Cleaning a Rolling Thunder

2sweetdadstrength

I have Rolling Thunder, I believe it is the previous edition.  It has the stickers on the sides covering the screws.  I'm guessing I just take off the sticker and disassemble, but what should I do to clean it once it's apart without damaging it?

I have 2 Rolling Thunders.  One new and one old.  I blow them out with compressed air.  The old one was nearly locked up so I drilled a small hole in it and sprayed a light lubricant inside - it now spins just fine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Place the clean and functioning RT for sale on Ebay. Then go to barrelstrengthsystems.com and buy a proper rolling handle.

😂 honestly though. RT Sadly has a shelf life. We have like 5 different RT here in TX and we pull 5 very different numbers. I have never tried to clean my passed just using compressed air

1 minute ago, climber511 said:

I have 2 Rolling Thunders.  One new and one old.  I blow them out with compressed air.  The old one was nearly locked up so I drilled a small hole in it and sprayed a light lubricant inside - it now spins just fine.

That’s a good idea. I hadn’t thought to try that. We take advantage of the no so rolling thunder that Adam has...it works well as an overload exercise 

I remember a thread a while back where someone drilled a hole through the plastic in the RT and used compressed air to clean it out. Clearly "voids" the warrantee on it though. 😂

Edited by devinhoo

Could try to use a solvent to get underneath the plastic to clean it out....acetone, paint thinner, etc and then clean the solvent with dish soap and water and then finally rinse with water. Once dry test and see how it goes from there.