Jump to content
Kluv#0

Summer of Rows 2019 (Post your rows here)

Recommended Posts

Lennix

Got inspired! Had nothing heavier to row with then my 25kg plates xD 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar Milosevic

I really hate rows, all the variations, even though I'm pretty good at them. I'll do them today, just for this occasion :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Haven't had a chance to embarrass myself yet, so I'll continue to live in the past:

2 yrs ago: one arm  2" V-bar rows: 150, 175, 200

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)

This morning end of workout burner.  

131 X 18 right & 12 left.  First set smoked me. Lol  No dumbbells so I used an ez curl bar.  Just under 1/2 my BW.  Weighed in at a svelte 269 this morning. Almost blew over in a stiff breeze on the way to the shed.  Kinda scary.  Better start eating more.

 

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrankSobotka
On 7/13/2019 at 8:12 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

This was a couple years ago.  I don't have any dumbbells in the shed of pain.  I'll see what I can do this weekend. 

 

How the hell does your lower back handle that? Bent rows like that have never felt good to me. Discovering Pendlay rows was a game changer for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, FrankSobotka said:

How the hell does your lower back handle that? Bent rows like that have never felt good to me. Discovering Pendlay rows was a game changer for me. 

Years of heavy (for me) deadlifts I guess. I concentrated on deads and heavy barbell rows for years.  

I hate Pendlay rows. Lol

These will blow your whole back up from traps to taint. 😂

 

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lennix

More rows today! You guys make me do fun stuff, thanks :D

Prolly 65mm  

140x5 pendlay rows

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar Milosevic

 Here's my submission, ~73 kg/161 lb x 15 with no straps. I didn't do these for a long time, and my biceps was feeling funny, so I just left it at 15.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kluv#0

7/14/19 Oly DB handle 131 lb x24 (R) and x22 (L) pretty hard on this man. Done after a great gripper/KP workout in which the grip gods(COC 3.5 # 176 attempt) ripped my paw to remind it its not too easy. I did get it to 1/4" :)

boo-boo.jpg.48fff5d102e6150a74fa4e302d740259.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WestSlope

I will have to be the "before" picture for a guy that hasn't been doing his rows for a couple of years. You all are rowing circles around me.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
2 hours ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

 Here's my submission, ~73 kg/161 lb x 15 with no straps. I didn't do these for a long time, and my biceps was feeling funny, so I just left it at 15.

Kilt it!  Great set!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

7/14/19 Oly DB handle 131 lb x24 (R) and x22 (L) pretty hard on this man. Done after a great gripper/KP workout in which the grip gods(COC 3.5 # 176 attempt) ripped my paw to remind it its not too easy. I did get it to 1/4" :)

boo-boo.jpg.48fff5d102e6150a74fa4e302d740259.jpg

That was like a piston popping those out.  No idea how you jumped right into 2nd set.  I had to take a 5 minute break and smoke a Newport between my right and left attempts.  

 

i-need-ucmgfp.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kluv#0
29 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

That was like a piston popping those out.  No idea how you jumped right into 2nd set.  I had to take a 5 minute break and smoke a Newport between my right and left attempts.  

 

i-need-ucmgfp.jpg

Definitely knew I was an AARP member after that set. I need to work harder on the Gazelle:) 30 minutes, every other, not cutting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kluv#0
5 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

This morning end of workout burner.  

131 X 18 right & 12 left.  First set smoked me. Lol  No dumbbells so I used an ez curl bar.  Just under 1/2 my BW.  Weighed in at a svelte 269 this morning. Almost blew over in a stiff breeze on the way to the shed.  Kinda scary.  Better start eating more.

 

 

3 hours ago, Lennix said:

More rows today! You guys make me do fun stuff, thanks :D

Prolly 65mm  

140x5 pendlay rows

 

 

1 hour ago, WestSlope said:

I will have to be the "before" picture for a guy that hasn't been doing his rows for a couple of years. You all are rowing circles around me.

 

Very impressive submissions!! Summer of rows is off to a great start. Iam trying to figure out what to put on some T-shirts- Summer of rows 2019?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KapMan
1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

 

 

Very impressive submissions!! Summer of rows is off to a great start. Iam trying to figure out what to put on some T-shirts- Summer of rows 2019?

Beach theme

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
king crusher

Good job everyone.  

Yeah those back to back high rep sets were great. That is a good level of cardio. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

I would just like to say to everyone on this thread that tricked me into doing these yeaterday... F#$% you!  I hate you all.  May you all die slow agonizing deaths and rot in hell.

 

Mah back! :cry

 

 

 

 

:D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WestSlope

Mike T's prediction of the outcome of this thread:

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kluv#0
15 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Mike T's prediction of the outcome of this thread:

 

Ha, good one Steve! I was going to upload the Life Alert meme "Help, I cant get up" but that might too much. Kidding aside, I love watching and learning from other videos and the submissions so far have been exceptional. The variety, strength and effort has been top- notch! Iam going to do take it easy with some Seal Rows on Wed- yeah buddy:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
king crusher
2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I would just like to say to everyone on this thread that tricked me into doing these yeaterday... F#$% you!  I hate you all.  May you all die slow agonizing deaths and rot in hell.

 

Mah back! :cry

 

 

 

 

:D

Today my lower biceps feel fine but my left lower biceps was extremely sore up until yesterday from my rows the other day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
7 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Today my lower biceps feel fine but my left lower biceps was extremely sore up until yesterday from my rows the other day. 

No pain in biceps, but my lats, traps rhomboids, erectors, upper tris, and rear delts hate me.  I try to do everything I can not to use my biceps on rows.  They wear out quicker than my back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar Milosevic

I'm glad to see that everyone here is very strong at rows, they separate the men from the boys. My bicepsES are killing me today, so I probably won't do heavy rows for another year :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KapMan

GG keypinch device used for rows. Not a ton of weight,  but you don't need a bunch to make it hard. My gym lacks the dumbbells and plates to really throw in on some heavy stuff. So. Getting creative.

GG rows

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acorn

My rows from this weekend. 2" db handle, 160#. Did them at the end of a 2hr. Pinch and thickbar workout hence the soaked through shirt.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
2 minutes ago, acorn said:

My rows from this weekend. 2" db handle, 160#. Did them at the end of a 2hr. Pinch and thickbar workout hence the soaked through shirt.

 

Strong! Especially on the dumbbell axle at the end of a grip workemout

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.