Alex bends a 7”x5/16” SS square!

Tommy J.

For the record, this is a bend I tried, no bs, close to 30 times and failed when I was at my strongest. The crush on these SS squares is incredible. Just didn’t have the muscle at under 200 to pull it off. And Alex got through it without too much struggle. Obviously steel varies a bit, but this bend is one that even if you get an “easy” one, it’s STILL a monster bend.

i think this guy will go on to match, and best the bend I consider the greatest verified DO bend of all time. Which is Aaron’s 6.5”x5/16” SS square. And I’m gonna go ahead and say it... it’s a high probability this guy will also go on to bend the KOASB some time this year if he stays with it. Which will put him officially into Gazza territory, but for REAL! 

For me, this is VERY exciting to see!

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 9

Agree!

I tried this bar also, but could do only a small kink on it. These are very very hard and one of the best achievment.

I am following Alex bending journey since years and it's great to see his bends. For me it's a huge inspiration.

His 12.9 bend is for me the absolutly best bend I have seen (besides of Aarons 6,5" shiny square).

Looking forward to more great bends!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Horrido said:

Agree!

I tried this bar also, but could do only a small kink on it. These are very very hard and one of the best achievment.

I am following Alex bending journey since years and it's great to see his bends. For me it's a huge inspiration.

His 12.9 bend is for me the absolutly best bend I have seen (besides of Aarons 6,5" shiny square).

Looking forward to more great bends!

Tried to like you’re post but ran out of likes for the day.

i exchanged YouTube comments with him earlier. I did mention 6.5” SS square, and it looks like he will be trying it. If the bend doesn’t happen soon, it should prove that the 6.5” SS square is a harder bend than the 12.9 class bolt. I have also not bent a class 12.9 bolt. Tried only once and only got a kink. I did see his video where he broke one, but could not find the bend video. Do you have it? That is a vid worth watching!

i can also say this, I took a 7” SS square past 90 degrees many times. But could never finish it. The 1 time I tried the class 12.9 bolt I only got a kink. But cannot remember what wraps. Obviously not single imps, but it may have been single BBS. Can’t recall. So it’s hard going off memory if the class 12.9 bolt is harder since I only tried it 1 time.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Horrido said:

Yep I read the comments. Looking forward to the try!

Here is the 12.9 Video:

That dude is an animal. I’m sure others watching can imagine.. but it’s even MORE impressive to see when you’ve been within 20-30lbs of those bends. Bending like this goes beyond just strength. Obviously the muscle is a (as in- 1)  key factor of many that is needed.. but Like many of the super heavy benchers try to relay, you can feel it in you’re bones when you push this hard. It becomes an “am I insane for liking this?...” kind of thing. What is required here maybe even surpasses what is required for regular strength feats. It’s almost like you have to be strong AF, tough AF, callous AF, AND full of rage to get through some of these bends. Or drunk AF... 😂

EJ broke bones in his wrist at the time when we were back and forth. No bs. And kept going! I say that to give reference of how high the anti was. And this guy takes it up a notch! He is put together well. That is for sure.

I’ll also mention that during the time when EJ, Hannes, and myself were going nuts on bends, there was also a guy during that time that was destroying every horse shoe in his path. Pro strongman Jason Bergman. And for those that don’t know, he was also a strong and in the know DO steel bender. He sent me a handful of videos of him attempting various DO bends. One of which was a 7”x5/16” SS square in doubles, that he did NOT even get to 90 degrees... and he had more muscle and strength sport accolades than ANY of us in DO bending, ever. He was also obviously on the juice. That said, this isn’t something we are witnessing for the first time only because not many people do it, or know of it. I would say that a pro strongman that is 100% in the know that STILL can’t bend at this level (Bergman) should, without a doubt prove that this is phenomenal level bending. For ANY person on the planet. That if replicated or surpassed, will be only by someone of true rarity. I’m not even sure a guy like Dennis Rogers could truly appreciate what this guy is doing... 🤷🏼‍♂️

so imo, this guys ability deserves more than 150 subscribers on YouTube. And more recognition than he is currently getting. So I love it, and hate it at the same time.... I’m starting to sort of feel like how world class climbers must feel when they fully understand how great a certain ascend is, and the world around them is clueless to its incredibleness.. no money... no fame... only you and that incredible feat that only few truly understand..

• Like 8

Very well said. 100% agreement.

There are only a handfull guys out there who are interessted in steel bending and could understand what's needed to be on the top level. There is so much more than only be strong in a typical strength sports. If you want understand this you have to become a steel bender.

Steel Bending is such a great journey. It's you vs the steel and this feeling is more than the word great can describe. When you are in front of the first hit to the bar everything around you is not important. The world stops and the body contact the metal and metal gives up. I love this feeling and I love steel bending. I think you have to be a little bit crazy for it. I mean look to the good steel benders!? Not the normal ones in every aspect. But if you come in and enjoy it is a very small but also a great and very helpfull community.

To the 12.9 Bolt: this thing is so nasty! I have made some iso bars from it and at the moment I can't move it no matter in which position. I hope and I think that I might be able to move some millimeters in summer but at the moment, no chance. And then you can see how Alex show dominance to this bolt is absolutely amazing. For me personally this Bolt is one of the highest achievments in steel bending.

