing the skin.

I'd seen @Lucasraymond mention that a few times, which is a good thing, my thumb webbing has decided to go from never tearing to tearing every workout.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at the website to buy them and they have several different diameters for the pipe part. What’s the difference between them in terms of thumb usage? Would one size be more beneficial for thumb strength than another? Or does one have Moreno of a carryover to X grip feat than another? 

1 hour ago, Noobishindi said:

I looked at the website to buy them and they have several different diameters for the pipe part. What’s the difference between them in terms of thumb usage? Would one size be more beneficial for thumb strength than another? Or does one have Moreno of a carryover to X grip feat than another? 

The difference is based on your hand size, all 3 are pretty much the same action. My hands are less than 8 inches and I found the 1 5/8" felt the most comfortable. Bigger if you have bigger hands, smaller if you have small hands. 

• Like 1