Easily bent fingers (Help)

AdriaanRobert96

Hello my grip enthusiasts, I have a problem that needs fixing:/

So as you can assume I am into grip training of all kinds.

My weight (if relevant) 100kg/ 220lbs

Fat Gripz Extreme (15 pull ups), Fat Gripz 70kg BB Lift and 125kg Deadlift.. Those are stats with Fat Gripz Extreme.

I can close CoC Nr.3

I do rope pull ups, towel pull ups, etc..

Pinch grip and all of the above..

To the PROBLEM!

My fingers are bending very easily.

If I grapple with someone or if I grab their hands or fingers, some peoples fingers seem to be stronger.

Starting at the fingertips down to the 1st knuckle, so basically the first inch/cm of the fingers.

I was thinking that maybe hangboar could help?

Thanks in advance, lova ya’ll!

6A576046-C25E-4057-A282-D2A2A7E16668.jpeg

• Like 1

I cant help with the bent finger problem but 15 pullups on Fat Gripz extreme at your BWT is super strong! I doubt only a handful of people on this entire board can do 15 reps on FGX with thumb wrapped let alone at 220lb-great job!

• Thanks 1

I understand your "problem" 100%. You lack the STIFFNESS of the fingers, right? When you press on a hard surface, the fingers bend? I have not found a solution for that issue, it's just natural flexibility and joint ROM. Just work with what you have.

• Thanks 1

I would be very careful with training the finger tips using your BW. I think that would be like asking for trouble.

Better to use something like the tips tester and grippers where you can decide which load you want to work with.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

I understand your "problem" 100%. You lack the STIFFNESS of the fingers, right? When you press on a hard surface, the fingers bend? I have not found a solution for that issue, it's just natural flexibility and joint ROM. Just work with what you have.

I see, thanks a lot pal.. trial and error:)

4 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I would be very careful with training the finger tips using your BW. I think that would be like asking for trouble.

Better to use something like the tips tester and grippers where you can decide which load you want to work with.

I see, I will give that a look.

Tbh that’s my only weakness when it comes to my hands..

So frustrating..

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

I cant help with the bent finger problem but 15 pullups on Fat Gripz extreme at your BWT is super strong! I doubt only a handful of people on this entire board can do 15 reps on FGX with thumb wrapped let alone at 220lb-great job!

Thank you:) Yeah I don’t know but I do have decently large hands so the Fat Gripz Extreme fit very well for me.

I do pull ups on them on a weekly basis.

• Like 1

Bruce Lee was obsessed with his forearms and finger strength and he was a big believer in fingertip pushups. You can start out doing them on your knees until you feel confident enough to do a strict push up with full body weight 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 7:18 AM, AdriaanRobert96 said:

My fingers are bending very easily.

It is genetic. my 1st joint bends back to 90 degrees. I have been rock climbing for about 13 years and have trained my grip extensively.This is an issue that cannot be fixed. You will probably feel pain on narrow pinch and very narrow crimp positions due to your hypermobility. Just work with what you have. I am double jointed in nearly every joint. Hypermobility is not the end of the world. You can still be quite strong.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Shal9097 said:

Bruce Lee was obsessed with his forearms and finger strength and he was a big believer in fingertip pushups. You can start out doing them on your knees until you feel confident enough to do a strict push up with full body weight 

Good point, thanks:)