Sign in to follow this  
Alawadhi

Who can close a #3 Ronnie Coleman style?

Bearcat 74

The whole Joe Kinney thing could have been settled if you’re the guy in charge by climbing on a plane and swinging by Bean Station, TN to see it in person.   Flying to Turkasrobia and Uzbeckasville is no problem but not TN to see the only dude to do the impossible, or not.

I know others offered to swing by, and I don’t know why Joe didn’t meet up with them, but I would have wanted to see it myself.

I had an offer to cert one time and after my first correspondence with the guy to witness/judge I decided I would just not even take the attempt as to meet up with them.   I wasn’t trying to hide anything, there’s quite a few people that have seen me do well and fail, it happens.  Maybe Joe got the same vibe from whoever he spoke with.  

I feel bad for Joe because he followed the guidelines laid out by IronMind and here we are 20yrs later wondering if it was real. 

• Like 2

Alawadhi
2 hours ago, David_wigren said:

I wonder who would win in a grip competition. Joe Kinney from 1998-1999 vs Silverback grip guy (what was his real name, Eucledies? Something like that?) from 2011-2012? 

LOLOLOLOL

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

With Timmy as the referee...

Eucledies had the most entertaining grip videos ever made.  The ez curl bar in a towel and the towel crucifix were cinematic gold!

Maaaaan hahahahaha

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

His videos were very entertaining but I was particularly impressed with his training vlogs. He went through his training and shared many training ideas with surprising detail! He seemed to be a very intelligent, intense, observant and pragmatic person! Shame he never got to close the #4 under official settings. I still regard him as one of the greats, along with Kinney and the incredible boob-lady.

LOL!!! Nice guy so he is legit.:trout

48 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I've seen some posts by this Euclides guy over at the IM forum, what's the deal with him? Fraud similar to Gazza? Doesn't seem to exist any videos anymore. 

Yes and no. He was very strong. He enter a grip comp and won it. There weren't the top guys there but managed to win it. But dude was/is weird. He comes and goes. Like a bigfoot. Something not quite right. He faked few closes before. But hey at least he competed once and proved himself strong.

• Thanks 1

Hopefully

Thanks 👍

• Like 1

Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)

I here (hear?) this Khan has challenged Joe to a squat competition. 

And with that... I'm out.

But only because I couldn't find the vid of the old Russian guy in the old time strongman singlet squatting 1500 lbs.

Until next year my friends!

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Haha 4

David_wigren

Khan ain’t got nothing on this guy. Dude can bend coins against his eyes. He’s rocking the strength of 30000 men. Doesn’t even shake hands with people because he could accidentally hurt them! 

• Haha 3

Alawadhi

@Mike Rinderle why didn't you post my 695 KG C&J on the axle? I deserve that recognition 😎 After all, you can't really prove me wrong. @David_wigren You forgot he didn't sleep once in his life and has $eX at least 15 times a day to stay healthy. Eats raw meat and drinks butter. Besides those two, we have Sri Chinmoy who can wrist curl with 256LBS and one hand press 7000KG.

• Haha 2

slazbob
Posted (edited)

I bet you guy’s are shirtless with potato chips crumbs on your chests...laughing while you type! 

Edited by slazbob
  • Haha 5

Shal9097
59 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Khan ain’t got nothing on this guy. Dude can bend coins against his eyes. He’s rocking the strength of 30000 men. Doesn’t even shake hands with people because he could accidentally hurt them! 

Wow. What a grip on that guy

• Haha 1

Adam Juncker

It's conversations like these that remind me why I just can't quit the gripboard.

• Haha 1

Mike Rinderle
30 minutes ago, slazbob said:

I bet you guy are shirtless with potato chips crumbs on your chests...laughing while you type! 

Not me.  I'm nekid.

0 0 0 14zq6q.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Kluv#0

bigfott.jpg.e6cefa4a32ea7dddf2737d732e46e244.jpg

• Haha 3

AdamTGlass
56 minutes ago, slazbob said:

I bet you guy are shirtless with potato chips crumbs on your chests...laughing while you type! 

This is the best comment 😆😆😆

• Like 3

slazbob
7 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Ben, we agree to disagree. But you are always a friend and a family!!! I still remember the awesome bending days we had.

Yeah? Wanna bet she is not stronger than even you? :calmYep, she'd kick Joe Kinney butt in total body strength (yes including squats) AND grip. At least she closed a #2.5 and got a filled #3 to 1/8". Still waiting since day first on your Ronnie Coleman set attempt on a  #3. It seems only I did it.

Yo, got you Bader ...I have the Coleman close down! I don’t care if it’s a trainer- I have it mastered 😄

• Haha 1

Mike Rinderle
6 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Yo, got you Bader ...I have the Coleman close down! I don’t care if it’s a trainer- I have it mastered 😄

75BD14E3-DB81-4898-90EC-C634FE91ED80.MOV

Owned it!

