Safe to assume Shaw can easily clean the inch?

Tommy J.

7 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Chad is a strongman

My bad I didn't know he was. The man has crazy overall grip and pressing strength.

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

My bad I didn't know he was. The man has crazy overall grip and pressing strength.

He’s a tank for sure

I attempted to call out Shaw on IG after he posted his 240lb Rogue Anvil lift and I responded with 250 x3 but no response. I doubt he actually does any of the work for his social media. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DAVE101 said:

Does no one use twitterbook anymore?

No. Everyones on tiktwitch

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/29/2020 at 8:24 AM, Tommy J. said:

Keep in mind that the majority of his followers don’t even know what an inch DB is. To them, “so what.. he cleaned a 172lb DB.” And they are very likely to not even understand that cleaning the inch with 1 hand is awesome. In fact, I would bet that most wouldn’t even notice if he took it to shoulder with 1 hand or 2 hands. To them, the press of the DB is the feat. And others can press close to, or more than 300 with 1 hand. Brian is certainly aware of this. I see the same situation when strongman guys do DO axle DL’s and upload them. Example, Terry Holland’s uploaded a 500+ axle DO lift on an off brand axle. And about 70% of his followers made the comment “I thought Eddie has the WR DL at 1,100lbs?”. Proving that the masses have zero clue what they even just witnessed.

if you’ll watch the video, you can see that he cleans over a 200lb DB on a 2” handle 1 hand without any fuss. I would think that adding 3/8” to the handle size, and subtracting 30lbs (equaling an Inch DB) would be a definite yes.

fwiw, I doubt it would even go viral unless he had other relevant to strongman content in the video as well.

the only reason Marks vid is viral is due to it being on the WWE YouTube page that has 55M subscribers. Which also suggests that not even half of those subscribers bothered watching the video, given it has under 13m views.

To answer your question and the bold part, true, but Brian don't think like that I assume. If he did, he would not have posted the blobzilla clean, his Shaw blob lift and so on. If he did it (he may surely can), then he would've posted it. I can assume he can, but he didn't do it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

To answer your question and the bold part, true, but Brian don't think like that I assume. If he did, he would not have posted the blobzilla clean, his Shaw blob lift and so on. If he did it (he may surely can), then he would've posted it. I can assume he can, but he didn't do it.

Okay fair enough. I’ll buy this this logic. And raise you. if Mark Henry could lift the Millennuim DB then he would have done it. And posted it.

Edited by Tommy J.

On 2/29/2020 at 9:25 AM, Tommy J. said:

I think I remember a discussion here on the board that pointed out Marks clean maybe had some contact with the body? I can’t for the life of me remember the thread though. I do remember that the thread wasn’t even about Mark. But the conversation went there somehow. Also mentioned in that thread was Rich’s body contact on his clean.

Could it be this thread where an alternative view of the lift surfaced in a WWE promotional video?  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Could it be this thread where an alternative view of the lift surfaced in a WWE promotional video?  

Not the thread I was thinking of, but this is a great link! I must have missed this one in my hiatus from the board. Thank you.

having now seen this thread, I can say for certain that the body contact with Mark has been discussed in a few threads over the years.

Although admittedly I don’t have any qualms with Mark being understood as the first man to clean the bell.. not that he needs me to make a case for him. because imo his clean is legit regardless of if it touched or not. But if he did gain any advantage from the tiny bit of contact, i could make a strong case for Mark that a clean is supposed to contact the body at the waist. That’s how it’s done in the olympics anyways. On cleans and snatches the weight is taken from the floor and literally slammed off of the waist to get the weight up to shoulder on a clean, or over head on a snatch. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by Tommy J.

21 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Okay fair enough. I’ll buy this this logic. And raise you. if Mark Henry could lift the Millennuim DB then he would have done it. And posted it.

Not really. Mark Henry is not posting grip feats on his accounts. If he was posting grip feats and did an amazing thing he would've surely posted that too. But to answer you, yes Mark Henry did Lift the Millennium Dumbbell.

24 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Not really. Mark Henry is not posting grip feats on his accounts. If he was posting grip feats and did an amazing thing he would've surely posted that too. But to answer you, yes Mark Henry did Lift the Millennium Dumbbell.

When? Never seen footage of it. So, falling in line with your logic that you’ve elaborated on several times, if there is no vid, it didn’t happen. 🤷🏼‍♂️ You and I went almost 2 pages in the bending history thread and you played on repeat that if there was no video of Pat’s gold nail bend then it didn’t happen.

No further discussion on Mark and the millennium are even necessary if there is no vid. I would be glad to be proven wrong if there was!  Also if we’re gonna insist on giving Mark the benefit of the doubt and believe he has lifted a millennium, then we’re gonna do the same for Brian and believe he can clean the inch.

Edited by Tommy J.