Heavy Duty Rubber Floor Mats

OldGuy

I notice that Homedepot sells very heavy duty thick black rubber floor mats. They look ideal for home and garage gyms. Mats 3' x '3 are around $19.

OldGuy,

Watch out for those kinds of mats since they don't soak up the punishment that a regular rubber thick mat (which is sold at any decent weightlifting equipment place) might sell.

The mats you are talking about are for industrial grade purposes and are not built to withstand a heavy weight dropped on it. For a few bucks more you can get the proper kind and not worry about what your concrete floor is going through when you drop that 400 pound barbell!! ;):laugh

The mats are about 3/4'' to 1'' thick. they are plenty strong enough. People have used stall mats for this purpose too without problems. Rubber mats are heavy costly and expensive to ship. It is convenient to be able to see what you are getting and pick some up if you like them. These are by far the cheapest mats I have seen.

The mats are about 3/4'' to 1'' thick. they are plenty strong enough. People have used stall mats for this purpose too without problems. Rubber mats are heavy costly and expensive to ship. It is convenient to be able to see what you are getting and pick some up if you like them. These are by far the cheapest mats I have seen.

Yep.Thats plenty thick!

The big 4x6 mats (1/2 or 3/4)can be expensive to ship.i believe?one 4x6x1/2"mat will usually run about$32 TO 40$ for just a 1/2"(less at say a place like Jessup gym...but ya still have to ship it)and a 3/4"inch mat weighs somewhere over 80lbs...I've moved em around at the gym the 3/4"'s are a nice workout :yikes ......but would be costly to ship.

just go to your local farmers co-op.....they have 4'6' stall mats that are tougher than the ones made for gyms. I have them in my gym and love'em.