Bfgs Part 2

Rick Walker

Here are some ideas that have been thrown around with the other competitors:

Next year it will be a 2 day event-3 different disciplines each day allowing for about 30 competitors instead of only 12.

Bending and grippers will remain as events-the other 4 will be hashed over with 1 or 2 being very unique. We are even thinking of a grip "medley" as the final event. Spooky stuff.

I want ALL the big dogs here next year-David, Wade, Pat, Steve W., Steve G., Chris James, etc. This will be the greatest battle EVER.

The Battle For Grip Supremacy WILL become the premiere event, held once a year, where all the big dogs come out to play. Cash prizes? Huge awards? Who knows.

We have even discussed a federation. The time to make something of this sport is NOW.

BFGS II will blow your minds! And YES-both Vigeants have vowed to return. Will Big Steve hold on and be 2 time champ?????

Rick Walker :rock

Sounds good Rick.

IF there is Cash i know a few other guys that will probably give it a go. ;)

Cash always works.

Yeah a federation MIGHT be good? but keep it 'loose',just(please) don't try to standardize the events.keep it exciting and wide open...different tests at different contests.Or maybe no federation at all??????And just keep putting on contests????

Random thoughts:

Work with sponsors but don't let them control it.

Work with the 'press'(such as it is)but don't let them call the shots.

Always keep the athletes FIRST(although i LOVE Pro Strongman at the higher levels? it appears that they aren't treated with the respect of other professional athletes)

And...just a personal preference..lots of grip lifting events?EVERYBODY(possible futre fans)likes to see crazy stuff lifted??eh?

Not that my opinion matters but...Just my .2 cents and since I have your ear(eyes) on the forum...i might as well say it.

Again just an EXCELLENT job on your contest!

With the UK comp in May and the Swedish in August (presuming I go) could I ask if next years comp might be in October? Then you can pencil me in - it'd be cool :)

Forgot to add-next years Battle WILL have a women's division-

Rick Walker :rock

Rick,

Wow!!! That was some weekend!!!!! :rock:mosher

For next year how about an electronic scoreboard and/or microphone announcements for each lift it was sometimes difficult to know what everyone was attempting.

Jon@han