Eric Roussin

2020 International King Kong Grip Challenge

Hubgeezer
On 3/23/2020 at 1:51 PM, Eric Roussin said:

The confirmed venue list keeps growing... (see first post)

You know, this might be my favorite current thread on the forum right now. Everyone’s plans for whatever they were doing, going, watching this Spring, and now it looks like, Summer, are gone/changed/over/dropped/kaput. 

But the end of October, 2020? Even the most pessimistic person believes this “thing” ruining our plans will be over. And we don’t have to go to a gym to prepare for it. We are going to have a good time, it’s one of the only Sure Things we can predict for 2020.

Every time I see a new venue added, a new country added, I feel good about Life. I think a lot of our hobby/sport/obsession is silly/goofy/overrated. But this year, this thing is BIG. It gives you something to look forward to, a certainty in a screwed up uncertain world. And trust me, unlike some, I do NOT feel like this Forum is a benevolent fraternity banding together and making the world a better place. But for one day, all across the world, for the participants, it ain’t too bad...

• Like 9

lone Wolf

I agree with you Mike with all the madness going around right now. Feels good to have something to look forward to. Right now I'm  stuck at home with nothing to do but train to do some work around the house 

• Like 2

lone Wolf

Thanks Andrew got the Ball & 2.25 Crusher this morning everything is complete now 

15852560178266782867288802270256.jpg

• Like 4

Hubgeezer

The video below made me think of the King Kong contest. Here are multiple musicians playing the same song, from all around the world, some of them famous, almost famous, and many regular people. I think the video is about 6 months old. It's been done for other songs as well. 

It has musicians from five continents, the 2019 King Kong had four. But we had Australia!

It has maybe 20 different performers. We had over 200!

There were people from 10 different countries. We had 12! And multiple venues in Canada! Robbie Robertson is Canadian however...

I counted performers in 6 different US states. We had 10!

Plus, obviously this group of performers stole Eric's idea from the concept of the King Kong contest. But it is a cool enough video I think that the saying Imitation is the sincerest form of Flattery should apply here:

Yes, we are as Diverse a group as anything on the Planet. 😎...

Edited by Hubgeezer