New CTD-style Challenge - advanced level

camz

On 1/24/2020 at 9:06 PM, Kluv#0 said:

I think Marco Buhl, Gabriel Sum are good candidates to do Carl’s amazing feats. Maybe Tanner, Gil and Morgan Choi from U.S. 

Absolutely, see my post above! 

23 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Most I’ve ever TNS’d with my weak, much weaker left hand was 139 pounds. The low #3 that Jedd Johnson lent me. With my strong hand, 163. Maybe I can do 2  140s together? I don’t know. I’m in the process of a mostly calisthenics routine and only a few grip exercises and hiking 3-4 miles in the woods. I am going to lose the excess crap I’ve put on from grip and get back to my ripped self I was before. Not worth it to me to be in the 260s or above for this. If I maintain my strength, great! If not, I don’t really mind now Since  in my 40s and don’t want to have what happened to Riccardo  recently happen to me. 230s is what I am aiming for. Health and longevity is the key.

I TNSed a 3.27 right and a 3.11 left for a certification list for "Griffkraft Deutschland". Whatever that means... 😂 really ... I have no idea... but I TNSed even harder not-rated grippers, like my Silarukov 140, which is out of reach at the moment...

That time last year, I competed by accident at the Sauerland Grip Challenge. I wanted to go there as a spectator and had zero preparation, but Christof somehow talked me into joining it. One discipline was Grippers TNS. At warming up I closed a #3 with 159 with my right and had a pretty good set with my left. 1st try in comp I closed a 139. 2nd I missed a 149 by a hair. Was a little bit nervous then and decided to not try the 159, but the 149 again in 3rd and missed again with my right, changed it to my left WITHOUT putting it back on the table, closed it with my left, but got called out on it. Ended with winning the comp AND the special award for biggest idiot! 

21 hours ago, jchapman said:

I remember seeing video of it.  I'll wait to see if Ben @bencrush chimes in.  But he is on the Gripboard gripper feats list, and there needs to be video evidence to get on it.

#3 double no set

Tommy Heslep
Chris James
Ben Edwards (Bencrush)
Paul Knight

Cesare Ricchezza

Super strong guys! Great list!

Edited by camz
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Carl - love the idea and fantastic display. 

I can do 2.5 of the challenge. Double lift easy, double hub pretty easy, never certain on lefty. Tns 2 #3’s - would really depend on the rating. 

Definitely a worthy challenge for 2020!

Thank you very much, Adam! Very much appreciated! Would love to see you "on the list"! 

To be honest; I had guys like you in mind for an "expert level" challenge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Horrido said:

When it comes to display the strength in grip, Carl can't surprise me. If he want it, he will do it with some preparation.

It's great to call him a buddy, but now he has to come back to bending! Martin, Daniel and I need him in the bending area!

Kalli, let us bend some big serious steel here in germany!

Haha! Du Vogel! 😄

Thank you very much, Jan! Big steel will be bent! But probably not DO from me, but braced! 

You guys are on a roll! It would be hard to catch up!

• Like 1

As some of you liked the Double-TNS, I put together a small vid of some of my recent (whatever that means) gripper-closes. Most of them I only posted on Instagram or not at all. As said before, I am not the biggest gripper fan, but surprisingly I found more stuff on my computer than I thought at first... 

01) Silver-Crush #3 TNS RH (January 2020)– Chromed Steelhandles and super oldschool! Simply the most beautiful gripper I ever touched!

02) First ever Underground Grip Germany meeting in Burki's cellar (April 2018). IronMind Captains-of-Crush #3 TNS RH and LH. The FIRST ever #3-certification with a CREDIT-CARD-SET was made with this gripper which is now part of Burki's „Keys-to-Grip-Challenge“!

03) RB-Certification RB330C TNS RH (RGC 165). The first German Gripper-Certification, brought back to life by Griffkraft Deutschland (June 2019)!

04) MM2-Replica-Certification (CoC 3.24) for Griffkraft Deutschland Credit-Card-Set RH (June 2019)

05) Double-CoC#3-TNS close from the preparation for my „C3D-Challenge“ (July 2019).

06) Somerhing from 2018: Double Potato-TNS-Crush 

Some gripper feats from „Griffkraft Deutschland - Heben im Süden 2/2019“ (September 2019)
07) Inch-Lift & IronMind Captains-of-Crush #3 TNS double feat
08) Double CoC#3 TNS
09) Parallel Set Tetting Beefbuilder GrandMaster (RGC 166)
10) Parallel Set RB330N (RGC 171)

11) RB300N (RGC 157) TNS RH and LH (July 2019)

12) Double TNS LH CoC #L3 RH CoC#3 (December 2019)

13) Double TNS LH CoC #3 RH CoC#L3 (December 2019)

14) Torneo 65kg TNS RH and LH (December 2019)

15) Gods of Grip „Hades“ 300lb TNS RH (160 RGC) (January 2020)
16) Gods of Grip „Hephaestus“ 250lbL and 250lbR Double TNS (January 2020)

@jchapman @Joseph Sullivan @Vinnie @Chez @AdamTGlass 

Edited by camz
spelling
  • Like 5

@camz This is such an awesome feat and impressive challenge. It's not common, even amongst elite gripsters, to be so strong in so many areas bilaterally. 

I will give this a try after the Arnold in early March. L)

Edited by Squeezus
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Awesome work, brother!

Thank you very much, Joe!

17 hours ago, Squeezus said:

@camz This is such an awesome feat and impressive challenge. It's not common, even amongst elite gripsters, to be so strong in so many areas bilaterally. 

I will give this a try after the Arnold in early March. L)

Thanks a lot, Gil! Glad you like it and it would be awesome, to see you "on the list"!

It gave me more trouble than expected. It took me like two more months after I thought the single doubel feats were safe! For the single feats I think you should be able to perform a double of each. I am curious, how much effort it will take it from you. But I have no doubt, that you can do this!

Good luck for your training and the Arnolds!

• Thanks 1