Gripboard - Hand sizes form

DanielM

2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Where’s this information on this form going? Who is handling this? 

The Chinese government must be gathering biometrics data in order to take us over.😋

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ricochet said:

The Chinese government must be gathering biometrics data in order to take us over.😋

Sooooo youurrr a wiiiseee guyyyy ayyyyye?

(three stooges voice)

Thanks for putting this together! I'd like to see the analysis once we have 50-100 respondents. It would be cool to compare the hand size of grip enthusiasts to general population. I also would be curious to see how hand size trends with height.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

Thanks for putting this together! I'd like to see the analysis once we have 50-100 respondents. It would be cool to compare the hand size of grip enthusiasts to general population. I also would be curious to see how hand size trends with height.

Thank you very much, Squeezus! That is a very good idea to include height to see how it correlates with hand size, so I have decided to add it to the form and spreadsheet.

Maybe it’s going too far, but middle finger to hand length ratio might be interesting. I think finger length is often the more relevant factor for a lot of grip disciplines. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

Maybe it’s going too far, but middle finger to hand length ratio might be interesting. I think finger length is often the more relevant factor for a lot of grip disciplines. 

I think you make a good point because the two are separate structures cut off from the wrist. Finger length is probably the most important factor for grip strength because they are the points of tension that cause the grip to close for grippers and the more leverage around the gripper handles the better your grip strength is evenly distributed around the whole gripper, hypothetically speaking.

What do you guys think, should finger to hand ratio length be considered to add as a question to the form?

• Like 1