37 th.straight year 315lb bench (paused) w/ 20MM COC # 3 (155) smashed

Kluv#0

My oldest son will be 46 later this month.  But 50 is still a milestone as far as strength and fitness go - it's where one has to be religious in their training or things will start to slowly go south.  At 60 the decline begins slowly but inevitably for those of us who have trained forever - people who start at 60 can still make lots of gains.  I'm finding that at 71 no amount of training keeps me at the levels I was when younger - even 10 years younger.  I'm not decrepit yet but the lifts done before 50 will not be repeated again - the goal now is to hold on as long as I can with current levels.   Pushing as hard now as I used to usually results in some type of rehab LOL.

I was 55 when I actually first heard of the GB and Grip Sport so every lift or feat you've ever seen me do was well over 50.  

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, climber511 said:

My oldest son will be 46 later this month.  But 50 is still a milestone as far as strength and fitness go - it's where one has to be religious in their training or things will start to slowly go south.  At 60 the decline begins slowly but inevitably for those of us who have trained forever - people who start at 60 can still make lots of gains.  I'm finding that at 71 no amount of training keeps me at the levels I was when younger - even 10 years younger.  I'm not decrepit yet but the lifts done before 50 will not be repeated again - the goal now is to hold on as long as I can with current levels.   Pushing as hard now as I used to usually results in some type of rehab LOL.

I was 55 when I actually first heard of the GB and Grip Sport so every lift or feat you've ever seen me do was well over 50.  

Chris, you have many remarkable lifts for any age. I would say 95% of all grip athletes cannot 2HP over 200lbs on the BSS Flask and you did 206lbs at age 69! One of the lifts I really enjoy and I marvel at your performance on the sledge hammer choke lift -Gripmas 2013- 264lbs wrist torque same amount as Durniat, Retarides and more than Burns, Barbe- Crazy strong!

Yol Bosun – May there be a road - All done at 70 years of age at the Last Gripmas Carol contest.  Pretty sure I'm the only competitor ever in the 70 to 79 year old - 93K class so kind of meaningless for now but it gives you guys something to shoot for as you "grow up"  LOL.

·       20 mm Block Set Gripper – 125# - 70 to 79 year old Masters Record simply because it’s the only one in class but a pretty lousy close in the scheme of things – I suck at grippers 

·       2 Hand Euro – 217.33# official -70 to 79 year old Masters World Record – would be #47 on the open overall Top Fifty list and #8 in the open overall 93 K class

·       2 Hand Euro extra attempt – 232.33# – did not count but still done  in front of everybody – would be #22 on the open overall Top 50 List and #3 in the Open Overall 93K class

·       Axle DL – 336.54# Official - 70 to 79 year old Masters World Record – tie for #81 on the Open Overall List and #15 in the Open Overall 93K class

·       2 3/8” FBBC Axle 330.69# on FBBC site (???).  But I thought I only did around 307# or 308# at the Last Gripmas Carol??  Not on the top 50 Lists but on the FBBC lists – a three way tie for #4 (or #10ish) on the FBBC site.

Something to remember for 17 years from now Micheal  :)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Yol Bosun – May there be a road - All done at 70 years of age at the Last Gripmas Carol contest.  Pretty sure I'm the only competitor ever in the 70 to 79 year old - 93K class so kind of meaningless for now but it gives you guys something to shoot for as you "grow up"  LOL.

·       20 mm Block Set Gripper – 125# - 70 to 79 year old Masters Record simply because it’s the only one in class but a pretty lousy close in the scheme of things – I suck at grippers 

·       2 Hand Euro – 217.33# official -70 to 79 year old Masters World Record – would be #47 on the open overall Top Fifty list and #8 in the open overall 93 K class

·       2 Hand Euro extra attempt – 232.33# – did not count but still done  in front of everybody – would be #22 on the open overall Top 50 List and #3 in the Open Overall 93K class

·       Axle DL – 336.54# Official - 70 to 79 year old Masters World Record – tie for #81 on the Open Overall List and #15 in the Open Overall 93K class

·       2 3/8” FBBC Axle 330.69# on FBBC site (???).  But I thought I only did around 307# or 308# at the Last Gripmas Carol??  Not on the top 50 Lists but on the FBBC lists – a three way tie for #4 (or #10ish) on the FBBC site.

Something to remember for 17 years from now Micheal  :)

Fantastic lifts no doubt! 17 years from now... I hope to still be able to smell the roses.

• Like 1

Strong work! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, David Mitti said:

Strong work!!!

Thanks David🦁🙏I appreciate 

6 minutes ago, Chez said:

Strong work! 

Thank You MM7 Beast 💪🙏

24 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

Nicely done!!

Thank you Bill! Means a lot coming from you⭐🙏

Thanks to everybody who liked & commented on my strength accomplishments. 20 likes on a video is a first for me 🙏🦁💪💯⭐🙏

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 9:38 AM, climber511 said:

I joined the Gripboard right after I turned 50. I thought long and hard for a "name", and decided the Internet Name that I did because it was humorous and descriptive. At 50, I was making fun of myself, because based on the two contests I had entered prior to joining, I could tell that the other competitors thought I was a Geezer. But there are lots of Over Age 50 competitors these days, good ones at that. 

My own observations: Difference between 50 and 55: I was much stronger at 55. Difference between 55 and 60: Had to work harder to maintain, but could still improve, albeit slowly. Difference between 60 and 65: I don't want to talk about it. If you back off on training, what you lose in strength is almost unbelievable . Whoever wants to say "Age is just a number" is definitely under 60. 

My favorite Strength Geezers are, in alphabetical order: Odd Haugen, Chris Rice, and Slim the Hammer Man. Slim's last AOBS performance in 2010 at the Age of 76 was absolute Magic, and everyone in attendance knew that. Haugen's Inch Dumbbell film by Rogue is absolutely cool. And Chris Rice, simply look at his stats on this thread, and if you don't shake your head in amazement, I will shake mine for your cluelessness :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hubgeezer said:

I joined the Gripboard right after I turned 50. I thought long and hard for a "name", and decided the Internet Name that I did because it was humorous and descriptive. At 50, I was making fun of myself, because based on the two contests I had entered prior to joining, I could tell that the other competitors thought I was a Geezer. But there are lots of Over Age 50 competitors these days, good ones at that. 

My own observations: Difference between 50 and 55: I was much stronger at 55. Difference between 55 and 60: Had to work harder to maintain, but could still improve, albeit slowly. Difference between 60 and 65: I don't want to talk about it. If you back off on training, what you lose in strength is almost unbelievable . Whoever wants to say "Age is just a number" is definitely under 60. 

My favorite Strength Geezers are, in alphabetical order: Odd Haugen, Chris Rice, and Slim the Hammer Man. Slim's last AOBS performance in 2010 at the Age of 76 was absolute Magic, and everyone in attendance knew that. Haugen's Inch Dumbbell film by Rogue is absolutely cool. And Chris Rice, simply look at his stats on this thread, and if you don't shake your head in amazement, I will shake mine for your cluelessness :) 

Mike, you have had lot of massive grip achievements- 2012 first IM Hub WR,  2016  King Kong Masters champ which is amazing to do. I enjoy seeing older guys doing grip and such as it provides a chance if one aspires. Thanks for sharing your 5 year increments, too- very interesting. Definitely like your top 3 older guys!

• Like 1