GHP Level 5 Closed

Danny Young

That's almost a Ronnie Coleman set! Strong close. 

4 hours ago, Hopefully said:

You are holding the gripper way too high up in the hand, you would toy with that gripper if your polished your technique a little. 

That's how I prefer to close them. I get the full resistance out of them.

1 hour ago, Danny Young said:

That's how I prefer to close them. I get the full resistance out of them.

Well, if you want to TNS/NS thats up to you but your  technique for NS is abit off for maximum power 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Well, if you want to TNS/NS thats up to you but your  technique for NS is abit off for maximum power

This will develop maximum power. It's best to do maximum range of motion is instead of doing partials. I closed a coc #2.5 straight out the package first time back in 2014.

49 minutes ago, Danny Young said:

This will develop maximum power. It's best to do maximum range of motion is instead of doing partials. I closed a coc #2.5 straight out the package first time back in 2014.

Thats not what I'm saying, you can use maximum range of motion (No-set) but with a better technique you could most likely be closing ghp6 instead. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hopefully said:

And you hold your fingers high towards the spring for maximum resistence? 🤔 Why not just move on to ghp6 instead? 

Because I can't train grippers & bending at the same time.

4 hours ago, Lennix said:

Thats not what I'm saying, you can use maximum range of motion (No-set) but with a better technique you could most likely be closing ghp6 instead. 

I can close a GHP 6. I just dont like cheating with my other hand just to do partials.

3 minutes ago, Danny Young said:

I can close a GHP 6. I just dont like cheating with my other hand just to do partials.

Not cheating. But you do you high speed. 

23 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Not cheating. But you do you high speed. 

Further up the handles is harder. Further down the handles is much easier especially assisting with your hand.

2 minutes ago, Danny Young said:

Further up the handles is harder. Further down the handles is much easier especially assisting with your hand.

I'm going to ignore the whole assisting with the other hands since no one is saying you have to do partial closes.  Yes holding it further up the handles does make it harder which means it is not conducive to closing the highest level gripper.  You do bending so you know it would be much harder to do a bend if your hands were very close together near the centerline of the bar.  Does that mean it is cheating to hold near the edge of the bar?  I'm guessing you'd say no and it is proper technique especially for the longer bars.  Holding your hands near the bottom of the gripper is just using proper technique to close the largest grippers.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Danny Young said:

Might as well say sumo deadlifts are cheating too. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Nice close man.  

On Wades site for the GHP grippers he seemed to indicate that the finger side knurling has the grooves so you can gauge how far up/down your hands are on the handle.

You made the gripper a little harder to close by moving it farther up your hand and some people be like, "bro you're doing it wrong".  

In my case, I'm training TNS now for Gripmas and I have to move it little farther up my hand than I want to because my fingers are so short and my index and middle finger aren't strong enough to start the close.  

Edited by Adam Juncker

19 minutes ago, Twirdman said:

I'm going to ignore the whole assisting with the other hands since no one is saying you have to do partial closes.  Yes holding it further up the handles does make it harder which means it is not conducive to closing the highest level gripper.  You do bending so you know it would be much harder to do a bend if your hands were very close together near the centerline of the bar.  Does that mean it is cheating to hold near the edge of the bar?  I'm guessing you'd say no and it is proper technique especially for the longer bars.  Holding your hands near the bottom of the gripper is just using proper technique to close the largest grippers.

Really only applies to DO bending. But you can bend almost hands touching with RS or DU but there are ways to make the bend much easier to hitting big bends. Either way I know it's not conductive to closing the heaviest gripper. My attentions aren't to make it easier.

7 minutes ago, Adam Juncker said:

Nice close man.  

On Wades site for the GHP grippers he seemed to indicate that the finger side knurling has the grooves so you can gauge how far up/down your hands are on the handle.

You made the gripper a little harder to close by moving it farther up your hand and some people be like, "bro you're doing it wrong".  

In my case, I'm training TNS now for Gripmas and I have to move it little farther up my hand than I want to because my fingers are so short and my index and middle finger aren't strong enough to start the close.  

I've been training grippers like this since is was 14 years old.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Might as well say sumo deadlifts are cheating too. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Stop comparing apples to oranges. Sumo dead lifting can be harder or easier depending on how strong your hip flexors are. They were much harder for me but I started training them. They became much easier than conventional.

3 minutes ago, Danny Young said:

Stop comparing apples to oranges. Sumo dead lifting can be harder or easier depending on how strong your hip flexors are. They were much harder for me but I started training them. They became much easier than conventional.

Setting grippers is a variation not cheating.That was my point.  Get your shit right or shut up. 

Just now, KapMan said:

Setting grippers is a variation not cheating.That was my point.  Get your shit right or shut up. 

It's a variation that makes it easier. Just like mine is variation that makes it much harder. Deal with it. Or shut your mouth.