Sign in to follow this  
Alawadhi

Who can close a #3 Ronnie Coleman style?

David_wigren
Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

I asked you to show me the transition from one creature to another .... that should be pretty simple to do, no? Not an artists rendering or a thought... but the concrete fossil evidence. 

Your mother gave birth to you. That’s a transition from one creature to another. Repeat that process a few million times and you’re likely going to end up with something that looks very different from you and your mother.

Shoggoth
1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Again.... that is not the subject here. The subject is you have faith and I have faith. Just in different things. But you can’t admit it. That is not beyond a shadow of a doubt proof.

And I’m telling you that we don’t have a “faith” in these ideas as we all the possibility of new data. You do not. This is very simple. 

• Like 1

Joseph Sullivan
1 minute ago, David_wigren said:

Mindless process? Ever heard about natural selection?

So natural selection has a mind attached to it? Make up your mind Dave!! Or is it a mindless process? Last I read, natural selection Is a mindless process!! If it’s not, then there is a mind attached, a guided process!! Can’t be both!

Joseph Sullivan
2 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

And I’m telling you that we don’t have a “faith” in these ideas as we all the possibility of new data. You do not. This is very simple. 

You believe it... what would you call it? FAITH. If you believe the Big Bang and evolution, that’s faith, because it is not proven! It is a theory. You have faith in the data or whatever you want to term it!

Hubgeezer
3 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Ok, quickly explain to me what an intron and an exon is.

David, I don't think your question is a trick question in the manner of one of my favorite movies, of all time, My Cousin Vinny:

But, I do believe it is a trick question. My brother is a retired scientist. Most scientists cannot "quickly explain" ANYTHING! 😀  When you find one that can, they are usually the ones who are in the media, as they can connect with the General Public, unlike most. 

• Haha 1

Joseph Sullivan
5 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Your mother gave birth to you. That’s a transition from one creature to another. Repeat that process a few million times and you’re likely going to end up with something that looks very different from you and your mother.

NO ITS NOT!!!! What are you taking about man!! I am a human and my mother is a human!  Nice try! A transitional species... you know exactly what I am saying for you to show me.!! But you cannot! Because there are none! A dog is a dog, a cat is a cat and a man is a man! No change from an ape to a man or a fish to an amphibian!!! There are no examples as evidenced by this answer you just gave!!!

Joseph Sullivan
10 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

We accept that they don’t have to be mutually exclusive, Joe does though. 

That does not matter if I believe they can be mutually or exclusive or not. I am just trying to get ones that believe the unproven to admit it takes faith to believe it just like the one who believes in God. The details make no difference... but it’s obviously not happening. So, I’m out . I have faith and so do you! Whether you are able to admit it or not. I’ve wanted enough of my day. 😉

David_wigren
Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

So natural selection has a mind attached to it? Make up your mind Dave!! Or is it a mindless process? Last I read, natural selection Is a mindless process!! If it’s not, then there is a mind attached, a guided process!! Can’t be both!

Natural selection will create evolutionary push in certain directions. If a population of animals are forced to live in a cold climate, then the individuals who are slightly better at handling that cold will survive at greater numbers than the ones who are not. Eventually you get to a point where those features become more and more dominant. They might for example develop fur or a more bulky body structure that is more efficient at preserving body heat.

In the extremely hilarious example of duck penises and vaginas. An evolutionary race between the male and female counterparts have made it so that some duck species have fully mobile penises that can move and navigate the inside of the female, who has developed a labyrinth structure inside her vagina. The female parts have been developed so that the female can better select which male it reproduces with. And the male have developed these odd penises as a way of increasing the likelihood of being able to impregnate the female. Different species have these genitals developed to different extents, indicating that it’s been a process which has developed slowly over many many generations. 

Shoggoth
5 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You believe it... what would you call it? FAITH. If you believe the Big Bang and evolution, that’s faith, because it is not proven! It is a theory. You have faith in the data or whatever you want to term it!

I believe it works until disproven but I all the chance for it to be so that’s not true faith right? You’re unflinching in the face of no matter what evidence right? That’s faith. See the difference? It’s very simple Joe. You have “faith” in that we believe that but we don’t. Even when it’s reiterated multiple times. That’s true faith. Kudos. 

Wannagrip
13 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

It all started with the Myth/theory of Kinney!!!! I said to go back to Coleman subject matter WEEKS AGO!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣..... but nooooooo we had a massive Segue!! Can’t say that I have not had a Blast! Spiced up this place a bit. I still can’t believe it has it been shut down since @Alawadhi sent a post to @Wannagrip hours ago to Lock it 

There were no posts sent to me.