Let's show it in a picture to describe it in short:

1319847842_Screenshot_20200126-1919172.thumb.png.79150a0d3014b603c4719a31eeaf3939.png

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

News from the East...

Square SS 8mm x 180mm in single pads (IGP´s) from Alex.
After a failed 6,5" attempt!

Holy shit!

Edited by Horrido
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, Horrido said:

News from the East...

Square SS 8mm x 180mm in single pads (IGP´s) from Alex.
After a failed 6,5" attempt!

Holy shit!

Yes, Holy shit!

I think this is the greatest single wrap bend of all time. Wow!...

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Yes, Holy shit!

I think this is the greatest single wrap bend of all time. Wow!...

Absolutely huge DO bend!!

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy huge DO bends going down!  I will second what Tommy said about Bergmann.  True Beast.

I tried a 7 X 5/16 SS square once when I was at or near my strongest DO.  I had successfully bent a regular 5/16 X 7 that Aaron had sent me so I was feeling pretty cocky.  I was able to get a kink in it with stiff doubles, but that was it.  Wasn't even close.  Huge props to you monsters!!!!!

• Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 1:40 PM, Horrido said:

Very well said. 100% agreement.

There are only a handfull guys out there who are interessted in steel bending and could understand what's needed to be on the top level. There is so much more than only be strong in a typical strength sports. If you want understand this you have to become a steel bender.

Steel Bending is such a great journey. It's you vs the steel and this feeling is more than the word great can describe. When you are in front of the first hit to the bar everything around you is not important. The world stops and the body contact the metal and metal gives up. I love this feeling and I love steel bending. I think you have to be a little bit crazy for it. I mean look to the good steel benders!? Not the normal ones in every aspect. But if you come in and enjoy it is a very small but also a great and very helpfull community.

To the 12.9 Bolt: this thing is so nasty! I have made some iso bars from it and at the moment I can't move it no matter in which position. I hope and I think that I might be able to move some millimeters in summer but at the moment, no chance. And then you can see how Alex show dominance to this bolt is absolutely amazing. For me personally this Bolt is one of the highest achievments in steel bending.

Let's show it in a picture to describe it in short:

1319847842_Screenshot_20200126-1919172.thumb.png.79150a0d3014b603c4719a31eeaf3939.png

I just saw this post Jan. Very well said!

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2020 at 9:39 AM, Tommy J. said:

That dude is an animal. I’m sure others watching can imagine.. but it’s even MORE impressive to see when you’ve been within 20-30lbs of those bends. Bending like this goes beyond just strength. Obviously the muscle is a (as in- 1)  key factor of many that is needed.. but Like many of the super heavy benchers try to relay, you can feel it in you’re bones when you push this hard. It becomes an “am I insane for liking this?...” kind of thing. What is required here maybe even surpasses what is required for regular strength feats. It’s almost like you have to be strong AF, tough AF, callous AF, AND full of rage to get through some of these bends. Or drunk AF... 😂

EJ broke bones in his wrist at the time when we were back and forth. No bs. And kept going! I say that to give reference of how high the anti was. And this guy takes it up a notch! He is put together well. That is for sure.

I’ll also mention that during the time when EJ, Hannes, and myself were going nuts on bends, there was also a guy during that time that was destroying every horse shoe in his path. Pro strongman Jason Bergman. And for those that don’t know, he was also a strong and in the know DO steel bender. He sent me a handful of videos of him attempting various DO bends. One of which was a 7”x5/16” SS square in doubles, that he did NOT even get to 90 degrees... and he had more muscle and strength sport accolades than ANY of us in DO bending, ever. He was also obviously on the juice. That said, this isn’t something we are witnessing for the first time only because not many people do it, or know of it. I would say that a pro strongman that is 100% in the know that STILL can’t bend at this level (Bergman) should, without a doubt prove that this is phenomenal level bending. For ANY person on the planet. That if replicated or surpassed, will be only by someone of true rarity. I’m not even sure a guy like Dennis Rogers could truly appreciate what this guy is doing... 🤷🏼‍♂️

so imo, this guys ability deserves more than 150 subscribers on YouTube. And more recognition than he is currently getting. So I love it, and hate it at the same time.... I’m starting to sort of feel like how world class climbers must feel when they fully understand how great a certain ascend is, and the world around them is clueless to its incredibleness.. no money... no fame... only you and that incredible feat that only few truly understand..

I just saw your post too Tommy, also very well said!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 11:03 PM, Horrido said:

Here is another one from Alex - 6,3"

Absolutely Badass

This is SILLY strength. Also I'd like to take this opportunity to make the joke that Josh Dale would have a field day with this video. I remember getting made fun of for thick doubles. Was he really using FIVE layers of wraps on one and two different sets?? I admire it.

12 hours ago, vikingsrule92 said:

This is SILLY strength. Also I'd like to take this opportunity to make the joke that Josh Dale would have a field day with this video. I remember getting made fun of for thick doubles. Was he really using FIVE layers of wraps on one and two different sets?? I admire it.

Looked like just plain ol doubles to me. Same as Aaron used on his 6.5”x5/16” SS square. In fact, less wraps than you use on all your bends. 😚

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely phenomenal bending by Alex!  

Next level World-class stuff no doubt sir!!  
💪🏻💪🏻💯

• Like 1