• Like 1

Aleksandar Milosevic
4 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Damn man, this is hilarious hahahahaha

• Like 1

Paul Savage
15 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Ben, we agree to disagree. But you are always a friend and a family!!! I still remember the awesome bending days we had.

Yeah? Wanna bet she is not stronger than even you? :calmYep, she'd kick Joe Kinney butt in total body strength (yes including squats) AND grip. At least she closed a #2.5 and got a filled #3 to 1/8". Still waiting since day first on your Ronnie Coleman set attempt on a  #3. It seems only I did it.

Haha you did fail to mention she was 2 time world grip champion and two time world Strongwoman Champion :) but yeah she's stronger than almost all guys and pretty much PB's in everything every week always, it's not easy to be stronger than her, I would know! :S 😕

• Like 2

Alawadhi
14 hours ago, slazbob said:

75BD14E3-DB81-4898-90EC-C634FE91ED80.MOV

OWNED

18 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Classic! 

• Like 1

slazbob
On 6/25/2019 at 11:59 AM, Alawadhi said:

1) He met with Joe Kinney in toys r us parking lot. Not only Joe couldn't close a #4, he couldn't close #3. He have Heath a scrap gripper which he claimed he closed (notice this came from a guy who can't close a #3). Anyone who could grind a legit #4 can anytime close a #3. He showed Heath a CoC #4. These are the facts and nothing else. 2) No one is asking Kinney to prove himself as I will not ask a fish to walk on land, or a lion to only eat fruits. This is because, well, I already know the answer and don't want to embarrass myself.

Oh no Joe was more than a #4 torturer. He was squatting 200KG for 60 reps every morning on an empty stomach. World strongest men can't do half of this nowadays with enhancements. He could pass the Inch bell from one hand to another early morning before breakfast for tens of reps. Talk about thumb power. Funny to talk about that bender who could before having breakfast bend a 4.5" SS 3/8 old hard stock FBBC barehanded behind his back as a warm up. Dude these guys are legends. And on top of all this, the best gripster and best bender can't replicate half of those claims.

One, is that really Joe? Second, I have the same dumpster spring gripper and I can close it for reps using only two fingers. They vary in strength, like A LOT.

Wong! His word is bond :D JK, he used to say that a lot. He also used to say his team while watching movies in late Friday's were closing the #4 for reps while eating pop corn. Does he think he is talking to stupid people??!

Yes Timmy also closed his #4's which later he admits it was as hard as a #1.5 to #2. And no Joe never closed a #3 seen by a credible witness. If Mr. Kinney could do what he wanted us to believe, he would've closed that #3 behind his back TNS with two fingers.

Bader -

you have a Monster you can close with two fingers for reps?

slazbob
Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2019 at 12:32 PM, David_wigren said:

I would give you a proper response but my fingers are bent and I’m bleeding from my fingernails.

Ya know, David...he was probably taring that skin under the nails from the grip machine handle sliding up the fingers. It’s the same kind of feeling as pressing your finger tips on something that has some friction and sliding your hand forward...do that enough and it will pull away from the nail and bleed. The more you know 🌈.

Edited by slazbob

Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)

Forget Ronnie.  I want to see someone close big grippers in the hook position!  GOAT

0 creenshot_20190705-085947_YouTube.jpg

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fist of Fury
2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Forget Ronnie.  I want to see someone close big grippers in the hook position!  GOAT

Be careful, this feels terrible and it's probably a risky way of closing a gripper. Judging by how bad it feels in the wrist.

• Like 1

Viceversus
15 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Lmao! Hilarious.

king crusher
On 7/5/2019 at 10:33 AM, Fist of Fury said:

Be careful, this feels terrible and it's probably a risky way of closing a gripper. Judging by how bad it feels in the wrist.

Yeah I remember when that pic came out and I did that with a coc 1 and it was very hard and felt like my tendon could snap. Never tried again 

king crusher

Is this an acceptable Ronnie close?

Made sure the gripper was out in front of me, the pinky fully on the gripper and my thumb just out there lol.

I actually did it twice as the first one I instinctively used my thumb at the end haha.

Oh and it's a #2. 

Also tried a times hold with my 156 #3 after this and got 20sec.

I have not used my grippers in a month or so and it hurts letting go haha

Maybe I should just not let go like Kinney? Lol

• Haha 1

Joseph Sullivan
On 7/5/2019 at 9:01 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

This style of closing, from what I’ve heard, should only be done for very high reps at a very light gripper. The disadvantage placed on the grip due to the bent wrist is phenomenal. I’ve tried it a few times and my wrist did not like it at all. Proceed with caution. Some arm wrestlers do this with very light, like a trainer or a guide for high reps. 

• Like 1