Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
omarlaik

What are your thoughts on this routine AND MANY THANKS

Recommended Posts

omarlaik
Posted (edited)

Hello, i have bought many John Brookfield books , and i liked them all and also many Ironmind books, and now after i read Mastery of Hand Strength i started training my grip using household items, and this my routine, please what your toughts on my routine and many thinks , i train 3 times a week

 

-Warm up , I warm up using a beach towel, i roll the towel all the way up using only my fingers and thumbs this exercice is from BluePrint of Grip Strength by John Brookfield, please is this good and after that i try to do some jumping jacks, please say me what should i change or add and many thanks.

-Wide Timber Lifting, for wide grip pinch gripping, i take a wide wooden timber that is heavy i i do 3-5 sets of bent over rows and also 3-5 of curls because of the leverage factor it works also my wrists.

-Pliers Lifting, for crushing grip, and i also try to do 3-5 sets of hammer curls here s  the exercices as described in Mastery of hand strength, please say me what should i change or add and many thanks.

Quote

you will need a five-gallon bucket. You will need to place some type of weight in the bucket—dirt, rocks, sand, barbell plates. Take a piece of leather from an old belt, put the piece of leather through the handle of the bucket, and bring the two ends together over the top of the handle. The leather is basically making a loop or a ring through the handle of the bucket. Grasp the pliers with the handles upward and the clamp facing downward. Grip the leather tightly with the pliers. Now lift the bucket off the ground with the pliers. You will notice that you must maintain a very tight grip on the handles of the pliers. The weight pulling down on the pliers is constantly trying to break your grip. A good exercise to do when you lift the bucket with the pliers is hammer curls. 

- Lever lift/Weaver stick, i do this exercice using a shovel and also i do 3 sets of max holds with each hand, please say me what should i change or add and many thanks

-

Finger extension – jar lifting, i train the finger extensors using a lid jar because i dont have big rubber bands, I fill the jar with sand . I put my hand inside, extend my fingers, and lift the jar. Don’t lift it far; if it falls you will have a mess,  please say me what should i change or add and many thanks.

 

Please help me with ways to recover to improve and what should i add or change and manyyyyy thanks for all the gripsters for helping me. 

Edited by omarlaik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi

Omar, how old are you?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully

Omar you have to figure out some stuff by yourself instead of relying on others. Do some research, check out the logs, look to see what mistakes other have made and try to learn something etc. How do you think the routine is, if you like it go for it. You have asked this question a thousand times combined in several Youtube videos already. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omarlaik
11 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Omar, how old are you?

15 YEARS OLD FROM MOROCCO THANKS FOR ALL YOUR EFFORTS BRO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omarlaik
7 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Omar you have to figure out some stuff by yourself instead of relying on others. Do some research, check out the logs, look to see what mistakes other have made and try to learn something etc. How do you think the routine is, if you like it go for it. You have asked this question a thousand times combined in several Youtube videos already. 

THANKS BRO FOR ALL THE ADVICES, BUT I HAVENT POSTED ANY QUESTIONS ON YOUTUBE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
1 hour ago, omarlaik said:

THANKS BRO FOR ALL THE ADVICES, BUT I HAVENT POSTED ANY QUESTIONS ON YOUTUBE

...Right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fist of Fury

Good advice from Hopefully. Also there's no reason to use CAPS LOCK.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi
On 5/29/2019 at 5:24 AM, omarlaik said:

15 YEARS OLD FROM MOROCCO THANKS FOR ALL YOUR EFFORTS BRO

That explains your enthusiasm. Like everyone said, follow your guts and the advice of people. You will get stronger.

23 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Good advice from Hopefully. Also there's no reason to use CAPS LOCK.

I am sure he means no shouting. His English is obviously not up there yet. Maybe it's a keyboard problem too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Climber028

Bader I think you should just go train him, they're only like 5,000 miles away that's not too bad

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi
On 5/30/2019 at 5:07 PM, Climber028 said:

Bader I think you should just go train him, they're only like 5,000 miles away that's not too bad

Yeah. Maybe 12 hours flight. In Arabic Morocco is called Al Maghreb and it is for a reason. Al Maghreb means The West and/or Sun Set. Well it was the last place to go in the west back in the days where you can chase the sun by ground. This literally meant end of the known world back then (until we discovered there were tons of people in the Americas later on). So yeah, maybe I'll fly 5,000 miles on daily basis and train with him. Omar, what do you say? Leaving jokes aside, if you're ever in Dubai pass by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
omarlaik
On 6/9/2019 at 12:41 PM, Alawadhi said:

Yeah. Maybe 12 hours flight. In Arabic Morocco is called Al Maghreb and it is for a reason. Al Maghreb means The West and/or Sun Set. Well it was the last place to go in the west back in the days where you can chase the sun by ground. This literally meant end of the known world back then (until we discovered there were tons of people in the Americas later on). So yeah, maybe I'll fly 5,000 miles on daily basis and train with him. Omar, what do you say? Leaving jokes aside, if you're ever in Dubai pass by.

thanks very much alawadhi inchallah when i will get to dubai i will send you a message here on gripboard, thanks very much, you re world class gripster

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.