Living Legends - Talk and Predictions

Eric Roussin

The Living Legends contest is just a few days from now, and there should be much more talk about it. The contest is three years in the making and the time and effort that Andrew has (and is) putting into it is unbelievable. I, for one, look forward to enjoying this weekend. Andrew has put together an awesome collection of events that will test many different aspects of hand strength. It's also not often that this many high caliber grip athletes assemble in a single location to see who is the overall best on the day.

As for predictions, I think if Jedd is healthy he will be the man to beat. I don't think he has any weak events in this line-up. Anyone else want to share their thoughts?

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

The Living Legends contest is just a few days from now, and there should be much more talk about it. The contest is three years in the making and the time and effort that Andrew has (and is) putting into it is unbelievable. I, for one, look forward to enjoying this weekend. Andrew has put together an awesome collection of events that will test many different aspects of hand strength. It's also not often that this many high caliber grip athletes assemble in a single location to see who is the overall best on the day.

As for predictions, I think if Jedd is healthy he will be the man to beat. I don't think he has any weak events in this line-up. Anyone else want to share their thoughts?

I was saying the same thing to myself today, “why aren’t more people talking about legends”.... weird. 

As for predictions, I predict I will not be the winner! Haha.

If Andrew Durniat is entered then my top 3 (no particular order) prediction- Durniat, Thomas Larsen and Jedd

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

If Andrew Durniat is entered then my top 3 (no particular order) prediction- Durniat, Thomas Larsen and Jedd

I second this prediction! I'm just gonna go and try not to get last...which will be tough 😅😭

• Like 1

If Chad Woodall is coming, I’d say he would be a contender for  the winner, based off previous competition performances and feats smashed.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

If Chad Woodall is coming, I’d say he would be a contender for  the winner, based off previous competition performances and feats smashed.

Did you hear that Chad is coming?

20 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

If Andrew D has been training for this contest, then I agree he has a shot at finishing first. But if he hasn’t, it will be tough for him to beat Jedd.

7 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

Did you hear that Chad is coming?

No... but Jedd hinted at him coming out of retirement on a recent episode of TWIG, so my guess is he may just show to legends... that is my prediction. I could be wrong, but the possibility is there.

If he comes out of retirement for this contest, then my guess is that he is ready and certainly has a shot at the overall title. 

This weekend can't get here soon enough!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Roussin said:

If he comes out of retirement for this contest, then my guess is that he is ready and certainly has a shot at the overall title. 

This weekend can't get here soon enough!

It’s gonna be a happening, that’s for sure. I’m very excited. It feels like the “olympics of grip”.

2 hours ago, temmmeeee said:

I second this prediction! I'm just gonna go and try not to get last...which will be tough 😅😭

Tim, you will do excellent as you are a grip beast💪

Hey Tootall, where are you my friend! You are a Living legend and you Need to compete again!

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

Kind of difficult to do predictions when you don't know who's going to compete :laugh

There is a list of who had committed on the living legends 2019 thread. You can go off the current list and make a choice.

I'm taking 5th🤣

Events:

Gripper- Aaron C, Durniat, Jedd

Sledge- no idea

2 3/8" axle- Durniat, Eric R

2"x5" Saxon- Jedd, Aaron, Adam G (not sure if he is coming)

Anvil- Thomas, Myself, Jedd

Blob Medley- Jedd or Thomas

Inch Medley- Durniat, Eric R, Thomas, Jedd

Edited by Lucasraymond
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Events:

Sledge- no idea

2 3/8" axle- Durniat

Inch Medley- Durniat, Thomas, Jedd

Last I heard Adam is not coming. 

1 hour ago, Lucasraymond said:

Events:

Sledge- no idea

2 3/8" axle- Durniat

Inch Medley- Durniat, Thomas, Jedd

Thanks for posting the events.

Grippers - Corcorran, Durniat, Johnson.
Sledge - Sullivan, Raymond, Durniat.
2 3/8" Axle - Durniat, Roussin, Johnson.
2"x5" Saxon - Corcorran, Johnson, Larsen.
Anvil - Raymond, Johnson, Larsen.
Blob Medley - Johnson, Larsen, Durniat.
Inch Medley - Johnson, Durniat, Larsen.

Overall winner Jedd Johnson.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Thanks for posting the events.

Grippers - Corcorran, Durniat, Johnson.
Sledge - Sullivan, Raymond, Durniat.
2 3/8" Axle - Durniat, Roussin, Johnson.
2"x5" Saxon - Corcorran, Johnson, Larsen.
Anvil - Raymond, Johnson, Larsen.
Blob Medley - Johnson, Larsen, Durniat.
Inch Medley - Johnson, Durniat, Larsen.

Overall winner Jedd Johnson.

I am not gonna do well at this sledge event. I cannot get the technical aspects down and in my opinion it is not a pure wrist strength event at all and Is more of a “trick” lift  as it deals with a lot of momentum from the body. I am not a fan at all. Did this lift for the first time maybe 2 weeks ago and just can’t get the POP out of it that everyone else seems to get.  I see myself being one of the bottom ones on this lift.Maybe I have weak wrists..LMAO!!

Eric thanks for starting this. I don't have any unlisted athletes that I know of that are coming. If there are anyone new that will be just as much a surprise for me as the rest of you. 

13 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I am not gonna do well at this sledge event. I cannot get the technical aspects down and in my opinion it is not a pure wrist strength event at all and Is more of a “trick” lift  as it deals with a lot of momentum from the body. I am not a fan at all. Did this lift for the first time maybe 2 weeks ago and just can’t get the POP out of it that everyone else seems to get.  I see myself being one of the bottom ones on this lift.Maybe I have weak wrists..LMAO!!

Stop making excuses and win it :D

What type of lift is it, any video demonstrations of it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Stop making excuses and win it :D

What type of lift is it, any video demonstrations of it?

Here is a demo. This was my very first attempt. It is momentum dependent and very little wrist in my opinion and I SUCK at it. I am not going to do well at it at all. 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Here is a demo. This was my very first attempt. It is momentum dependent and very little wrist in my opinion and I SUCK at it.

Ok, Jedd will probably win that one. He's the master of everything that needs a lot of practice it seems :D